Whats behind VALENTINE DAY??

Abu.Amirah

Assalamu aleikum,

Its our duty for every Muslim to guide others and teach them what they dont know about and by this we can help many from the anger of Allah s.w. May Allah protect us from evil and guide us the right path.:tti_sister:
I found this history on the web about VALENTINES DAY :astag: and its shocking to learn how it started. People celebrate this day without even knowing how the Valentine day started or what was it meant for. There are variouse claims about this day and am sure in future they will hide the real truth so that people thinks its just a special day for the lovers!!
Please read the attachment and spread the word to others.:SMILY209:

Jazakallahu kheir!!

PS: We love one another always,everyday,everymorning and everynight and I love you all for the sake of Allah.....EVERYDAY!!! :hearts: :lol:

Attachments

• The History of Valentine.doc
    122.5 KB · Views: 168

ummu thany

sister in islam
:astag: :astag: :astag: May Allah protect us from all the evil things and show us a wright path. ameen :tti_sister:

Abu.Amirah

:salam2:

am keeping this thread alive till 14feb Inshallah!!!

Please lets make an effort to spread the word to as many Muslim Bro's and Sis!

Jazakallahu kheir!!

amna_muslimaa

TRUELY MUSLIMAA
There are so many muslims who celebrate "VALENTINE'S DAY" some of them didnt know what does that means they just celebrate it but some do know but still they celebrate this day and its so shame ......!!!
You are right we should spread this ....and keep this alive till 14 feb ....!!!
:wasalam:

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
Salam aylekum wara. waba.

Thank you for sharing the knowledge of St. Valentine's Day. Christian's don't know the story behind V. D. nor do we Muslims. We must be aware.

Abu.Amirah

Shukran all for your inputs and lets keep this thread alive till we reach the Feb 14 Inshallah!

septithol there are many stories and many HEROES in this world so it will mean everyday is a holiday!! I dont care what Valentine did and I dont say he was a bad person either, what I care is that this has nothing to do with Muslim to make this day part of their celebrations. Muslims have 2occasion only to celebrate in a whole yr and we have to follow the footsteps of our Beloved Prophet s.a.w.
The story of Valentine is different in every page of the internet everyone says what he/she knows or what they were told by their Parents. Our Prophet taught us how to love...his love for his wives was so pure and true and he used to play,eat and bath together and had fun with his wives ,so amazing subhanallah.... so Muslims dont need to be shown how to love coz we ourselves are one love!! :hearts:
If christians celebrate this day then for them was to get married on this day and not just to have dates with Girls and go and have fun by forgeting the laws of Allah s.w....and for sure on this day its a day where so many shops get out of stock with condoms worldwide..:astag:
May Allah guide us all the right way !!!

Jazakallahu kheir!!

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Jazaka Allahu Khairan Brother...

If you dont mind i would like to conclude this issue in a few points trying to simplify the reasons why Muslims should not celebrate Valentines day..

First of all - and please correct me if am wrong.. The celebration of Valentines day was invented by christians in a church. And as you all know our Prophet Peace Be Upon Him said: “Whoever imitates a people is from them.”***

Secondly: Why wait for a whole year?! Islam teaches us how to love and care for each other, so instead of doing it once a year for ur husband/wife, you can do it every three month or at least once a week.

Finally: We've all seen how some businesses have been using people to buy some kind of products made specially for that occasion.. And some people can be easily affected by it and spend alot of money when there are other who cant afford to eat every day.

***narration of ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar was related by Ahmed, Abu Dawod, al-Tabarani in al-Kabir through Abu Munib al-Jarshi but this chain is weak [tadhkira al-Maudu'at vol.1 Pg. 193]. However, al-Hafidh al-’Iraqi noted that it is strengthened by the narration of al-Bazar from Hudhayfa, and Abu Na’im on behalf of Anas bin Malik, declaring it sound in his checking of the hadith of al-Ghazzali’s Ihyah [Takhri Ahadith al-Ihya vol. 2. pg. 343]. Imam al-Sanan’i mentions in Subula al-Salam that this hadith is strengthened by the narration of Abu Y’ala from ‘Abdullah bin Mas’ud [vol. 7 pg. 107.] Imam Ibn Taymiyyah mentioned this hadith staying, “It is a good hadith” [al-Fatawa al-Kubra vol. 3 pg. 315] and Ibn Hajar al-’Asqalani mentioned it Bulugh al-Maram saying that Ibn Hiban authenticated it [Hadith # 1384]. Sheikh al-Bani commented on this hadith stating, “It is a good and sound hadith.” [Sahih wa Da'if Sunan Abi Dawod vol.9 pg. 31]

Abu.Amirah

Shukran to all and lets make sure this message goes into the ants hole as well ....we do our best to stop the munkar!

Jazakallahu kheir!!

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd

Shukran to all and lets make sure this message goes into the ants hole as well ....we do our best to stop the munkar!

Jazakallahu kheir!!

i your right sister and first of all valentines day was not celebrated by our prophets ...and here many people celebrate valentines day but alhamdulillah we have never even known to this day ..may allah give those people hidayath who know nothing about islam (the true religion)

Moataz G

Valantine day is one of the most jokes we have been told and input it in our minds.. and islam is innocent of this such celebrations unfortunately people in this day not only send gifts to each others only.. but also make many moharamat in this day as a 'celebration of love'..may allah lead such people to the right path.

Abu.Amirah

septithol : Well I guess maybe u didnt understand my point, i was not talking of business here of how the shopkeepers make profit but its because this day they mostly sell the condoms coz people wil do alot of adultery.
Septithol am sure you are grown up enough to tell the difference btw giving your loved ones gift on this day and giving them any other days in the yr. I dont have to love sumone once a yr in my life.The love has to be always there. Just imagine u gv sumone a rose on Valentines day...he/she knows in their mind its Valentine so its a normal thing,but give the same gift to that person on any other normal day and see on his/her face the joy they will have because its not a normal thing for sumone to do but u had express ur love to them.
Muslims Holidays r 2 only and this is what has been taught by our beloved Prophet S.A.W but ask urself is VALENTINE one of the holidays in the book of the Christians?
Like I said b4 if we celebrate Heroes of this world then everyday is a holiday!!

May Allah guide us all the right way....Even you my friend :)

Jazakallahu kheir

Abu.Amirah

Assalamu aleikum Brothers and Sisters!!

Just reminding you all to pass the message around InshaAllah!

2 DAYS TO GO!!

Jazakallahu kheir!! :tti_sister:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

i came across this thread as i was going to make one subhanallah May Allah reward you greatly

Well my community are having a valentines party and guess what muslims organised it and are going to it, mixed ofcourse music dancing :astag: the worst thing is that they dont even care the party will be all night right next to our local masjid it sickens me i want to stop this but i dont know what to do its to late i think its in a couple of days dont know what to do any ideas i have to stop this somehow............. like you said we have to stop the munkar inshallah

:tantrum1::angryred:

Abu.Amirah

i came across this thread as i was going to make one subhanallah May Allah reward you greatly

Well my community are having a valentines party and guess what muslims organised it and are going to it, mixed ofcourse music dancing :astag: the worst thing is that they dont even care the party will be all night right next to our local masjid it sickens me i want to stop this but i dont know what to do its to late i think its in a couple of days dont know what to do any ideas i have to stop this somehow............. like you said we have to stop the munkar inshallah

Well its not too let you can stop few not all am sure but atleast u did your best :). Well maybe I can suggest you print the copy of the Valentine story and hand them out to all your community.:astag:
When it comes to Munkar I think in some parts of the worlld Muslims r in big numbers coz they hav no idea of wat they r doing if its right or wrong.So just try your best to educate the community and slowly slowly am sure they will come to understand inshallah....but for you also you need to stop it in ur home first and use Hikma dont force but try to make all understand...!

Jazakallahu kheir

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

Well its not too let you can stop few not all am sure but atleast u did your best :). Well maybe I can suggest you print the copy of the Valentine story and hand them out to all your community.:astag:
When it comes to Munkar I think in some parts of the worlld Muslims r in big numbers coz they hav no idea of wat they r doing if its right or wrong.So just try your best to educate the community and slowly slowly am sure they will come to understand inshallah....but for you also you need to stop it in ur home first and use Hikma dont force but try to make all understand...!

Jazakallahu kheir

Jaza kallahu khair sister i just need to think of a way to reach these people in a approachable way its more personal when its your neighbours and community i just pray Allah brings it to close somehow subhanallah Please do dua for my community and everyone...

If anyone has a facebook account please make a group against thier group or send messages to the organisers i will try now :astag:

Abu.Amirah

Jaza kallahu khair sister
:lol: :laughing-dancing:

Waaleikum salam.... well am a BROTHER :arabi1::D
Inshallah will pray for all but still we dont stop our mission. We spread the word to people to learn for future as well Inshallah,will do our best inshallah and leave the rest to Allah!!

May Allah lead us all the right way and give us strength to spread more of His words! :tti_sister:

Jazakallahu kheir!!

Robab

daughter of Adam
Good effort

:ma:This is a good effort.It is our obligation to tell the story of valentine day to our people in our areas.I think we should guide people and tell them it is only (Zina)in the language of Quran.And i think we make Nikah more easy than zina.Through Nikah we can stop the every ways of zina.For this purpose our muslims brothers should to take step and defend our society.May Allah guide us.:hijabi:

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Challenge People

:salam2: dear brothers and sisters in Islam,

Brother Abu. Amirah, This is a good thing you have done! :ma: Letting people know it is a great sin to celebrate and support Kufars in their holidays and celebrations.

Just thought I would like to also make another suggestion to all of you in preventing people to go to v.day parties and buying candy and basically supporting this holiday. Text Message! Text Message everyone in your phonebook you believe might go or might know someone else who might even buy a candy for v. day celebration! Here is what I texted everyone in my phonebook:

Asalamu Alykum, If you are a good/true Muslim, you WILL NOT to go any v.day parties nor buy anyone you love any candy this day(Feb.14)...don't support or encourage the Kufar's celebrations . DON'T CELEBRATE VALENTINES' DAY. PASS THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS. MAY ALLAH GUIDE YOU. AMIN:)

I tried at least! I should've come up with this earlier this week, but I just got the idea now.

ruki4eva

Muslim Unity...
jazakallah for sharin dis info very beneficial indeed!
:ma: May Allah swt protect us from evil and following the ways that are not for us Ameen May he guide us All 2 da staright path and grant us Al fidous inshallah
take care