Please Clearify Me on This

revert2007

Love Fishing
The Prophet
saws.gif
said:
Allah does not accept the prayer of a woman who has reached puberty unless she wears a khimaar.

Is it compulsary to cover ur face i mean wear niqab?just by wearing lonh hijab is not sufficient enough?and my prayer wont be accepted? :(

source: http://muttaqun.com/niqab.html

kayleigh

You don't need to cover your face to pray or have your prayer accepted. You only need to wear loose clothing and have your hair covered.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
in salaah, u dont have to cover ur face and hands when no non-mehram men are present.

PS: in hanafi school, u can show ur feet also.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Sister, pls provide the referrence to the hadith you quoted. In Shafee school, there is no requirement to cover your face in prayers. I'm sure you know this.

justice101

:salam2: sister personally i dont think u have to cuz dr zakir mentioned a hadtih that there was a beautiful woman and one of the companions saw her a nd stared for a long time, ther prophet caught hold of his head and turned it away from the girl i.e he didnt tell the girl to cover her face, so that wat i think he mentioned lots of proffs that its not a must but it all comes back to u "what do u think?" :wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
am not asking about niqab during prayer but wearing niqab when u go out in the street

Khimar means "to cover".

so if u dont wear niqaab, its not that Allah will not accept ur prayers.

and as u already told that no men gaze @ u as u look like 60 yr old in long dress...so inshallah no need to worry.

:)

AVeiled

u must cover every part of ur body except the face and hands while in salaah and in presence of non mehrem (scholars differ on covering feet or not, tho ankels must be covered, i advice covering feet as its more cautious ) niqab is ur own choice to wear