What do you think of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
maybe we should seek information from both sides, including the teachers side to see what the teacher has to say.

sometimes parents make things bigger than what they are, some dont.

it really sounds like its the teachers fault god knows how many times he told the child to do it. the childs body is probably not fit enough for this excercise. so the child did more than what his body is able to take.
we cant expect all kids to be fit to do anything, some are weaker than others or their body is just weak.

but after reading the last few posts, i do think we should know what the teacher has to say about it too.

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam~

Issues become serious when questioned by Allah on Yawmuddin!

A compensation is enough for this dunya

Ibn Uthaymin

supporting an oppressor? i think you streched it too far. i did not mean to let go teacher, all i meant was maybe the teacher did not know his pain.

Hisham Ibn Al-Hakim Ibn Hazim happened to pass by some people, the farmers of Syria, who had been made to stand in the sun. He asked: What is the matter with them? They said: They have been detained for (not paying) the Jizyah (tax on non-Muslims in an Islamic state). Thereupon, Hisham said: I testify that I heard Allah's Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him, saying: “Allah would torment those who torment people in the world.” (Reported by Muslim)

Stretching too far? The kid just pointed out the right answer, nothing more. I think people should know that

Corrupt? Hmm

Everyone knows that I don't like majority of the elder people from the Sub Continent. The fake Ahnaf (more like Ahmaq) who haven't read a single book written by Abu Hanifa (but claim to be followers!) and their tendency to shove culture down your throat wherever the hell they go and portray it as religion have pretty much no respect, affinity, sympathy, empathy from me.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalaamu `alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuhu

The problem with this thread in essence, is that it is judging a specific instance, and not questioning a general theory. It's not asking the question of whether allowing teachers to assign up downs (aka deep squats) but about whether this teacher did right or wrong, or was in fault for his decision.

Now the thing is, do we really have enough information on this case to judge fairly? I don't know where akh Ibn Uthaymin received his information, and I trust that it is true, but the fact of the matter is, that it is given in a very one-sided manner. We don't have information of the surrounding occurrence, witnesses to the event, statement from the accused etc. And a lot of judgments are being made. I'm not saying he (the one who did this) is right, nor am I on his side for this matter. What I am saying is this isn't exactly a fair representation, and who are we, random forum goers to judge?

Perhaps it was a very big accident on the part of the teacher. Yes doing up downs is a very common practice in Bangladesh, and out of the thousands who have been fine with it, how was the teacher to know one may be hurt? What I'm saying is, we can't judge the intentions of the teacher, and whether it was done out of malice, or even with acknowledgment that this child could be hurt. Since it is such a very common practice, it's not something that was done out of 'abuse' in the mind of this teacher, and since it is acceptable in the Bangladeshi society, we cannot judge him singularly without more evidence on the surrounding situation.

This thread is not thus productive in any way, coming up with solutions to a potential problem - say perhaps whether or not such teaching methods should be allowed etc. I feel for the child, and pray Allaah heals him and gives him a full recovery. As for the parents, Allaah knows best, according to their situation with what happened, if it's a regular occurrence, based on a lot of things, they might be in the right to get others involved, or there may be other ways to get this resolved. Such that perhaps the man should help with costs, and be fiscally responsible.

However, we, being millions of miles away (for some) can't pronounce judgment on this, because we simply don't know enough and dont even have influence on this.

As for elders being corrupt, I think that word is not entirely appropriate. I've met elders from there, and many rather than corrupt, the word I would use is - adamant. There are some firmly stuck in their ways, entirely blind to change, and yes perhaps full of faults. But pointing them out requires a lot of patience and work and understanding of the situation that they come from. As the saying goes, "You cant teach an old dog new tricks." ... The ways they've been ingrained with since childhood, it's difficult to remove them all at once, and especially when many times we (including myself) approach them with an arrogant -I-know-better-than-you attitude. Certain respect should be given to our elders, regardless of how wrong they may be, and we may need to help guide them with humility and tact.

It can be aggravating, it can be heart breaking, but at the end of the day, let's not hate a group of fellow Muslims, and some sweet old people as well, based on experiences with some.

May Allaah forgive us all for our shortcomings and guide us to that which is best. If I have said anything wrong in the above, it is solely from myself, and if I have offended anyone in the process, I do apologize.

BarakAllaahu feekum

-- Thread Closed --

wasalaamu `alaykum

Status
Not open for further replies.