Farewell... again

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum [Peace be unto you],

Some of you might already know that I have tried to leave this forum once before. If you didn't know that, then here's the link to my previous post on this matter:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133139&postcount=1

So, what's difference this time? Why did I decide to leave this forum [TurnToIslam] again?

To begin with, I'd like to re-iterate the feelings I have made in my first farewell post [found by clicking the link above]. The reasons I have stated in that post remain true.

What made me come back was one piece of news I just couldn't resist not posting on this forum. Please click on the following link to find out what it was I needed to post on TurnToIslam:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=151500&postcount=21

And with that post, I came back to this forum and started participating in the discussions going on in many threads. However, it has become very clear that I could no longer keep this up anymore.

In addition [and as a further explanation to] the reasons mentioned in the first link above, the following is why I really need to stop posting on TurnToIslam:

1- If you noticed the way I write my posts, you'll understand that it's time consuming. It takes a lot of concentration and effort to write a post in response to an argument or just one that presents a news story. Sometimes, I don't have an English source for what I'm trying to convey, so I have to translate it from the Arabic language.

2- I try very hard to follow up on the comments of others on my posts. And this has had some bad effects on me. Even when I'm not on the Internet, people who know me personally [in the real world] notice that I'm absent minded. What's really going on in my mind is that I'm thinking of all the comments others have said about my posts. If they're true and I'm wrong, then I'll learn from those comments. But if they're wrong, then I start thinking of how to reply to those posts, and this takes up a lot of my free time.

3- All this thinking of how to respond -mentioned in point 2 above- has actually made truly a Bluegazer ["blue" meaning sad]. Although I didn't actually choose the nickname "Bluegazer" to say that I'm a sad guy who gazes [I have a different understanding of 'Blue' that I'll keep to myself], it turned out that I really did become sad a lot of the time. It's because I feel the weight of responsibility; the responsibility to write posts about Islam accurately and mention my sources; the responsibility to respond to posts when I know how to respond....etc.

This really feels like a weight on me, and some people who know me personally have remarked that I always have this sad face and that I don't smile as much anymore.

4- I have mentioned this in the first link above, but I really need to explain this here. I really do have other responsibilities in my life. I have -sadly- neglected these duties. If this goes on further, some real damage is going to be done, and I really don't want that to happen.

=====

So, I hope you understand why I really have to say "farewell" again. However, this time I'm not going to completely stop posting on this thread. What I'll do Insha'Allah [Allah willing] is post whatever I feel to be beneficial for the propagation of Islam, and this time I will make it my duty not to view other posts commenting on my posts.

Please, do not feel that I do this because I'm arrogant or have this feeling that I'm always right and have nothing to learn from my brothers and sisters in Islam. I seek refuge with Allah the Almighty from such a disastrous failing as arrogance. I have -and will- always benefit from the sincere advice of others. You just have to understand that I just cannot continue going on posting the way I have been.

So, from now on, I'll post what I believe will be beneficial to educate Muslims and non Muslims about Islam, and I won't read remarks on my posts.

And even with this new arrangement, the number of my posts will fall dramatically.

=====

Before I end this post, I have to mention that there are instances where:

1- I have promised to reply to certain members of this forum. I'll try to fulfill my promises. But if I couldn't, then I'll be very grateful if these members could understand my situation and forgive me.

2- I have seen certain posts or topics that I really need to comment on.

And even in the above two situations, I'll just post my opinion without reading any replies to my posts.

===

And here I come to the end this post. To all my brothers in Islam, it has been an overwhelming joy to be able to meet you [online] and see this love of Allah and His Messenger [peace be upon him] that you all carry in your hearts.

And to all non Muslims I have met on this forum, it has been a pleasure to be able to share with you the little knowledge of Islam that I have, and to learn from you about different matters in life.

===

And with this I leave you with the greeting of Islam; Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatu'llaahi wa Barakaatuh [Peace be unto you and the mercy of Allah and His blessings].

Best regards,

Bluegazer

meer suhail

ILM seeker
Walykum salam warehmatullah he wabarakatu ,
wow ,what a day
seems like ,every one whose posts i would be waiting for ,and reading ,,,,are leaving ,one way or another ( i hope osman is not next )
Jazakum Allah khairon
( for all the contributions u made ,were very nice )
well it happens what you have said in post ,i happens to me as well ,but at the end of day the peace of mind ,and the never ending joy u get is something awesome ,,,
best wishes

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alykum,

May Allah reward you much for your excellent contribution. Ameen.

Your posts always carry much knowledge in them and its a shame we will lose some it but real life just should come first.

It's been a pleasure. :SMILY259:

Alhamdulilah

Walaykum Salam

cmelbouzaidi

Assalamu alaikom, I understand that your family commitments come first. Thank you for your valuable input, it was much appreciated. Jazak Allahu Khair.

Asalaamalikum brother Bluegazer,

I'm feeling a little "blue" at the moment, but you know yourself better than we do. Sometimes these decisions are tough, but you have to do cost/benefit examinations of yourself and where you stand.

I know what you are going through and sometimes I feel the same way! It's really difficult to answer to everything because replying to a post requires knowledge, effort, and time. I think everyone knows how dedicated you are in your posts and I found them truly beneficial as well as educating. Your posts will always be on TTI (inshallah), we won't just miss you brother but we will remember you.

With that being said - a goodbye isn't painful unless you're never going to say hello again. Inshallah we will look forward to hearing from whatever you post again.

Your brother in Islam,

TheHumbleWun

hambaAllah

:bismillah:
:salam2:

:jazaak: for all the contributions and efforts that you have put in here brother...May Allah Subhanna wa Ta'ala rewards you for it.....Looking forward to your contributions in the near future :inshallah: :tti_sister: May Allah Subhanna wa Ta'ala makes everything easy for you, brother. Ameen Ya Rabbal Alameen.

:wasalam::hijabi:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum brother
Your posts have always been excellent ,orginized and informative .May Allah reward you for your great help and contribution to this site .And its really sad to see you leaving ...

waaleikum salam

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

Every time I read your excellent posts I wonder how much time you spend in them! They're amazing!! Allah knows how time consuming that must be, and I understand how you must be feeling now. Take it easy brother! And thank you very much for your invaluable contribution to this site.
May Allah guide us all.

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

loveislam1

Asalam alikoum brother
May Allah subhana wa ta'ala bless you for your contribution your posts are all full of knowledge well thought out and so informative, I will miss them so much! You are a great asset to this community and to our ummah, but I understand COMPLETELY, may Allah subhana wa ta'ala give you a much needed break and rest.

warda A

Sister
Rest

wa aleikum salam
We have always benefited from your posts.
Inshalla you will manage to recoup and organize your time to allow you to post.
and i completely agree that at time it is really time consuming, but we hope to gain the benefits therein.

Mairo

Maryama
Wa aleikum masalaam brother Bluegazer,
As you know you will be missed in this forum, but I am also glad to hear you are taking some time to take care of yourself. We are all appreciative of your time and dedication to providing such thorough and detailed information with your posts. InshaAllah you will find the balance you need to maintain. I hope that as you turn yourself to Allah he will fill your heart with joy and peace. May you experience Allah showering his blessings and mercy on you.

Best wishes, God bless