evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

db92509

Hello forum

I am curious and interested as to the thoughts of individuals here and what islamic teaching has to say with regards to evolution.

I would also be interested in speaking to any individuals who have studied science academically and their thoughts on the matter.

regards

FreedomFighter

oh thats ok. where you from? if you dont mind me asking.. sry im changing the topic just a bit. we'll go back to evolution. inshaAllah :D

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah has described in the Qur’aan the stages of the creation of Adam. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, the likeness of ‘Eesa (Jesus) before Allaah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: ‘Be!’ — and he was” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:59]

This dust was moistened until it became sticky mud or clay that stuck to the hands. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth)” [al-Mu’minoon 23:12]

“Verily, We created them of a sticky clay” [al-Saaffaat 37:12]

Then it became dried (sounding) clay of altered mud. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And indeed, We created man from dried (sounding) clay of altered mud” [al-Hijr 15:26]

Then when it dried it became sounding clay like the clay of pottery. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“He created man (Adam) from sounding clay like the clay of pottery” [al-Rahmaan 55:14]

Then Allaah moulded it into the form that He wanted and breathed into him (his) soul created by Him. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“(Remember) when your Lord said to the angels: ‘Truly, I am going to create man from clay’.

So when I have fashioned him and breathed into him (his) soul created by Me, then you fall down prostrate to him” [Saad 38:71-72]

These are the stages through which the creation of Adam passed according to the Qur’aan. As for the stages of creation which the progeny of Adam pass through, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth).

Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman).

Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So Blessed is Allaah, the Best of creators” [al-Mu’minoon 23:12-14]

With regard to the wife of Adam – Hawwa’ (Eve) – Allaah tells us that He created her from him, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwa (Eve)], and from them both He created many men and women”[al-Nisa’ 4:1]

Source:IslamQA

db92509

hard rock moslem, i am very familiar with evolutionary theory as my field of work involves bio chemistry. the link you have provided is for the works of a man called Adnan Oktar. He is a turkish gentleman who is not a scientist and has no scientific qualifications. He has been much discredited and his work is work is only given credence by people who have no scientific background. So from your reply i'm assuming your not familiar with this sphere of science and you believe humanity was created rather than evolved from a single cell organism.

binteshafi thank you for your reply, as far as i can see you have provided an account of the creation story, so again i will presume that you do not beleive in the evolutionary theory.

thank you for your feedback

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
hey ... this is a very sensitive topic and to honestly tell u U gotto understand evolution to be able to fully put it in the religious context, alot of people when spoken about evolution just jump into the idea of monkeys turning into humans which is one of the biggest theory and most scientist wont even believe in it ,
I just finished my bachelor of science in Evolution and ecology we can discuss about it in detail but thru pm or other way not here so pm me if u r interested
i just like to point out
12. Al-Khaaliq
The Creator, The One who brings everything from non-existence to existence.

13. Al-Bari'
The Evolver, The Maker, The Creator who has the Power to turn the entities.

Why cnt it be evolution and Creation since ALlah (swt) does mention both of them as his attributes .

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
Man did not evolve from apes. However as Shaheer said, it could be that Allah has made us follow a different evolution pattern (not from apes).

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Muslims dont believe in evolution.

thats not true ... im muslim i believe in it we have to cuz ALlah (swt) is an evolver as well

12. Al-Khaaliq
The Creator, The One who brings everything from non-existence to existence.

13. Al-Bari'
The Evolver, The Maker, The Creator who has the Power to turn the entities.

FreedomFighter

^ya akhi you are right. you know how when they say evolution they are most of the time referring to monkeys evolving into humans, etc, so thats what i meant ;) but thanks for the insight.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
^ya akhi you are right. you know how when they say evolution they are most of the time referring to monkeys evolving into humans, etc, so thats what i meant ;) but thanks for the insight.

well thats not true thou cuz evolution is based on a natural phenomena known as natural selection which if u observe is closely is happens due to the help of ALlah (swt)

FreedomFighter

but first of all, what kind of evolution are we talking about? and then do we believe in it? what are the things that evolved? and where are the proofs if they did? if its from monkeys to humans, then that one we dont believe in..?

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
Also if you notice the stories of the Prophets, people at time of Nuh (as) were very different from people today (lived much longer etc.) & aren't we told that the Aad people were different in stature from us?

So it could be that human evolution has occurred by the Will of Allah- but we by no means believe we evolved from monkeys

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
actually just a thought since we are on this topic if u read Surah Al-Baqara verse 65 it says

وَلَقَدْ عَلِمْتُمُ الَّذِينَ اعْتَدَوْا مِنْكُمْ فِي السَّبْتِ فَقُلْنَا لَهُمْ كُونُوا قِرَدَةً خَاسِئِينَ [٢:٦٥]
And well ye knew those amongst you who transgressed in the matter of the Sabbath: We said to them: "Be ye apes, despised and rejected."

Could science be making the connection between apes and human are being closely related DUE to this incident??

ALlah (swt) did turn humans into apes could the similarities seen by the scientist be due to this matter?

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

The Theory of Evolution is a broad topic with various teachings. The belief in macroevolution, is especially false. The following website has done an excellent job in refuting evolution:

http://www.scienceagainstevolution.org/newsletters.htm

I recommend reading from the beginning, scrolling down to the articles published in 1996.

And Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) Knows Best.

Status
Not open for further replies.