yet another marriage thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

summertime

sister :)
Ok since marriage threads are becoming the trend i thought why not start one of my own :lol:

Well here goes..i have a few questions....i think of the brothers and sisters who originally belong to the indian subcontinent (i.e India, Pakistan and bangladesh) will understand what im rambling on about...

1) Why do all the families insist on having huge expensive weddings when most of them cannot afford it.
2) why do we have to have silly add-on ceremonies such as mehndi's which have no basis in islam??
3)why do families insist on the bride and groom sitting on a stage all dressed up so that the rest of the guests (both men and women) can sit and gawk at them...

Ive been told to stop being picky and get on with it..but i'd rather be single forever than give into any of this :SMILY286:

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Ok since marriage threads are becoming the trend i thought why not start one of my own :lol:

Well here goes..i have a few questions....i think of the brothers and sisters who originally belong to the indian subcontinent (i.e India, Pakistan and bangladesh) will understand what im rambling on about...

1) Why do all the families insist on having huge expensive weddings when most of them cannot afford it.
2) why do we have to have silly add-on ceremonies such as mehndi's which have no basis in islam??
3)why do families insist on the bride and groom sitting on a stage all dressed up so that the rest of the guests (both men and women) can sit and gawk at them...

Ive been told to stop being picky and get on with it..but i'd rather be single forever than give into any of this :SMILY286:
:salam2:

this thread kinda brings up some of my fears that i have about marriage. i'm not scared of the married life, but it's these traditional things that make me very nervous. i have never been a huge fan of big weddings. mostly because i feel that the money could be much better spent. invested for hajj, retirement, child's education etc. to spend close to $30,000 for a few hours is insane. especially when we live in a society that people are in debt up to their eyeballs. many of us have loans, mortgages, car payments etc. that still need to be paid off. most of which would not be paid off in time for a wedding that was only planned 3 months ago.

i'm finding it that muslim men are getting married later and later due to these hardships and the bride's family doesn't take that into consideration. after all, in their minds it's " their " wedding.

another thing is the unislamic part. like little ceremonies that have nothing to do with islam. i want a halal wedding. people think as long as there is no pork or liquor, the wedding is halal. but what about the gender mixing, dancing, and music? i hate to say it, but many muslims forget that these things are haram when it comes time for a wedding. you want your wedding to start off with barakah. if you start it off in the haram way how can one receive blessing?

lastly, i don't have any comment on the whole stage thing but i wanted to share my thoughts.
:wasalam:

Status
Not open for further replies.