Using appropriate language

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Here I go again. Please use appropriate words. I will not read the abbreviations as they are rude. If you want someone to read what you consider to be serious..write it in a mature and serious way. I do not know what dis or dat or cuz or coz or bcoz are. This lets me know you do not care. In Islam we need to use the best of our manners. Please be polite and educated. This is not a texting site..this is a forum.

Steve940

:wasalam:

I agree 100%, but sadly its almost like an online epidemic, most people type like that. It's "easier".

:salam2:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

What happens when they need to write?

Lol. I can imagine marking a report from someone like that.

Personally it makes it more difficult to read it for me, i like a nice layout, short paragraphs, spelling and grammar should be top notch (although understandable in some cases) and always get to the point.

Wasalam

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2:

I do it when I write in lectures, the lecturer is often speaking so fast, its impossible to write full words and get everything relevant and keep up with them at the same time. Its useful sometimes :D

But ofcourse, I respect your view, inshAllah I'll do my best to watch my spelling grammar and punctuation. ;)

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
Yeah it's funny when you see people on the internet typing like that. I use dis, dat, cuz, and bcoz only when I'm texting someone from my cell. Its easier and quicker. Over keyboard though, it doesn't make sense when people do that because it's just as easier and quicker to type out the whole word as there are all the letters on the keyboard. On a cell phone you have to keep punching a button until the letter you want scrolls up. The only abbreviation I say I only use on this forum or in the internet in general is "lol" which most people knows what it is.

:wasalam:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Brother Faisal I initially thought you were referring to a prison cell, but you were referring to your cell phone. Alhamdulilah.

Sister Isra, i tend to write fast when it comes to notes :). I always have to maintain using full words instead shortening them, i tend to keep up most of the time. I put it down to the fact, if the method you utilise is best for you in enabling you to carry out the task or whatever aspect then carry on and prosper Insh'Allah. Why change something which is effective?

Hmm the last comment seems to affirm support of using short words. I'm not sure?

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Brother Faisal I initially thought you were referring to a prison cell, but you were referring to your cell phone. Alhamdulilah.

Sister Isra, i tend to write fast when it comes to notes :). I always have to maintain using full words instead shortening them, i tend to keep up most of the time. I put it down to the fact, if the method you utilise is best for you in enabling you to carry out the task or whatever aspect then carry on and prosper Insh'Allah. Why change something which is effective?

Hmm the last comment seems to affirm support of using short words. I'm not sure?

Alhamdulilah

No. I didnt mean that sarcastically not at all! I meant it seriously - I will try my best inshAllah.

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

LOL!!! Yes, Alhamdullilah :D

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
No. I didnt mean that sarcastically not at all! I meant it seriously - I will try my best inshAllah.
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Oops. Sorry Sister Isra, in all that confusion i am not suprised i confused others. It was really argument with myself. Lol. The underlined bit was not directed at you, it was referring to the bit the above. Sorry

Wasalam

NAVEED

Asalaamu'Alykum,

What happens when they need to write?

Lol. I can imagine marking a report from someone like that.

Personally it makes it more difficult to read it for me, i like a nice layout, short paragraphs, spelling and grammar should be top notch (although understandable in some cases) and always get to the point.

Wasalam

You too, What is that 'LOL'

assalamoalikum

justoneofmillion

assalam ok
appa promised:SMILY259:
sheep_racing.jpg

eid mubarak everyone

wassalm
jameel

zakiyah

muslim sis
Salaam,

I appreciate your words. It makes understanding easier.

i know sister its hard sometimes for ppl to understand.i agree with u.i do it alot but i wont now.i will be carefull.bcoz oops not again sorry because i dont want brother n sisters getting confused.:muslim_child:

:salam2::hearts::SMILY259:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Now son I am learning Arabic, very slowly.
I am a sister..I am the mother of Miraj hence mirajmom.

halah

Salaam,

Here I go again. Please use appropriate words. I will not read the abbreviations as they are rude. If you want someone to read what you consider to be serious..write it in a mature and serious way. I do not know what dis or dat or cuz or coz or bcoz are. This lets me know you do not care. In Islam we need to use the best of our manners. Please be polite and educated. This is not a texting site..this is a forum.

Asslamu alaikum dear sister and Eid Mubarak to you ,your lovely sons and to all the brothers and sisters here,:SMILY259:

As you know I'm not originally an English speaker,so it's very confusing to understand these words:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thank you so much for highlighting this topic and thanks to brother Ditta for clarifing the meanning of ''Lol''