WHen We Fear Allah Why Do we Fear Allah?

We simply fear Allah because he has created us from clay and molded us to the perfect human being we are today...He created us to worship Him Alone.

He is the most merciful the most gracious.... Allah (swt) is the Only One Who deserves our fear. HE [swt] also deserves our highest degree of love.

I dont know how to put it in words but I fear Allah because I am his slave and HE [swt] IS my Master, KING!!!

muharram23

Staff member
IM TRYING TO LEARN WHY?

salamu alaykum,
let me ask you, do you know who ALlah is? Do you know that on the day of judgment, Allah will take the seven heavens in his right and the earth in his left. Then He subhannahu wa ta'ala will say "limenil mulkul yawm' To whom belongs the kingship on this day. Then, there won;t be anyone to reply, because it will be only Allah alone the Hajj(all living). Then Allah sva will say lilllahil wahidil qahaar" to Allah the One the Dominant. Do you know brother anyone who will be that strong and that huge to be able to do that, and that powerful. Plus Allah s.vs. says in the quran "Ja ayuhalllethine amenu ittekullahe haqqatuqatih walla temutuna illa wa antum muslimun" O you who believe, fear ALlah as He should be feared and die not accept (in state of islam) as muslims. So, Allah s.v.s tells us to fear him. Also Allah say "fattaquallahe masta ta'tum" (tagaabun 10) and fear Allah as much as ur able to. If you fear Allah, more likely to you will stay away from doing the things which Allah forbids. At the same time, knowing how merciful Allah is, you will never loose hope in His forgivness. If you fear something you will stay away from it. However, with ALlah is different. The more we fear Him, the more we go to Him and turn to Him for everything.

Allah knows best
Assalamu alaykum

Umm Rayaan

I heard this on a lecture.

One should have Love for Allah, fearing the punishment of the hellfire and hoping for his reward.

A late scholar called Ibn al-qayyim al-jawziyyah once gave a beautiful example on how worship can be likened to a bird. Fear is one wing, hope the other, and love is what drives the bird. So we should try to combine these three characteristics in order to worship our Lord correctly.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
We fear His punishment and disobeying Him. We fear that we are not doing what we are supposed to do to please Him. Our hearts are not attached to the Quran like it supposed to be. We do so much wrong and Allah forgives us, because He is All- Forgiving. I dont know about everyone else, but I am scared.Scared that my prayers are not accepted. Scared that I dont have that level of Ihsan like I'm supposed to have, I need to weep for my Lord and fear Him, it is the only way we will be at peace and think twice about the wrong that we do. :girl3:

muharram23

Staff member
I heard this on a lecture.

One should have Love for Allah, fearing the punishment of the hellfire and hoping for his reward.

A late scholar called Ibn al-qayyim al-jawziyyah once gave a beautiful example on how worship can be likened to a bird. Fear is one wing, hope the other, and love is what drives the bird. So we should try to combine these three characteristics in order to worship our Lord correctly.

na'am barakallah feek

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
IM TRYING TO LEARN WHY?

when you learn of the majesty of Allah SWT you soon begin to understand why. we weren't created to have fun. we were created to worship to have ibadah in Allah SWT. we are only allowed to have fun. we are to serve him in our best ability.

consider these ayahs in surah alaq

1.read ( proclaim ) in the name of your Lord who creates.
2. created man from a clot ( or in some translations, a leech like clot )
3.read (proclaim) and thy Lord is most bountiful.
4.He who taught the use of the pen.
5.taught man that which he knew not.
6.nay, but man does transgress all bounds.
7.in that he looks upon himself as self-sufficient
8.verily to thy Lord is the return of all.

verse one stresses that we proclaim Allah SWT. how do we do that? reading quran, making salah, performing, zikr etc. that very ayah is a commandment. not only for Muhammad pbuh but for all of us.

verse two. reiterates that ALLAH SWT created us, out of the most simple origins. so we should be humble before our Lord.

verse three, shows that Allah SWT is the provider. of what? our bodies, our homes, our family, our wealth etc. so we should be grateful to him, despite the difficulties that we may face.

verse four, shows that without Allah SWT's will, we wouldn't have minds and capabilites, gifts and talents. therefore, we have to praise Him for these gifts.

verse five, his mercy is shown to us. namely, the past scriptures the taurat, zaboor, injeel and most importantly the quran. without these revelations, do you really think we would have a chance at jannah?

verse six, shows that despite all of the things that Allah SWT has done for us and continues to do, we disrespect him by our sins.

verse seven, we think that now that we are here,gained knowledge, have wealth etc. that we believe that we no longer need Allah SWT. do we think that He can't take these things away from us?

verse eight, stresses that we will all have to stand before Him when we die. so it stresses that we should be ready for death.

these are some of the reasons why i fear Allah SWT. because i have to answer to Him when i die. since we were created to worship Him, that's our job. if you were hired by someone, and they said i want you to build a brick wall, and all you did was grab a hammer and smash the bricks; do you you expect to be paid? Allah SWT is expecting us to build a brick wall, those bricks are made with salah, fasting, zakat, hajj, shahadah, good deeds, reading and implementing quran in our hearts; so when payday comes our employer Allah SWT is pleased with us, but if he isn't pleased with our work, we'll be fired. with that being said, wouldn't you worry if your work wasn't up to par?

:wasalam:

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
You need to learn who God is, His attributes and qualities...
Once you get around those, inshallah, it'll become more claerer as to why why fear His punishement...

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

I fear Allah because any moment he can stop my heart from beating and take me to be judged and I will have to stand there and tell of my past sins :/

Nothing more scary then just walking down the street on a beautiful day and have shortness of breath..your heart starts malfunctioning..next thing you know you are on the ground and the light from the sun starts to dwindle and blackness overcomes you .

I have had only two occasions like that but it is really the scariest thing ever.Alhamdullilah its been a while since that has happened, but I hope you get my drift.

:wasalam: