Why are the majority of Hell's inhabitants women?

Status
Not open for further replies.

believer`s tear

prophet Mohammad peace be upon him said that he saw most women in hell because they curse alot and ungratefull to their husbands .so , they must give alot of charity to poor to seek Allah 's forgiveness.

May Allah guide us to the right path.
:tti_sister:

Yousef83

Yes brother many women don't notice how important behavior to their husbands.Imagine that,the first woman who will join Jennah is not any wife of Prophet(sav),no any of daughters of him(sav),no His(sav) mother.
A woman who is very respectful,obedient to her husband,even don't speak if her husband didn't permit.Never went out without asking and many other important points on that woman.
These are not easy behaviours.

hana*

the title of your thread should be re-phrased to the majority of inhabitants of Hell. this is not to say that all women are bad and doomed for Hell, there were many great women and there are still today.

take for example the wife of Pharoah, whom God built a house for her in Paradise. what about Khadija, the wife of the Prophet (peace be upon him), who is the leader of women in Paradise, along with Fatima (radiyallahu anha).

whilst a woman should respect and listen to her husband, the man has to be caring and treat her kindly-it works both ways.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
The hadith didnt say most women , it say a lot of the inhabitants are women.

Also as you would have know , near the end of times there are more women than man.....

Imagine if you have 1 million women and 200,000 men near end of times. Say 100,000 women go to hell and 10, 000 men go to hell. You still have more women going to heaven even though there are also more women than men going to hell...

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:mad::mad:That's soo true subhanallah--May Allah guide all the wrongdoers!!

and oh yeah, here's the hadith:

------- Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas: The Prophet said: “I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful.” It was asked, “Do they disbelieve in Allah?” (or are they ungrateful to Allah?) He replied, “They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them. If you have always been good (benevolent) to one of them and then she sees something in you (not of her liking), she will say, ‘I have never received any good from you.” (Sahih Bukhari, Book 2, Number 28) ------

wassalam

Yousef83

thanks for the short brief sister/brother Jannatul Firdaws because before you specify I knew all men go to Jennah !!!
We shouldnt remove this topic.Nothing misconceptions here.We speak about how important wife's behaviours to husband.We don't say all the women go to hell without reason.But As beloved Prophet (sav) suggested us many times.In a dialog He(sav) said to a woman be careful behaviours to your husband because he may cause your heaven and hell.
Other one well known hadith about topic.
Prophet Muhammed (sav) said "I shadeda there is nothing to worship except Allah.c.c,Allah single and unique and Muhammad(sav) is servant and Prophet of Allah c.c.If I would suggest you to obey other human,that was wifes worship to their husbands"

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
thanks for the short brief sister/brother Jannatul Firdaws because before you specify I knew all men go to Jennah !!!
We shouldnt remove this topic.Nothing misconceptions here.We speak about how important wife's behaviours to husband.We don't say all the women go to hell without reason.But As beloved Prophet (sav) suggested us many times.In a dialog He(sav) said to a woman be careful behaviours to your husband because he may cause your heaven and hell.
Other one well known hadith about topic.
Prophet Muhammed (sav) said "I shadeda there is nothing to worship except Allah.c.c,Allah single and unique and Muhammad(sav) is servant and Prophet of Allah c.c.If I would suggest you to obey other human,that was wifes worship to their husbands"

Assalamu allaykum dear brother Yusuf.

Dear brother, Alhamdulillah you said the truth, but you also should have mention that behaviour of husbands towerd thier wifes is also very imporante in Islaam, as our beloved Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s. said: " The best of you are those who are best towerd thier wifes,and among you I am the best towerd my wifes".

May Allah bless you

:wasalam:

Ibnrasheed

The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) DID NOT say that most women will go to Hell, RATHER, he (SAWS) said that the majority of the inhabitants of the hellfire will be women.

Yousef83

Aleikom Salaam sister,
"" The best of you are those who are best towerd thier wifes,and among you I am the best towerd my wifes".
This Hadith now on my kitchen wall :) I see this one when I'm in the kitchen,one of the important hadiths for me.I don't say opposite.I meant Prophet(sav) didnt say worship to your wives.That is important detail for women.This is a brotherly warn.
Otherwise I'm sure your personal situation better than me,in Islam.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Aleikom Salaam sister,
"" The best of you are those who are best towerd thier wifes,and among you I am the best towerd my wifes".
This Hadith now on my kitchen wall :) I see this one when I'm in the kitchen,one of the important hadiths for me.I don't say opposite.I meant Prophet(sav) didnt say worship to your wives.That is important detail for women.This is a brotherly warn.
Otherwise I'm sure your personal situation better than me,in Islam.

wa allaykum saalam dear brother

I agree with you, our Prophet s.a.w.s did not said worship to your wifes, neither he said worship to your husband and it is for the both sides equaly Alhamdulillah.

May Allah reword you for your piety dear brother and make you good Servent of Him. ameen.:tti_sister:. And we all Muslims are trying the same to be on right path, InsAllah.

jazzak Allah khair

:wasalam:

kayleigh

I've always found this curious... many people put the emphasis on how women should treat their husbands, but these days its not the women who have a problem in treating their spouses well, many men tend to treat their wives terribly. Some people forget that this also applies to men and there are plenty of hadiths that illustrate this point.

q8penpals

The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) DID NOT say that most women will go to Hell, RATHER, he (SAWS) said that the majority of the inhabitants of the hellfire will be women.

Salam

Specifically, he said, "“I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful.” - not just women in general.

nizar83

prophet Mohammad peace be upon him said that he saw most women in hell because they curse alot and ungratefull to their husbands .so , they must give alot of charity to poor to seek Allah 's forgiveness.

May Allah guide us to the right path.
:tti_sister:

aselemu aleikum sister

our beloved prophet mohammed salalahu wa3alayhi weselem didnt say most women will be in hell... he said most of the people in hell will be women..thats an entire different statement sister

may allah ta3ala protect us all from hellfire, men and women

aselemu aleikum

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

The problem and the cure have been outlined in the hadeeth cited above so I don't think we need anything more to be said. What else is there to discuss after the speech of the Prophet, sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam? I will change the title as I agree it is misleading.

Since nothing more needs to be said... Closed.

Was-salaam

Status
Not open for further replies.