evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
See this link :

http://www.55a.net/

I'm sure it will help you , choose ur language and read about what Islam says about creation beganing .

And as what they said , as Muslims we don't believe in evolution , it's againest Islam .

as well as it's not right at ALL ;)

FreedomFighter

Also if you notice the stories of the Prophets, people at time of Nuh (as) were very different from people today (lived much longer etc.) & aren't we told that the Aad people were different in stature from us?

So it could be that human evolution has occurred by the Will of Allah- but we by no means believe we evolved from monkeys

that is what i meant when i said we dont believe in evolution. sry for the confusion :D

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I'm in same boat, whenever ppl talk about evolution I only remember this monkey boy, Darwin's theories. Well, I think only Shaheer bai is qualified to discuss this with this atheist friend.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
I'm in same boat, whenever ppl talk about evolution I only remember this monkey boy, Darwin's theories. Well, I think only Shaheer bai is qualified to discuss this with this atheist friend.

No brother :) im not qualified no one is the guidance and knowledge is in the hand of Allah (swt) :) he can make anyone the source of that :)

JazakAllah khair for ur trust thou Akhi :)

adam_arb

personally, I don't even need to use Islamic teaching to prove that the theory is illogical.

if we evolved from monkeys, how come their are still monkeys about?

db92509

No brother :) im not qualified no one is the guidance and knowledge is in the hand of Allah (swt) :) he can make anyone the source of that :)

JazakAllah khair for ur trust thou Akhi :)

hello forum,

shaheerpak i attempted to send a pm to you however i wasnt allowed to. i was rather dissapointed as it was quite a long post and it was not sent or saved. oh well i will attempt to do say again. i hope i have better luck this time

D.Ahmed

Believer
hello forum,

shaheerpak i attempted to send a pm to you however i wasn't allowed to. i was rather dissapointed as it was quite a long post and it was not sent or saved. oh well i will attempt to do say again. i hope i have better luck this time

Greetings.

I believe the reason for that is because you need a certain amount of posts (at least 30) correct me if I'm wrong anyone? after that you can PM and all that.

Also to other Forum members who are posting I plead with you all to write in proper English when entering a discussion or dialogue with anyone I've seen alot of members including senior members write in slang and shorten words there is no excuse for it as there is "Spell check" to help It's okay if you are txting someone on a Mobile phone but not on a Forum please, Its been discussed many many times yet people still do it it's very annoying indeed.

:wasalam:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
That is the key differentiator. God guides evolution. It may look random, but it follows a path set by God. Evolution is simply one of the many natural laws that God created. He made some species evolve and directly created others. Man was one of the species He directly created, out of clay.

God says in the holy Quran,

"He said, "Our Lord is He who gave every thing its form and then guided [it]." (20:50)

We see this guidance in the womb. Every stem cell knows how to grow into its intended final shape. Call it genetic instructions if you will but who put those instructions in?.

Mashallah mashallah brother :) very well said :) i totally agre with u thx for providing the verse :)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
hi,
u sure have topics of my interest to dicuss.

i believe in theory of evolution to some extent.being a science student,i prefer looking for scientific reasons to accept or reject something.

REJECTION;
1.as far as my goes knowledge this theory has no authentic mathematical equation to support it.

and

2.it is not verified by experiments.

so i donot feel like foolishly acceptin it.

ACCEPTION;
(to some extent)Allah talks about creation of a man from mud.but this earth with its organisms were already created when Adam was born.so,what i believe is that it could b that Allah (the evolver)created everything in a guided manner starting from a single cell and evolving other complex organisms following different lines.(not necessarily from the same parent cell).:hijabi:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
hi,
u sure have topics of my interest to dicuss.

i believe in theory of evolution to some extent.being a science student,i prefer looking for scientific reasons to accept or reject something.

REJECTION;
1.as far as my goes knowledge this theory has no authentic mathematical equation to support it.

and

2.it is not verified by experiments.

so i donot feel like foolishly acceptin it.

:salam2:
sister im sorry i have to disagree, IT is verified by expriment NOt macro evolution but micro evolution FOR SURE , actually most of the phenomena in evolution are not just theory, but it itself as a whole is a theory :) i hope u know wat i mean

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
æóáóÞóÏú ÚóáöãúÊõãõ ÇáøóÐöíäó ÇÚúÊóÏóæúÇ ãöäúßõãú Ýöí ÇáÓøóÈúÊö ÝóÞõáúäóÇ áóåõãú ßõæäõæÇ ÞöÑóÏóÉð ÎóÇÓöÆöíäó [٢:٦٥]
And well ye knew those amongst you who transgressed in the matter of the Sabbath: We said to them: "Be ye apes, despised and rejected."

Could science be making the connection between apes and human are being closely related DUE to this incident??

ALlah (swt) did turn humans into apes could the similarities seen by the scientist be due to this matter?
shaheer biyaa didn't all of those ppl die within three days.i don't see why they should be confused with ancestors of men.............

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
actually most of the phenomena in evolution are not just theory, but it itself as a whole is a theory :) i hope u know wat i mean
nope...........i don't think i understand.

i'd love to kno about the experiments though..........it'd be somthing new for my knowledge:SMILY259:...................but i guess i can still disagree on the equation grounds.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Welcome to TTI sister.

First of all let me tell you that there is no such thing in Quran as you will find in Bible where Rabbis have written in Genesis in "great detail" how the universe was created in 6 days. Like tree was created before sun was created etc, and then on the 7th day God was tired so he rested.

We consider it as blasphemy to accuse that God became tired and then he rested. God Almighty is way above all this and he created this universe just as a testing place for us where we come and do our part (every moment we live here we are tested how we live and what we do in that moment) and then we go back and wait for the Day of Judgment.

Now... I have a done Master of Science (MS) in Physics, so I know something about science.

I first have to say that brother ayman always do an great job of posting excellent answers. But here is my take on this topic.

Allah (SWT) says that he has created this universe in 6 days, but no scholar or sheikh I have seen says that this means 6 days of our earth. because in the Quran Allah himself says that even time is relative (just like in the theory of relativity). So 6 days are really 6 periods, where each could be even 2 or more billion years long. Only Allah knows the best.

With that in mind we can imagine that Allah started this universe with a big bang and then based on His plan galaxies got created with huge stars which burned through their fuel much faster, then exploded, throwing away their heavy elements into the space and creating secondary stars like our sun. Then earth was formed and then when it cooled down the oceans came into being and then single cell life was created according to Allah's will and then it became more complex and then came vertebrae. Then life came on to the land and became insects and amphibians. Then came reptiles and mammals etc. etc.

So the evolution exists, it is a processes created by Allah (SWT) by which He creates new species. Those people who move to a more sunlight place see their skin become darker and less sunlight makes skin lighter. Seals obviously look like they are mammals who lived on land - right? But now their hand and legs look totally different. Older skeleton of whales have their nostrils in the front and it traces back to Paki-Sedas fossil in Pakistan when this animal transitioned from land to a sea animal. And none of these contradict any of the verses of Quran or teachings of Islam.

Having said that since Allah (the high and mighty and glorious) has said in Quran that he has created man from clay. So we believe that Allah has created us directly from clay, and we humans are NOT a branch of mammalian tree. But since some people think evolution mean that you have to accept that man is also from monkey so they immediately reject the whole process of evolution.

But I believe that evolution is a process created by Allah. But Allah has specially created man using a different and direct method because Allah is a living and active God on who we all depend upon, who listens to our supplications (duas) and answer them. He has not created his laws of nature and then went into hiding. Rather each and every thing which is happening in this universe is happening with His will and He is in complete command of all things. He has angels who do a lot of work but we don't see them working, like attaching soul to the fetus in the womb and taking souls out of a body which we call death.

But since Allah has kept himself hidden from our view and we can't see Him, therefore for our teaching He has sent messengers who received instructions from Him through angels and communicated those instructions to us. The last such package of instructions is called Quran which came down to Prophet Mohammed (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).

Now understand this that evolution is still a theory (to some extent) and it is a very small portion of overall science. Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry etc are much bigger and more fundamental branches of science.

Quran talks about "7 heavens". Through-out the history non-Muslims have joked about it and Muslims couldn't explain it, but now there is this String Theory which is proving that there are seven heavens.
Studies of string theory have revealed that it predicts higher-dimensional objects called branes. String theory strongly suggests the existence of eleven space-time dimensions, as opposed to the usual four (three spatial and one temporal).
The string faithful now await the result of the experiment this year or in 2010, when energy will measurably leak into extra dimensions from a bang in a machine called the Large Hadron Collider in Geneva. This leak would vindicate this theory probably for good. Then you will see this theory in the text books.

What do you think about that?

db92509

A number of contributers have suggested that humans are somehow not part of the evolutionary process. The human genome project is the latest tantalising evidence confirming human evolution from a common ancestor. However if you are unfamiliar with this field of science the following video goes through a more tangible form of evidence in the form of fossil evidence. Please take a moment to view the following video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCayG4IIOEQ

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
I have gone thru these videos, there is nothing new in these videos.
I think you didn't read what I wrote, you just glanced thru the post.

There is no concrete proof that man and ape had a common ancestor. I know about Lucy and other fossils but this is no proof. There is no missing link.

To convince any Muslim you first have to prove that Quran is wrong or has a single incorrect information. Any information.
If you do that people will join you in droves.

Quran is not like Bible. It is true word of God from God Almighty himself.

See the current Bible is writen by men. And boy they left so many mistakes that it just make you laugh and laugh. When a friend of mine wanted to argue about Bible. So I started reading Bible and soon it became very hilarious. In the first chapter the Genesis when it talks about people living 100s of years and there is a list who lived for how long. I made a Excel spreadsheet starting from Noah and color coded the columns how long each one lived and when the cild was born and how long he lived. On the eleventh column was Abraham and the year he was born, all of his grand fathers all the way upto Noah ware still alive and having babies. (you can make that chart too) But when the angel tells Abraham when he was 80 years old that he will have a son he says I am too old, how can I have a child. I showed that chart to my friend and asked him that isn't this funny. Abraham should have said that hey I am too young to have a child, I will have a child when I will be 200 years old or something. But the reason Bible says all this is because it is all man made numbers and list by the Rabbis, and this proves that you should not believe it. And if you read books of other religion like Hindus or Budhists then they are even funnier.

You will not find any such thing in Quran. And the Quran says clearly that Allah has created Adam in a special way, so there is no doubt that it happened exactly like this. If Bible is a horsecart then Quran is a Rolls Royce or may even be a jet, there is no comaparison.

I can imagine that to make the test more interesting or more difficult for some Allah made us closer to the anatomy and genetic makeup of Neanderthal and other great apes.

I have seen your videos so now you read Quran and if you find any thing wrong in it ... even one small thing. I will go with you.

This is a challenge !!!

Rashadi

greetings again brother, one of the attributes of Allah is 'al bari' and this translates as 'the evolver'. science has never been a problem and the quran encourages us to research and reason. the prophet muhammad(pbuh) also said that seeking knowledge is an obligation for all of us and said to seek science even in china. when it comew to evolution, it all depends on what we r talking about. there are some things that evolved over a period of times but that does not mean humans came from monkeys. but evolution is not rejected as a whole but certain theories are.

Status
Not open for further replies.