• only if they did something really bad

Votes: 31 42.5%

• Total voters

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:
what do you think??

Should Parents hit their childeren???

Should Teachers be given the permission to hit their students???

------------
i personally think that "NOOO" because children don't understand what they are doing,anyway the parents say ,they will not do it again??!!!
but the child ends up doing it again
i think all these people should be put in a speacial school and learn that its bad to hit kids,and also learn HOW TO BRING UP kids..
no offence,thats only my opinion..

wasalam:SMILY346:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
I got disciplined when i was younger and still do at 18 years of age but i think communication is the way lol and i used to be beat in madressa so i will do different with my kids inshallah lol but the parents sometimes lose thier temper so it doesnt help children being beat as a stress bag lool

Sakib

♣♦Sakib♦♣
ima 12...and i get disciplined...only when needed. bit more disciplin when it comes to math though....

dianek

I think yes if they are deserving of it having been ill-mannered in public, repeatedly telling them to stop something.....I was spanked as a child when I deserved it and I learned to FEAR retribution from my father and I did not want to push my luck in that area! I think that is the problem with kids today, they have no fear and walk all over their parents because the system says we can't spank our kids.........

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam,

My parents never hit me. In my family, kids and grownups interact with each other a lot of the time. Children sit and share in discussions and are part of the daily life.

When some parents put kids in seperate room to play or put them infront of TV.. or do not monitor how they learn and who their friends are, then things go bad.

I could never hit any child. There is no need to hit children. We just have to speak.

The Prophet :saw: never hit children or any innocent person.

It is allowed Islamically, for a parent to hit his child, but people must remember that this is something that must be balanced and not abused. Good parents must have good communication with their children and make them develop inshaAllah as good Muslims.

Everything is possible with good communication, patience and kindness!

I once took shahada of some sisters and their brothers over telephone. They would hit their little brother when he was naughty.. and he would have very bad temper tantrums and not go to bed until around 1 - 2:00 in the morning. I told them to put him on telephone and I told him he was good boy, that he is much loved by his family and that he should listen to his big sisters and brothers... Then, I told his family to hug him and be kind to him.. and not hit him. They asked me, what should we do when he is naughty????? I told them, to tell him to stand on one foot in the corner...

Alhamdulillah it worked, and their mother spoke to me. She was very happy and pleased. She said that her son was never like this before. That he had completely changed and for first time ever he said sorry and had hugged and kissed her. She is also very much interested in Islam, alhamdulillah.

Anyway, lol, im not parenting expert, just it goes to show how a little love, listening and understanding goes a long way.

Every child is different, but the development is due to parenting. Children should listen to parents and elders starting from young age. They should know right from wrong and be sensible.. just as a child would know not to pick up things from floor and put in their mouths...

Some parents are no good at raising kids. You can tell easily by watching how a parent picks up their child, how they speak to them, how they let their kids slide around on the floor everywhere, they dont pay attention to how/where they sit, what they touch, what they eat.. especially outside.. in public places! Like Doctors surgeory.

It may seem like a petty thing to notice, but this speaks a great deal about the kind of parents that they are.. So, it is no wonder the children are crying, moaning and spoilt... the parents have no idea how to look after them, so they hit them or shout.. and the child learns nothing.

assalamu alaykum

dianek

LOL!!! You don't know my kids......standing the corner with one foot up and hands on the wall is a game for them.......they could careless! The nicer I am about disciplining the more they try to take advantage of me.......I can't tell you how many times I tell them NO in a day and get laughed at or told OH YES I AM!!!!!! I blame my husband, he lets there big blue eyes melt his sterness and he laughs at that behavior.......tell me Brother Mabsoot any ideas...

And what do you do when they walk around calling each other "poopie head"....;)

zaphirelee

My brother used to fight all the time at a school where there were no consequences. I was beaten up on a regular basis by kids and actually nearly stabbed to death with a pencil when I was nine. Then we moved to a province that had the strap. The school was completely different. I was safe in the school and on my way there.My brother got the strap one time. One time. That was the last time he got in a fight. The community also kept an eye on us and now that we are older we are grateful to all the retired people who would "rat us out" if they saw us "with the wrong crowd" or wearing outfits or makeup they didn't approve of.
Time outs sometimes work but they often don't. Children do need to be taught right from wrong from birth up and if they are raised well they probably won't need many spankings. The problem is that a lot of parents aren't raising their own children and think that when a child throws a temper tantrum on the floor they should give them exactly what they want so they stop crying. Children learn to do whatever they want and who cares about the consequences. Children will also lie if parents don't correct them for it. Some parents will say "My child would never, lie, steal, swear" even if they see the child do it. Then the parents will say that their child only did it because of blah blah blah. All of these excused tell the children they have no responsibility.My friend's son went from lying to dealing drugs to robbing a warehouse before she finally woke up one day to find him in jail. Thankfully he got turned around, but the whole time he was doing these things she kept saying "My son would never do that. They are lying"
Good parenting makes the difference.My other friends new nephew was given money for his birthday and instead of spending the money on toys or candy for himself he bought meat and other food for his family who do not have much. A seven year old child choosing his family over his own wants. Nobody told him to do it. There was no coersion but he has seen the example and wanted to live it. She has also seen him give away his own food to another child. That takes good parenting and good community support. If the television is raising them and a stranger is teaching them right from wrong don't expect this kind of result.

uskupi

assalam alaikum ....yes the parents have that obligation if they (children )disobeye orders from their parents (ofcourse if the orders are in accord with Quran and Sunnah), but it should be carefully ...assalam alaikum

abdul hai

One Flag, One cause
Asalamoalai kum my brother and sisters, in my opinion i think that parents should beat there kids. Why you might ask because if you dont they will continue doing there sins and this might give them a habit. If you do hit them, they will slow stop it, and they will know what the consiquences will be if they do it again.

salam

i was afraid when i saw the eyes of my mother, and i did it in my pant:SMILY335:

She bit me only a few times when i did something bad. But its really importent sometime for children as a medicine. I know where i would be now if my mother ´weren´t so hard to me sometime.

Abel213

I was hit as a kid and I think that is the most effective form of punishment. Kids are not as nice and innocent as they are made out to be. Lots of times kids are greedy, evil, mean and unjust to each other so we have to teach them a lesson.

Trust me, time outs and stuff don't work on alot of kids because they just go to there room and play video games. Don't threaten your kids with a punishment and not do it, because they WILL laugh at you behind your back and keep on provoking you because they think its funny when you get mad.

Idris16

wa alaykum salam,
My parents never hit me. In my family, kids and grownups interact with each other a lot of the time. Children sit and share in discussions and are part of the daily life.
assalamu alaykum
mash'Allah read everything..
i myself would never beat a child

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*

Beating up kids....? no way man
My parents never ever beat me. Like dear brother Mabsoot said communication is the key!

If you're gona hit your child sometimes they'll just repel even more.

:tti_sister:
Wassalaam :D

revert2007

Love Fishing
my opinion is to beat ur child when he does big mistakes and need to be beaten up.for example if ur child do not salah after the age of 10 u should beat him as being said by our Prophet PBUH.so there should be a valid reason to beat ur child and my husband said that i should not beat our son.i should leave it to him to do so.so i will listen to my husband and leave it to him to deal with our son.

DanyalSAC

I would never use the word "beat" for corporal punishment, but I do believe children should be spanked when they deserve it. And I believe in being fairly strict with your child until they get older & you can release the restraints.

I for one do NOT agree with the emotional coddling and "time outs" that most parents nowadays tend to gravitate to. Here in the US that has created a whole generation of children who think they're the ones in charge, children that ignore adults because they know that being separated from their favorite toy or going without dessert is about as bad as it will get. I was spanked as a child. It didn't kill me.

Amina 1

assalam alaikum

Spanking or hitting your child is the adult version of a temper tantrum. Time out works very well if done correctly. Yes there have been lots of times I had visions of knocking my child across a room but I did not and I will never inshallah . If he does something I don't like I tell him that is one if he does it again that is two if he reaches 3 that is time out. I don't yell or lecture I say that will be 3minutes(1 min for every year of age) and I take him to his room. I make sure it is child proofed. in time out I never make eye contact until his time is up . If when I am counting he does not reach three in a twenty minute time frame I start back with 1. If he does something really bad I say that is a three and take him straight to time out. I don't care if he plays with his toys in his room or screams his head off. If he trys to come out I put him back with out looking or talking to him.Time out helps me too it gives me a chance to calm down.When his time out is up I tell him what he did that was wrong and that is the end of the punishment . we don't talk about it any more. You have to follow thru on what you say if you don't the kids will take advantage of you. You should never punish a child out of anger. 95% of the time that is what spanking is.:SMILY286:

what goes round comes back around.....today the parents hit their kids and ive seen in pakistan they go to extremes of slapping even though they r kindergarden kids and this has even resulted in the death of some kids in madrassas........when these kids grow up u can expect them to beat their parents then also......then these parents whine bout how they brought them up and this is what they get.....U DESERVE IT R-TARDS!