whats vazifa ?

4mMadara2Amina

My dear brothers and sisters, I be so happy if I will be able to get to know more about this subject I be explain in this tread (as far I know it by my own).

First of all I need to apologize if someone in the past have made tread like this, but I searched and didn't reach any to get an answer.

My question is about the 'vazifa'. So far - as I heard from my husband, Vazifa is reciting a concrete Surah or Ayah if you try to reach something, but you for long time are not able to reach it. Than you have to recite in exact time (for example after each prayer) or exact times, exact days. After that ALLAH sent his mercy on you of what have you wished.

To be honest, please do not answer rudely or the way someone might think what am asking?! I do not know that is why I am making this tread.

I asked this question to one of my Muslim sisters and she forward it to Sheikh.

But before I say what was the answer of the Sheikh I want explain the situation after which one in my mind has many questions according to this.

My husband, as he mentioned, has a bad luck. He can't get a job since he moved to Sweden. It has been more than 1 and half years. Instead that his friends and people he knows always find something. (He is from Pakistan). He have been lose his hope, but still praying and wish to have job so much. He ask for apologise that he has asked ALLAH why he do this to him. He knows his mistakes, but he have heard and also done in his family the vazifa. Might be it is called also different.

He asked me to help, not exactly, but I know he wish me to help him as far- by asking someone.

My question is- is it Sunnah? Even I got the answer of Sheikh, my husband told me there are 4 different groups of Muslims. Even they all believe in ALLAH (SWT) and His Messengers (may blessings from ALLAH be sent upon them) there are things what are different. I still am new convert and seeking knowledge, but so far as I know my husband belongs to group which includes 80% of all Muslims. I do not count myself to any yet as my knowledge is very low.

So please just tell me what exactly 'vazifa' means and when it is permissible to do it? I be happy hear as many opinions as can. I am not able to agree with something by listening one person, as we know- internet always can be places where the information is made by making follow false. So far I wish be careful of what am saying and may ALLAH forgive me if I am using wrong language of the way of 'speech'.

There you go the answer I have got from Sheikh through my muslim sister:

Assalamu alaikum,

1- As for this question, you are requested to ask Allah for forgiveness as many times as you can and you will find a job, with the grace of Allah as asking Allah for forgiveness brings provisions from Allah:
a. There isn’t anything in the Sunnah as vazifa
b. Repeating this 133 times is an innovation and it is forbidden if a person thinks that it will making have a job or it would answer his prayers.

About those 133 times, I have given an example. I know it may be forbidden me to give such examples that is why I above written in different way without mention the words or ayahs and how many times to count them. We got to learn from our mistakes. May ALLAH forgive me if I have said soemthing wrong.

May you all be in best of health and growing faith. Amen. :hearts:

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2: Sister,

Usually 'Vazifa' is used to means repeating some dua/names/zikr of Allah etc.

In general, we do zikr as much as we can, but if someone gives number of times it has to be repeated then it should be backed from Sunnah.

Also the words should also be exactly same as mentioned in Quran and Sunnah.

If someone comes up a 'vazifa', the words AND number of times it has to recited is not backed up from Quran and Sunnah...then it is a Bidah.

One of the ways to increase the Earnings is to do "astagfaar" i.e. seek forgiveness of Allah. And the proof for it is in the Quran.

'Ask forgiveness from your Lord; Verily, He is Oft-Forgiving;

'He will send rain to you in abundance;

'And give your increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers.'

- Surah Nooh

Also, please refer to this thread "13 Ways to increase your Earnings" <- Click

4mMadara2Amina

As salam alykom ;)

You probably mean Wazeefa, an Arabic word that means "task" or "job." What you describe has no basis from the Quran or the Sunna.

I have no idea its vazifa or wazeefa. I think the word meaning same just the typing different. And it is nice to see - what someone may answer because I DO NOT KNOW.

I am describing things what make me confuse. If I would follow all I hear I won;t become muslim.

Sometimes really I wish I be born as muslim :(

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I have no idea its vazifa or wazeefa. I think the word meaning same just the typing different. And it is nice to see - what someone may answer because I DO NOT KNOW.

I am describing things what make me confuse. If I would follow all I hear I won;t become muslim.

Sometimes really I wish I be born as muslim :(

It's the same word. Desis enunciate the 'w' with a 'v' sound instead but its essentially the same word.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaykum sister,

This is a practice predominantly done in Indian subcontinent. Brother Abubaseer has answered your question and given you a good solution, Alhamdulillah.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi