Why pig is haraam/forbidden in Islam?

JenGiove

Why's that dearest? Could it be because it makes an assumption as to what an animal feels? Shall we talk about homosexuality in sheep? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_sexual_behaviour#Promiscuity

I would like to make a formal apology to everyone here and especially to Dr. Zakir Naik, who, granted, will never know but I know and that's what matters.

While I completely disagree with his thinking based on the fact that we, as humans, have no way of knowing IF moral standards exist in the animal kingdom.....

it was not cause for me to have a mocking tongue, to his opinion. He has the right to think as he chooses but since he IS in such a position of authority, his opinion holds sway over others and simple fact should caution him to use care with his statement of "facts".

Sister Kayleigh, I'm sorry for agreeing with you in such a mocking way. It could have been handled differently. I understand your thinking though and completely agree with you....but WE handled ourselves with less-than admirable comportment. Maybe we can help each other to be better..?

Brother BrotherInIslam7, I'm sorry to you as well. I had not read your responses till I was working on this but your points about the treatment of schoolers is correct as well. Yes, as the old saying goes "you are what you eat" but that saying is on the nutritional values, and is not to be taken seriously as ingesting the moral values of the thing ingested. If that were the case, then it would be haram to eat such foods as mints and carrots and potatoes and other invasive dominate vegetables and spices. You once told me that it doesn't matter how we feel about a person, that as brothers and sisters it is the duty of every Muslim to treat then with respect on that basis alone. That's not to say we have to agree, but the respect factor has to always remain in place.

...and that's where Sister Kayleigh and I erred.

Please accept my apologies.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu. . .

what's the point agruing!!it's obvious pig is forbidden,and that means in COOKEd form.

nobody eats animals raw lol.Quran meant it "pig".FULLSTOP.raw and cooked doesn't matter so why

even discuss all that!!it's forbidden.PERIOD.because it's more harmful in raw form or cooked or burnt

isn't even a Question.

abdul-aziz

:salam2:

let us see what a Christian says about pork and Christianity:

[yt]H3XS9JftEns[/yt]

It was prescribed for the people of the book not to eat pork. but then later forgotten or not followed. Allah, swt, reinstated His position on humans eating pork in Islam.

:wasalam:

dna1987

Muslim Guy
So you mean to tell me that classical and contemporary scholars have proof that eating pork causes promiscuity?

Perhaps if you grabbed a book and read it for yourself, you would know.

Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it silly.

Wait...what? Drinking alcohol might make someone more promiscuous, or do things they normally would not. Eating pork? Er, what book has this information?

Assalam alaikum.

abdul-aziz

Wait...what? Drinking alcohol might make someone more promiscuous, or do things they normally would not. Eating pork? Er, what book has this information?

Assalam alaikum.

it originated from a post number 4. where Abu Talib posted and stated by Dr. Zakir Naik without a link to source.

wa Allah ya'lam

dna1987

Muslim Guy

it originated from a post number 4. where Abu Talib posted and stated by Dr. Zakir Naik without a link to source.

wa Allah ya'lam

Yes, but I'm asking about the "book". Dr Zakir Naik posted a point. BrotherinIslam7 is saying that the information is backed up in a book or books.

I liked ximkoyra and Korai_28's points. Assalam alaikum.

kayleigh

Perhaps if you grabbed a book and read it for yourself, you would know.

I read plenty of books, thanks ;) and apparently I read enough to know that eating pork won't make you a swinger.

Assalam alaikum.

Exactly. I would really like to know what book supposedly has this information in it.

Like Jen said, "you are what you eat" doesn't mean you'll start acting like the food you've eaten.

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
Jazaaka Allaahu Khayran. I was waiting for somebody to write that!

First, you ascertain that it is God who said it. Then you obey Him, not because you have to, but because you trust that what He commands you is most beneficial to you and what He forbids you is most hurtful to you.

I second your comment as well brother barakallahufik