What is Terrorism and who are the terrorists?

Raihan

What is Terrorism and who are the terrorists?

By Dr. Perwazekhudi

Dispute on this issue has been going on throughout the world, especially since 9/11. The world’s leading Scholars, thinkers and politicians, have not yet; come up with a one Single most definition of terrorism or terrorist which will be acceptable to all. So far, whoever has defined terrorism; it is either politically motivated or religiously biased. Therefore we are not able to develop common consciences over this crucial issue. The matter even gets more complex when each country, state, Nation or a group of Individuals, start creating their own definition according to their need. If this latest trend, continues and the world peace loving majority did not come to a common ground on this issue, than those people who are charged with political & religious zealous will keep their tunnel vision, focused only on very few terrorist organizations namely Al-Qaeda & few alike, while hundreds of other terrorist groups (including few States & nations) will continue their barbaric activities under our noses, in the name of survival, self-defense, law and order, civil disobedience etc etc. Therefore, we the common people, of this planet have the responsibility to identify and fight against all & every evil, without any discrimination or personnel biased. Having said that, I would like to present you, with my understanding of this menace:

“Any one, who deliberately, in his right state of mind, causes harm to another, life or lives (Human and or Animal) and property(s) without any legal & or Moral Justification, supported by the local (country, state) and or international law, in my humble opinion, is a terrorist and whatever, comes out, as a result, of his action, is Terrorism”. By, “anyone” I mean, single or a group of individuals, country, State or Nation and when I say “harm”, it could be anything from a simple injury, harassment and vandalism to a killing, massacre and mass destruction as well as psychological, social and financial trauma to others.

After this explanation, it is not so hard to figure out that Terrorism is not a new invention of 21st century, but existed throughout human history. However, most of us start hearing about this, only after the unfortunate incident of 9/11. Even though, in the late 20th century we would hear sporadically, about terrorist activities but with the growth of electronic media, especially the Internet, news are spreading in the world within matter of seconds, compare to days & even months in the past. Here are few examples, of past, recent past and present, terrorists & terrorism:

1. Long before Islam & Christianity, Egyptian pharaoh expelled thousands of Jewish, Children, women, Elderly to Sinai dessert where they lived for forty years. Even though considering the nature of Jews (not Jewish or Israelis), who might have created some problem for the King but no matter what, punishing the entire Nation for the mistake of only few, is not an excuse.

2. Destruction (1st) of the Salomon’s temple, a national heritage of Jewish, by Nebuchadnezzar and subsequent exile of Israelites, from their homeland, is another example of an act of terrorism. However keep in mind, none of these people, mentioned in 1 & 2 were Muslims or Christians, but rather worshipers of kings, Queens or multiple other gods like today’s Hindus in India.

3. Similarly, second & third time destruction, of the Salomon’s temple by the Greeks & Romans respectively, who were either Zoroastrians or some other types of Polytheists.

4. The entire world especially, Muslim & Christian, cannot forget the atrocity of the “crusaders” who slaughtered hundreds of thousand, Muslims, their children, females & elderly in a cold blood. These people, just like Yazeed, were the followers of a Peaceful religion but this time, it was Christianity.

5. Who can ever forget the world’s most infamous terrorists namely Hitler & Stalin, who killed millions of innocent people elsewhere, including in their respective countries. Interestingly, both were born Christian; however Stalin, in his adulthood became a communist.

6. Who is the inventor of Atomic bomb? Of course a JEW, Albert Einstein, who used his God given brain and knowledge to produce an evil, for the destruction of his own race and Civilization?

7. Now, who were those, who bombed the Hiroshima & Nagasaki with the Atom bomb, killing thousands of innocent Japanese, destroying their, buildings, livestock, plantations and the rest is well known to all of us? These were some of the top decision makers, in the American government and establishment, who were, also supposedly Christians but not by their action.

8. Similarly the Kamikaze suicide air attacker, who bombed the Pearl Harbor, killing thousands American soldiers plus injured several thousand other without any mercy. They were from Japan, which is predominantly Buddhist country.

9. The most recent, massacre in “Gaza” is a painful reminder, to the whole world, specifically Muslim, of the Jews and their State sponsored terrorism which has constantly, in the past sixty years, killed, humiliate and demoralized, people of Palestine, both Muslims & Christians, as well as barricading them, from all 3 sides, in a one large prison. In this very recent war crime of Gaza, alone, Jews killed and injured, several thousand innocent Palestinians including four hundreds children & babies. Not to mention, the shameless destruction of schools, houses, mosques, hotels even UN building.

10. This article will be not complete, if I do not mention, about the “Hindu terrorism & terrorists” which is widely ignored or unknown to the west. There are over 144 different terrorist organizations in India, belonging to Hindus. Most of them are well known to us in Asia because they have not yet crossed the border of our continent. Furthermore, India’s famous intelligence agency RAW as well as at a time the government itself has participated in terrorist activities such as the killing of 90,000 plus Kashmiri, who are resisting the Indian occupation since 1947. Furthermore, a massive gang of Hindu terrorists made of ordinary Hindus, from India who burned & killed alive, over 4000 Muslims from Gujarat (one of the Indian state), with the consent of the State prime minister Mr. Modi, who himself is a well known terrorist even recognized as such, by the USA, where he is not allowed to visit. Furthermore, not too long ago, in the Malegaon massacre as well as in the bombing of a passenger bus, killing sixty two Pakistani citizens, the Indian law enforcement agencies arrested several Hindu terrorists, who were involved in these terrorist acts including the infamous colonel of Indian army “MR. Purohit’, while he was still on an active duty. Similarly these Hindu terrorists have killed over 30,000 Sikh and several thousand innocent Christians of Indian nationality. Just because they were asking for their right of freedom (in case of Sikh) or they were teaching the Hindus about Jesus & his holy message.

Having said, that I do not believe all Hindus are terrorist. Just like I stated above, regarding other religions and non religious terrorism. In fact terrorists, have no religion, culture or race, rather they are, a group of deviants, from the human’s Norm.

Unfortunately, we are the one, who link them to a particular race, nation or a religion because of our personnel biased, lack of knowledge or political gain & or prejudice. And by doing so we provide these handful criminals, with a larger platform as well as hideout among millions of good, law abiding, peace loving and God fearing people rather than identifying them, according to their deeds. Which will not only put them into an isolation but also we will be not alienating so many good people who might look like or share with them some cultural or religious commonalities.

What I wrote in this brief article is no more than a drop in the bucket for this topic. However, it is good starter to provide some for food for thought, especially for those, who think that they or their predecessors were angels.

http://pakalert.wordpress.com/2009/01/31/what-is-terrorism-and-who-are-the-terrorists/

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Thank you for sharing this brother, very useful info.

My old folks here always say, a lier normally will call other people as lier. Likewise, they lable every muslim organisation as terrorists though the real terrorists are themselves and it is crystal clear today that they are the real terrorists through some of their own actions e.g. latest genocide over Gaza but due to their thick skin they still have the audacity to call others as terrorists.

revert uk

Thank you for sharing this brother, very useful info.

My old folks here always say, a lier normally will call other people as lier. Likewise, they lable every muslim organisation as terrorists though the real terrorists are themselves and it is crystal clear today that they are the real terrorists through some of their own actions e.g. latest genocide over Gaza but due to their thick skin they still have the audacity to call others as terrorists.

Salaams

George W Bush

The biggest terrorist of them all.

balancedMind

To see, one must open eyes.

Islam and the Mulslim people are not, as you would make them, without terrorism or terrorist/extremists. To make a speak and to go on and on about others and all of thier wrong doings without first acknowledging those which belong to your own faith is foolish. There is no faith that has not committed these types of atrocities at some point in time. Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Buddist, and any other you might name or conveniently leave out of your one sided rant. We connot condemn those sins in which we ourselves have been quilty of until we first ask to be forgiven. You spew hatred and condemnation as if it is a righteous pedistal to stand upon. Jew's are not the enemy, nor America, or palistine, or greeks, Indian, or anyone else. The enemy lies within all of our nations! Your friend, or neighbor, and even the man you pray next to. The enemy is he who is not able to accept the differences of those around us. He who would not embrace another man because of his faith or skin color. We are followers of our own saviors who would ask us only to love one another. However, if your savior is a man that would ask for the blood of any man, then you are the enemy. You perpetuate death and terror. I ask that you not cast a stone in return but simply drop your stone and turn your eye's and heart to your savior. It is his choice! Whomever he may be or whatever name he would go by. The man who casts stones in the name of his faith will be struck down and cursed by his own God. Let that man's arm tire. If you are the righteous, then you will not seek an eye for an eye; but seek an answer to your prayers. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. No man is without sin. In case you were wondering. I will pray for you. You are my brother and I wish only blessings on you and your house.

p.s. Einstein, condemned the use of his formulas and the use of his brilliant mind to create a weapon of such devistation. Please understand facts before making such bold statements. These are the lies that would create the hatred of another under false pretense.