.....ZzZzZzZzZZZ.......

runayrus

Yearning Slave
:salam2:

Feeling sleepy?

In the Sunnah it is recommended for the Muslim to recite certain verses when he goes to bed.

Among the soorahs and verses which we are recommended to recite are the following:

1 – Aayat al-Kursiy (al-Baqarah 2:255)

It says in a mu’allaq report narrated in Saheeh al-Bukhaari (2311) that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) appointed me to guard the zakaah of Ramadaan, then someone came and started rummaging in the foodstuff … and at the end of the hadeeth he said: “When you go to your bed, recite Aayat al-Kursiy, for there will remain with you a guardian from Allaah, and no devil will approach you, until morning comes.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “He told you the truth although he is a liar. That was a devil.”

2 – The last two verses of Soorat al-Baqarah

It was narrated from Abu Mas’ood al-Ansaari (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever recites the last two verses of Soorat al-Baqarah at night, they will suffice him.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5009) and Muslim (2714). Ibn al-Qayyim said in al-Waabil al-Sayyib (132): They will suffice him against any evil that may harm him.

It was narrated that ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

“I did not think that any sane person could sleep without reciting the last three verses of Soorat al-Baqarah.”

In al-Adhkaar (220), al-Nawawi attributed it to the report of Abu Bakr ibn Abi Dawood, then he said: It is saheeh according to the conditions of al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

3, 4 – Soorat al-Isra’ and Soorat al-Zumar

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would not go to sleep until he had recited Bani Israa’eel (Soorat al-Isra’) and al-Zumar.

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (3402) who said: it is a hasan hadeeth. It was also classed as hasan by al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar in Nataa’ij al-Afkaar (3/65), and it was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

5 – Soorat al-Kaafiroon

It was narrated that Nawfal al-Ashja’i (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me: “Recite Qul yaa ayyuha’l-kaafiroon then go to sleep at the end of it, for it is a disavowal of shirk.”

Narrated by Abu Dawood (5055) and al-Tirmidhi (3400); classed as hasan by Ibn Hajar in Nataa’ij al-Afkaar (3/6); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

6, 7, 8 – al-Ikhlaas and al-Mi’wadhatayn [i.e., the last three soorahs of the Qur’aan]

It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went to bed every night, he would hold his hands together and blow into them, and recite into them Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad, Qul a’oodhu bi rabb il-falaq and Qul a’oodhu bi rabb il-naas. Then he would wipe them over whatever he could of his body, starting with his head and face and the front of his body, and he would do that three times. Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5017).

It was narrated that Ibraaheem al-Nakha’i said:

They regarded it as mustahabb to recite these soorahs every night three times: Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad and al-Mi’wadhatayn. Al-Nawawi said in al-Adhkaar (221): its isnaad is saheeh according to the conditions of Muslim.

-----------------------------

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Adhkaar (221):

It is better for a person to do all that has been narrated of this matter, but if he cannot do that he should do whatever he is able to do.

It is not essential to read from the Mus-haf. It is sufficient for the Muslim to recite whatever he can from memory of the passages mentioned above, and Allaah will decree for him what He has promised.

And Allaah knows best.

:wasalam: