What should I do about christmas?

sarahlou

Asalam Alaikum, I hope you all are in good health and strong Iman. I am in a little dilemma and need some sound advice. I have recently reverted to Islam and I told my parents last weekend. Needless to say they were very upset and asked me if I would still come to Christmas. I told them that I wont be celebreatiing Christmas any more. They told me that they feel as if I am abandoning them by deciding to not partake in Christmas. They said I could still come over when they are not giving out gifts and just come to eat with them. There will be no alcohol and my sister said she would buy a Halal turkey. I don't know what to do. Please help me.

sanan khan

dont worry. must go there. you are a srtrong muslim. just avoid haram things. this is not a big issue. this is good chance for you to present yourself over there. at least peoples present around there would know about you and your faith and you will become a source of spreading islam. if they ask about your religion at least you can explian in fornt of them.

Further islam has no objection on relationship with non-muslims. Islam also order for respect of parents. i know they are non muslim but they are your parents. yes dont accept their non-islamic views or things.

so dont afraid and dont reject their invitation. i am looking a change, because at least they are buying halal turkey. it means that they admit your presence.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
salam alaikum ukthi
my humble opinion
u should go and accept ur parents invitation to celebrate christmas with them
but basically ur not celebrating christmas anymore
but more of showing respect and love to ur family even if they are non muslims
in surah luqman states that u should respect ur parents regardless of their faith as long as they dont force u to do shirk or something against the islamic teachings that u do not know of
besides, maybe by visiting them and showing the good qualities that islam teaches, they will follow ur footsteps in turning to islam someday
inshaAllah
may Allah gives u and all of us strength in holding firmly to our faith
aminn:SMILY259:

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
sister humbly go there, just for your family..allah will surely help you..just dont take part in it so much...go and be happy with your parents...