WITR TAKBIR

Vedo

Musliman
Assalamu Alaykum brothers and sisters,

Can someone tell me do we need to say takbir before qunoot, and if we need to do it, do we need to raise our hands ?

Vedo

Musliman

Can someone tell me do we need to say takbir before qunoot, and if we need to do it, do we need to raise our hands ?

Like in openning takbir, and before, and after ruku.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Walaykumsalaam brother Vedo,

Please watch the following video :-

[yt]V6YO2lXsZIU[/yt]

Some of the Hanafees do the 'takbir' before Qunoot. However as you listened to the Sheykh, this way of performing 'witr' is incorrect. Therefore, we shouldn't put this to practice.

If you have more questions to ask about witr (or if my reply isn't clear), please do not hesitate to ask. BarakAllahu Feek.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Vedo

Musliman
Thanks brother for answering, I was thinking like this, but I was not sure.

So, when we pray witr after surah we dont say takbir, we just go to saying qunoot.

And one more thing,
what about surah fatiha in fajr, magrhib, and isha, do we recite it after imam (on first 2 loud rakats) with Bismilah and Amin or without it.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Thanks brother for answering, I was thinking like this, but I was not sure.

So, when we pray witr after surah we dont say takbir, we just go to saying qunoot.

And one more thing,
what about surah fatiha in fajr, magrhib, and isha, do we recite it after imam (on first 2 loud rakats) with Bismilah and Amin or without it.

:salam2:

Sorry for the late response. Yes, you do as far as I know.