What makes an Arab an Arab?

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:
I'de like to know what is the difference between the Arab and non-Arab!!!!!!!!!!

The Prophet (PBUH) said in His last sermon ''All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good actionermo"

you are correct but ...

imagine this scenario, if you are a foreign student in US, wouldnt it make you proud in meeting someone of your race or religion in a foreign's land.

why is it wrong for arabs to be proud of their race and
people dont quote the hadith when someone talk about somali or pakistani .

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy

Noah had 3 sons in his boat (Source Book of Genesis & Bible), namely Ham, Sham and Japheth.

Ham - > Misrayim - > Successor established civilization in Egypt

Sham: -> Successor established civilization like Arabia, Iraq, Syria. Abraham and his stock belong to this race – called Semites by modern historians. All Abrahimic faith from this son.

Japheth -> They inhabited some island (Book of Genesis). They are most probably Indus Valley Civilization.

And certainly from each linage there were many further sub-linage, making the mankind spread all over the earth. So no matter which race you belong, all focus on one point i.e. Prophet Noah (PBUH) and in turn it focus back to Prophet Adam (PBUH)

I am never bothered by race issues as i have understood over a period of time that all humans are brothers in humanity. As far as feeling of superiority complex, even in your home you may find someone (like your cousin or uncle) with your own blood, having superiority complex.

But in the eyes of Allah all are "One" and if Allah differentiate it is based on our deeds and not blood or race. Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) has confirmed this as well. Race issue is most complex issue that Shaitan has indulge mankind by generating a feeling of virtual proudness which in reality is a deep deception.

No doubt about it. On the day of judgment it will be clear to all.

Wasalam

Idil Ciise

Hmmm.. very interesting thread. personally I think it doesn't really matter whether your an Arab or non-Arab so long as we're all brothers and sisters in Islam.

halah

you are correct but ...

imagine this scenario, if you are a foreign student in US, wouldnt it make you proud in meeting someone of your race or religion in a foreign's land.

why is it wrong for arabs to be proud of their race and
people dont quote the hadith when someone talk about somali or pakistani .

People always mix what's culture in what's relegious,yes it's a great blessing from Allah to be born as a muslim and I'm so proud of being a muslimah but I don't feel of any superiority for being an Arab because this hasn't any difference before Allah.

NAVEED

Assalamoalikum, may I ask is that question important, the only thing I like about arabs is that they speak arabic( which I can't) in our way of life( ISLAM ) this should be least important as the nationality as well, i see on this forum brothers and sisters waste too much time on asking where we came from, please don't get me wrong, but my heart bleeds when we talk about race or nationality among ourselves, pardon me, and I ask Allah's forgiveness for all of us . ameen

Let me ask u this: Lets say u learn how to speak french. Does that make
u a french ?

Globalpeace

Banned
Arabs are the BEST!

Asslamo Allaikum,

When Arabs are following the Qur’aan and Sunnah they are the BEST on Earth & they WERE the best on Earth.

I just don’t like the Modern arrogant, trip-on-their-shoulder Arabs;

Bro Alkhatiri! What can I say about the Yemanees, Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) gave testimony to them and Quriash itself immigrated from Yemen…BEST OF THE BREED BRO! BEST OF THE BREED!

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
People always mix what's culture in what's relegious,yes it's a great blessing from Allah to be born as a muslim and I'm so proud of being a muslimah but I don't feel of any superiority for being an Arab because this hasn't any difference before Allah.

i havent reach that level of eeman :shymuslima1:

So make dua for me

Best of Breed due to the hadith about sham and yemen , thanks bro....
It makes me smile but the smile was taken away after i think about judgement day

But really bro and sis , my family is proud to be an arab but we are not arrogant. And we dont mix culture with religion, maybe only for marriage . We dont go around telling people we are arabs as it is obvious from the face .

dianne

Salam,

Interesting thread,well im from Al Qudwa lineage - Syarifah:muslim_child:
my grandfather is Sayid,so my mother & also my dad.

(Sayyid (سيد) (plural Saadah) is an honorific title that is given to males accepted as descendants of the Islamic prophet Muhammad through his grandsons, Hassan and Husayn, who were the sons of his daughter Fatima Zahra and son-in-law Ali ibn Abi Talib)

Wassalam

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam alaikum warahmatullah

Race is from Allah SWT, we cant change our race.
Why you/anyone need to be arab?....we are Muslims and under this headline we all belong to....
But you can do one thing,learn arabic,that will be very beneficial.

Jazakallahu Khair
wassalam

nurlaila

Assalamu alaikum..i think a person is an arab if his parents or one of them are arabs.. is it? :shymuslima1: :shymuslima1:

sliver

Assalamu alaikum..i think a person is an arab if his parents or one of them are arabs.. is it? :shymuslima1: :shymuslima1:

Confused? Some one is Arab because there parents are Arab? Then how would you know your parents Arab? Would it be because they speak Arabic. But doesn't language get its name from its people (e.g China,Chinese)