Who is the ''Spirit of Truth'' in the Bible (John 16:12-14)

BrotherMatthew

Land of the free
:salam2:

Al salaamu alaikom.

In a lot of lectures by people like Dr. Zakir Naik and Ahmed Deedat, they always seem to quote the Gospel of John 16:12-14, which reads:

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you." (KJV)

They say this is refering to Muhammad, but in an earlier verse it reads

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost..." John 14:26 (KJV)

Is this a mis-translation or are Zakir and Ahmed wrong?

Jazaaka Allaah hu khair

MalikBrother

That is indeed referring to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), as Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) did glory Prophet Isa (PBUH) as one of the most important messenger of Allaah (SWT), and the Messiah. I will update more details to educate this thread. Thank you for this beautiful and very informative thread. May Allaah (SWT) bless you and your family with full of happiness forever, Ameen!

bari

:salam2:please do update us,although I believe whatever Quran mentioned that is absolute truth. Prophet[SWS] was mentioned in Taurat and Injeel.

tariq353

:salam2:

Brother Matthew it is the delibrate mistranslation by the Bibilical scholars

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost..." John 14:26 (KJV)

do u knw why so much emphasis is given to Holy Spirit..... cz even bibilical scholar knw that this verse is Talking abt another Prophet... on his arrival all earlier teachings OT/NT shall be superceded by his teachings (Revealed to him by God)........As he said "i have yet many things to say unto u which u cant bear them now...he shall guide u to the truth"

Did Jesus(pbuh) spoke english.. no this english version is a translation of a translation..... Indeed this is a delibrate mistranslation by the translators.

The Greek word paraclete is translated as “Comforter” in the King James Version, and as “Advocate” and “Helper” in other translations. Parakletos means one who pleads the cause of another, one who counsels or advises another from deep concern for the other’s welfare.
(Beacon Bible Commentary, vol. 7, p. 168).

WHY THIS CANT BE SPIRIT OF TRUTH

On reading in context....

“Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.”
John 16:7

1-"One of the condition of coming of comfortor is that he will come only when Prophet Jejus(pbuh) is gone".....

The term “Counselor” could not be referring to the Holy Spirit here, because—according to the Gospels—the Holy Spirit was already present in the world prior to Jesus’ birth,[Luke1:15] as well as during his ministry.[Luke 1:67] This verse implies that the “Counselor” had not already come.

2- "I have yet many things to say unto u"... many means more than one ..if it is Holy spirit..... tell us jst evn a single new thing...which spirit has taught in 2000 years.

3- "He shall glorify me"....... 1.5 billion muslim needs no proof n blv hm as a righteous prophet not only this take his name with respect n glorify him with (Peace Be upon him)... Muhammad :saw: Cleared Jesus(pbuh) of All False Charges
The Jews heaped curses upon him and alleged that he had died on the cross, which they regarded according to the Scriptures as an accursed death. Did the Christians, inspired by the Holy Ghost, clear him of this? No! On the contrary, they assisted the Jews in their blasphemous propaganda, by admitting his death on the cross. Furthermore, they imputed to him the most abominable offense, namely, that he called himself the son of God in the literal sense.

4- "He shall not speak of himself , what he hear he shall speak"...This verse is clearly talking about another revelation..and we knw prophet Mohammed :saw: used to get wahi from Allah...not only this the excat event of revelation of First verse of Quran is also mentioned in bible..
Isiah{29:12} And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.

we know Prophet :saw: was not learned... whn he received first verse "Read/Proclaim in the name of ur Lord"... he said i can't..i m not learned.

6-This isnt the only Prophesy it is jst one of the Prophesy.. in Song of Solomon 5:16, Even the name of Prophet Mohammed :saw: is mentioned.. yes once agains mistranslated in english as "He is altogether lovely" no one has the right to translate name of anyone....
(I m attaching this verse in hebrew mp3 u can clearly listen to the word Muhammadim.... at 2 min 43 sec)

John
Teaching of Prophet Jesus (pbuh) is nothing more than islam not only this he even said in bible that i m a muslim
{5:30} I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. (Muslim=a person who submits his will to one true God..metaphorically father in bible)

:SMILY259:Wa Salam:SMILY259:

Attachments

• 31-Song_05.16.mp3
    449.5 KB · Views: 43
  • What_The_Bible_Says_About_Muhammad_pbuh.pdf
    355.2 KB · Views: 33
  • muhammed_the_natural_successor_to_christ.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 29

DanyalSAC

There is one other, in the book of John 1:19 through 24:

19 Now this was John’s testimony when the Jewish leaders in Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was.
20 He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely, “I am not the Messiah.”
21 They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.” “Are you the Prophet?” He answered, “No.”
22 Finally they said, “Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?”
23 John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’"
24 Now the Pharisees who had been sent
25 questioned him, “Why then do you baptize if you are not the Messiah, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?

The Jews were expecting three Messengers to come after Moses. We all know who the Messiah is. And Jesus himself verified that John was Elijah. So that leaves "The Prophet".

And also I just have to point out that using just that one verse of Isaiah is misleading, and I personally disapprove of it being used to predict the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salaam. If you look at the verse before it as well, thus:

11 For you this whole vision is nothing but words sealed in a scroll. And if you give the scroll to someone who can read, and say, “Read this, please,” they will answer, “I can’t; it is sealed.” 12 Or if you give the scroll to someone who cannot read, and say, “Read this, please,” they will answer, “I don’t know how to read.”

you will see that it's an either/or situation, not a prediction. And ALLAHU ALIM.