Why do Shi'a hate Yazzed?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Sister,

We need a history lesson here. The age of turmoil. The martyrdom of the grandson of the Prophet, swas.

elqouds2020

السلام عليكم حذار من الشيعة والحذر منهم انا لهم مشروع رهيب اخطر من اليهود و النصارى......:tti_sister:Hello Beware of the Shiites and beware of them I have a project terribly dangerous than Jews and Christians

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
It is believed that Yazid was the caliph responsible for the brutal murder of Hussein radiAllahu anhu, the grandson of the Prophet :saw: .

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
I see a lot of posts by Shi'a where they attack Yazzed and other Caliphs, why is this?

Imaam Hussain r.a. was martyred during Yazid's rule. The shia sent hundreds of letters to Imaam Hussain calling him to come to Iraq and they will give him their bayah and fight Yazid's rule and put him in charge. Finally when imaam Hussain did go with his family and few companions, they were betrayed by the shia. Yazid wanted Imaam hussain and his people brought before him but he had appointed some evil people in power who wanted nothing more than death for Imaam hussain and his people. Those people and the shia ganged up against Imaam Hussain and first starved them and then slaughtered them, except a few, in cold blood. Seeing the head of Husain (r.a), Yazid burst into tears and abused Obaidullah bin Zeyad saying he had never ordered Summayya’s son to kill Husain bin Ali (r.a). Shimr and his associates were expecting some kind of reward and honor from Yazid but only expressed his displeasure and ordered them to leave. After releasing the captives he made them honored guests at his palace until they returned to Madinah.

Hearing the martyrdom of Husain (r.a), Abdullah bin Zubair (r.a) gathered all the people and made a speech:

“O people! No other people are worse than Iraqis and among the Iraqis, the people of Kufa are the worst. They repeatedly wrote letters and called Imam Husain (r.a) to them and took bay’at for his caliphate. But when Ibn Zeyad arrived in Kufa, they rallied around him and killed Imam Husain (r.a) who was pious, observed the fast, read the Quran and deserved the caliphate in all respects.”

Shia betrayed and lead to the death of Ali (r.a.), the 4th caliph, the cousin and son in law of Prophet Muhammad, Hasan (r.a.), son of Ali, Hussain (r.a.), son of Ali, and Zayd ibn Ali ibn Hussain (r.a.), grandson of Hussain. After the massacre at Karbala, the shia tried to make “amends” for their betrayal and went out to the massacre area and started lamenting, mourning out loud and beating themselves. The shia blame Yazid for martydom of Hussain r.a. and attack him when no one had bigger hand in that blood shed then the shia themselves.

The whole Karbala incident is recorded in BOOK 2: The History of Islam (vol. 1-3) - by Akbar Shah Najeebabadi

You can buy the whole 3 volume set from the link below. It's worth having in one's collection and reading to be aware of Islamic History.

http://store.dar-us-salam.com/product/110.html

Because of the killing of al-Husayn (may Allaah be pleased with him), shaytaan caused the people to introduce two innovations: the innovation of mourning and wailing on the day of ‘Ashoora’, by slapping the cheeks, weeping, and reciting eulogies. … and the innovation of rejoicing and celebrating. … So some introduced mourning and others introduced celebration, so they regarded the day of ‘Ashoora’ as a day for wearing kohl, doing ghusl, spending on the family and making special foods. … And every innovation is a going astray. None of the four imams of the Muslims or any other (scholars) regarded either of these things as mustahabb. End quote from Minhaaj al-Sunnah (4/554).

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/101268

Because of all this, there also emerged groups who hate yazid, those who love him and those who do neither. You can read more about here inshallah:

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/14007/yazeed

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ ) In the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate *1

(16:120) The fact is that Abraham was a community in himself : he was obedient to Allah and had turned to Him exclusively. He was never a mushrik. (16:121) He was always grateful for Allah's favours. Accordingly Allah chose him and showed him the Right Way. (16:122) Allah blessed him with goodness in this world and most surely he will be among the righteous in the Hereafter. (16:123) Then We sent down this Revelation to you: "Follow the way of Abraham exclusively" and he was not one of the mushriks.

(16:125) O Prophet invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and excellent admonition and discuss things with people in the best manner. Your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Way and He knows best who is rightly guided. (16:126) And if you retaliate, let your retaliation be to the extent that you were wronged, but if you endure it with patience, it is indeed best for those who endure with patience. (16:127) (O Muhammad), go on performing your mission with fortitude-and you can practise fortitude only with the help of Allah-do not be grieved at their doings and do not distress yourself at their intrigues, (16:128) for Allah is with those people who fear Him and adopt the righteous attitude.
Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Shia needed a scapegoat and they got Yazid unfortunately. He was the most suitable to be the scapegoat because Yazid's character and credibility as a bad leader is well know among the people. So, those people believe. However, did he really did it? Tell me which Sahaba or Tabiin will ever dare to kill the Prophet's grandson?

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
The ulemas are silent about the character of yazid and hence we must also not say anything about him.

Agreed. Let me explain. The quotation is not to defame Yazid (RA) in fact my statement here to defend Yazid (RA) from slanderous accusation that he murdered Saidina Hussein (RA). His apparent character was the weak point manipulated by Shia to put the blame on Yazid (RA) as apparent killer of Hussein (RA). That was my intention. Some of the good readings will from Tarikh e-Tabari but you must balance it because At-Tabari reported both side of the stories.

Allah knows best.

---------------

Praise be to Allaah.

His name was Yazeed ibn Mu’aawiyah ibn Abi Sufyaan ibn Harb ibn Umayaah al-Umawi al-Dimashqi.

Al-Dhahabi said: he was the commander of that army during the campaign against Constantinople, among which were people such as Abu Ayyoob al-Ansaari. Yazeed was appointed by his father as his heir, so he took power after his father died in Rajab 60 AH at the age of thirty-three, but his reign lasted for less than four years.

Yazeed is one of those whom we neither curse nor love. There are others like him among the khaleefahs of the two states (Umawi/Umayyad and ‘Abbaasi/Abbasid) and the governors of various regions, indeed there were some among them who were worse than him. But the issue in the case of Yazeed is that he was came to power forty-nine years after the death of the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him); it was still close to the time of the Prophet and some of the Sahaabah were still alive such as Ibn ‘Umar who was more entitled to the position than him or his father or his grandfather.

His reign began with the killing of the martyr al-Husayn and it ended with the battle of al-Harrah, so the people hated him and he was not blessed with a long life. There were many revolts against him after al-Husayn, such as the people of Madeenah who revolted for the sake of Allaah, and Ibn al-Zubayr.

(Siyar A’laam al-Nubalaa’, part 4, p. 38)

Shaykh al-Islam described people’s attitudes towards Yazeed ibn Mu’aawiyah, and said:

The people differed concerning Yazeed ibn Mu’aawiyah ibn Abi Sufyaan, splitting into three groups, two extreme and one moderate.

One of the two extremes said that he was a kaafir and a munaafiq, that he strove to kill the grandson of the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to spite the Messenger of Allaah and to take revenge on him, and to avenge his grandfather ‘Utbah, his grandfather’s brother Shaybah and his maternal uncle al-Waleed ibn ‘Utbah and others who were killed by the companions of the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), by ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib and others on the day of Badr and in other battles – and things of that nature. To have such a view is easy for the Raafidis who regard Abu Bakr, ‘Umar and ‘Uthmaan as kaafirs, so it is much easier for them to regard Yazeed as a kaafir.

The second extreme group think that he was a righteous man and a just leader, that he was one of the Sahaabah who were born during the time of the Prophet and were carried and blessed by him. Some of them give him a higher status than Abu Bakr and ‘Umar, and some of them regard him as a prophet. Both views are obviously false to one who has the least common sense and who has any knowledge of the lives and times of the earliest Muslims. This view is not attributable to any of the scholars who are known for following the Sunnah or to any intelligent person who has reason and experience.

The third view is that he was one of the kings of the Muslims, who did good deeds and bad deeds. He was not born until the caliphate of ‘Uthmaan. He was not a kaafir but it was because of him that the killing of al-Husayn happened, and he did what he did to the people of al-Harrah. He was not a Sahaabi, nor was he one of the righteous friends of Allaah. This is the view of most of the people of reason and knowledge and of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah.

Then they divided into three groups, one which cursed him, one which loved him and one which neither cursed him nor loved him. This is what was reported from Imaam Ahmad, and this is the view of the fair-minded among his companions and others among the Muslims. Saalih ibn Ahmad said: I said to my father, some people say that they love Yazeed. He said, O my son, does anyone love Yazeed who believes in Allaah and the Last Day? I said, O my father, why do you not curse him? He said, O my son, when did you ever see your father curse anybody?

Abu Muhammad al-Maqdisi said, when he was asked about Yazeed: according to what I have heard he is neither to be cursed nor to be loved. He said, I also heard that our grandfather Abu ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Taymiyah was asked about Yazeed and he said: we do not deny his good qualities or exaggerate about them. This is the fairest opinion.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam, part 4, p. 481-484

Islam Q&A

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

a_stranger

Assalamu alaikim wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuh

I think some evil people used the killing of hussain radia Allah anhu to distort the clear pure sincere message of Islam and invent this new deviated sect Shia otherwise all muslems those who stood with Ali radia Allah anhu and those who supported Muaawiya radia Allah anhu were practicing Islam as prophet Muhammad salla Allah alaihi wa sallam . This is a work of shaitan to make people turn from the true Islam.

It is not the duty of muslem to judge people even if he think that Ali radia Allah anhu was on the right path ......we should care about our ownselves and leave the judgement for Allah subhanahu wa taaala.

Some ignorant people are following blindly and doing things that are %100 unislamic .

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
Assalamu alaikim wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuh

I think some evil people used the killing of hussain radia Allah anhu to distort the clear pure sincere message of Islam and invent this new deviated sect Shia otherwise all muslems those who stood with Ali radia Allah anhu and those who supported Muaawiya radia Allah anhu were practicing Islam as prophet Muhammad salla Allah alaihi wa sallam . This is a work of shaitan to make people turn from the true Islam.

It is not the duty of muslem to judge people even if he think that Ali radia Allah anhu was on the right path ......we should care about our ownselves and leave the judgement for Allah subhanahu wa taaala.

Some ignorant people are following blindly and doing things that are %100 unislamic .

Waalaikum assalaam wa rahmatullaah wa Barakaatuh

Actually that is not true. Shia sect existed before Ali r.a. was even the Caliph. The shia murdered the third caliph and forced Ali r.a. to take the seat threatening otherwise to murder more people in madinah. They had occupied madinah for i think 3 whole days. they were also behind the death of Ali r.a. and his two sons. Muawwiyra r.a. had some bad people on his side as well who were trying to make things worst. As bad as the shias were at that time, the worst was the Jew among them who did lot of manipulations and instigation that led to all of this blood shed.

I strongly recommend the book i listed in my previous post for everyone to read so as to be better familiar with the history.

a_stranger

Waalaikum assalaam wa rahmatullaah wa Barakaatuh

Actually that is not true. Shia sect existed before Ali r.a. was even the Caliph. The shia murdered the third caliph and forced Ali r.a. to take the seat threatening otherwise to murder more people in madinah. They had occupied madinah for i think 3 whole days. they were also behind the death of Ali r.a. and his two sons. Muawwiyra r.a. had some bad people on his side as well who were trying to make things worst. As bad as the shias were at that time, the worst
was the Jew among them who did lot of manipulations and instigation that led to all of this blood shed.
I strongly recommend the book i listed in my previous post for everyone to read so as to be better familiar with the
history.

Wa alaikim alsalam wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatu

You are right sister , some people who hated Islam tried hard to make fitna among people , spread rummers about othman radia Allah anhu ,and caused his killing . Othman radia Allah anhu refused to shed blood for his safety otherwise all the sahaba was planning to defend him radia Allah anhu. InshaAllah I shall read that book.
Jazaki Allah kairan.