What Now

leon

hi there brothers and sisters......as u all know im a new member to Islam and only converted 2 months ago........
i at present work with a large group of men and its becomeing a daily occurence of verbal abuse about Muslims in general.........
im trying to lay a deaf ear but dont know for how long i can keep my silince and give them my piece of mind........

What should i do.................assist me plse.

Greek_Rose_2005

Thats a hard one to call I would be careful about giving them a piece of your mind so to speak but its a good dawah oppertunity to tell them what you know about islam as most people they mock others without knowing the full details...some mosques have open houses and where they talk about islam what it is ect for non muslims you might want to find when your local masjod will be having one and invite them to come maybe if they see what its about they will be less likely to keep throwing insults...but i know it can be hard there is people in my work place that do the same..

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2:

do they know that you are a muslim... if not, try to tell them that you are if you don't see any "danger" for you... if you think you can answer there quetions and communicate with them, then ask them to ask you questions and if you didn't know the answer, tell them that you'll get back to them, come and share with us their questions and we all try to answer them...... if you don't see yourself able to communicate with them, then give them booklets or printed materials about the issue that they talk about... May Allah make it easy for you brother...Salam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
hi there brothers and sisters......as u all know i'm a new member to Islam and only converted 2 months ago........
i at present work with a large group of men and its becomeing a daily occurence of verbal abuse about Muslims in general.........
im trying to lay a deaf ear but dont know for how long i can keep my silince and give them my piece of mind........

What should i do.................assist me plse.

:salam2:

first, i want to say :ma: for embracing islam. have you ever told your coworkers that you are a muslim. if you haven't; maybe you should. most people will stop talking about groups of people if they know that a member of that group is nearby. don't worry about them talking behind your back in regards to you being a muslim. but do demand respect if they harass you about it. also it would be wise to inform your employer about any harassment taking place by any of your coworkers. it is the employer's obligation to offer a non hostile working environment. whatever you do, do not act violently or harsh or let your temper get out of control, because they try to use such reactions as a means to justify the negative things they may say about islam and muslims.

insha'allah ALLAH SWT will make things easy for you.
:wasalam:

leon

Thanks

to all of you who have answered to me i say thank you......

yes they do know im muslim now , what makes it so hard i have no one to speak to where i am..........

im in Iraq at present for the past 3 yrs..........cant visit any mosque etc due to the circumstances and being a westerner.......im sure you know what im saying.........im confined to my compound where i work...

will follow your advice and the guidence of ALLAH..........

mar-salama

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Aslamo alaikom brother

you have us to talk to... you are never alone brother... make as much dikr/remembrance of Allah as you can...

try to be not around them and learn as much about Islam....

May Allah make everything easy for you... hang in there brother... it is just a hurdle... you'll get through it inshaAllah.... Salam

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

I think that your circumstances at the moment are very tough and you have to be very patient and wise. Remember Allah with your tongue and heart as much as you can and read read and read the Coran. EnshaAllah that should be enough to keep you going until you are capable of asisting to a mosque.

Allah knows best.
May Allah fill you heart enshaAllah.

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato.