My first Khutba today!!!!

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
Assalamualakum Brother's and Sister's

I just did mt first khutba today and i just want to say if your part of MSA in HighSchool Do it!! I was pretty nervious to be honest and very nervous while leading the prayer but Thanks to Allah he has helped me stay strong throughout the prayer.

The only thing i didnt like was when a friend of mine came up to me and just started talking about why did i pick a weak Surah (First surah i said was Ayatul Qursi) and he didnt say anything good job or anything and everyone else did. I felt bad cause it was my first Khutba and first thing he did was criticize me but i got over it after a bit....

Special Thanks to Thariq2005 he helped me with the Quthba in the format im supposed to give it in so May Allah Reward you and bless you for your kindness.

superbro

Brother of Islam
Your friend was probably jealous. And he is wrong, Ayatal Kursi is one of the most powerful Surahs in the Quran

hassana elkoussi

:salam2: brother,

:ma: It's great to hear this, am so proud of you. Don't get disappointed with your friend's attitude, just be self-confident and have trust in Allah and it'll be ok. Next time will definitely be better when u get used to it and gain more experience.And who said ayat al-Kursi is a weak surah!!:tti_sister: May Allah SWT accept your good deeds and make evrything easy for you and may He reward brother Tariq for his support as well. Ameen

Salam

palestine

Servant of Allah
Congradulations. waalaikum wasalam. i'm a speaker myself, i do a ton of speeches and alhamdulillah i usually speak at the halaqah but now i'm giving other sisters a chance to enhance their speaking skills. i'm proud of you dear Muslim! keep it up! by the way, at my school we do not have an msa, only our university has it and im only a junior at highschool. however, they did allow me to join them. so far i really don't like it - it seems they just want to do things in the interest of the westerners mentality and not what the deen actually teaches. basically i don't think they truly represent islam as it should be. so i'm not sure if i want to be in it anymore. take care. wasalamu alaikum and Congrats once again!!!!!!!!!!!

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
As salaamu 'alaikkum akhi, alhamdulillah glad it went good, all good is from Allah subhana wa t'ala. May Allah reward you, ameen, and also I hope you done it within time lol, because you were so worried about doing a khutbah within 7 minutes lol :p Alhamdulillah :) Also you can share you khutbah here, so that brothers and sisters here can benifit in shaAllah...

Wa salaamu 'alaikkum

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
:salam2:

Firstly a big CONGRATULATIONS to you brother! :)

When i read your user name, i was thinking "What?! Now sister's do khutbah?!" Then i saw "Muslim brother" LOL Boy, i felt so happy reading that!

Great job brother though!

may Allah make you successful in every aspect of life! Dont worry about those kinda people brother. Sometimes they're just trying to pull you time and others- they're just confused on how to tell you that you were GREAT :D *I like to look at it the second way ;)*

Wassalaam all

beautiful is islam

:ma: am so happy for you. really. and iam happy for you. keep up the good work. never listen anybody who has negtve thngs to say. really i don't you but here this made it my day.:muslima:: so pecae and love...

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
As salaamu 'alaikkum akhi, alhamdulillah glad it went good, all good is from Allah subhana wa t'ala. May Allah reward you, ameen, and also I hope you done it within time lol, because you were so worried about doing a khutbah within 7 minutes lol :p Alhamdulillah :) Also you can share you khutbah here, so that brothers and sisters here can benifit in shaAllah...

Wa salaamu 'alaikkum
GREAT idea brother!

Im sure everyone would absolutely LOVE to see your khutbah! :)

Wassalaam

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Alaikum brother....:D

Am I proud of you or what!!?:D I think I am so so pround of you and I congratulate you for the Khutba you've done and I encourage you to keep doing it for Allah's sake for He'll reward you for it.
as for your friend.....I can tell you that all the people will not approve of you, and sometimes the people that seem CLOSE to you are sometimes the worst in crirism. And always keep in mind that YOU CAN NEVER PLEASE EVERYONE.....but you sure can please Allah!!
may Allah accept of you your good deeds, and reward you for them.ameen
again, congrats:D

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
Thanks for the support everyone just to let you guys know it really did make me happy to see your responses :). May Allah Reward you for your kindness everyone

I see some people have requests for the Quthba i did, il explain what i did to bring it within 10 minutes

So basicly i watched a 25 minute Quthbah on Youtube and took the key points out of it and wrote down bunch of things the speaker said. And then i summed it up into 3 Flash cards i looked at time to time to see what i was going to speak about next. On each Flash card i wrote the things i was going to say in Phases

Flash Card 1:
Phase 1: Surah Isra , Ayah 23-25. "That you will not be enslaved to anyone but him alone, and in regard to both your parents, the best possible conduct"

Phase 2: The verse says Waabil Waalidayne Ihsana. Ihsana To be the best at something. So this Means Allah is Demanding your best to your parents

Phase 3: The BEST of your words, The BEST of your courtesy, the BEST of your patience should go to whom? Your parents

Phase 4: Of the good characteristics you have, the highest of them the peak of them, who deserves it most? Your parents.

Flash Card 2
Phase 1: The verse teaches you must be good to your parents, especially your father whether he was good or not, merciful or not, courteious or not. The same goes for your mother

Phase 2: In Modern days you might hear parents say to a child say "why are you so mean to me?" And the child would say "well you werent there for me you didnt let me go to the park blablabla". See theirs a system goes on here which is receive and give back. But Allah sayid strictly it does not matter. You dont give your parents respect because they give you respect, you do it because its the command of allah regardless how your parents were mean to you.

Phase 3- So we must ask allah for forgiveness, and be aware of our actions
-SIT

Flash card 3
Assuming you got back up

Phase 1: Theres a verse in the Quran in which it refers to old people, and it says "That we reverse them in Creation" And on of the interpertations of that when parents reach old age they become more childish, harder to deal with, cant reason through them. So you must care for them as they did for you, Even if they didnt, its the command of Allah.

Phase 2: You cannot even show frustration to your parents.When your parents are mad , do something good for them, vacuum for them, clean their room, buy flowers for them, you dont fight fire with fire.

Conclusion Statement- Take the chance when your parents are mad, you can never repay them for what they did you, and it can only be by the mercy of Allah. So may Allah Guide us and help us making decisions in in our life. And Allah Knows Best. Waqiim Assalat.

Feel free to make any corrections , and change it to suit your needs if you want to. I just put it like this cause thats the way i liked it, and i read through it many times. So when i did the Khutba i wasnt staring at the flashcard 24/7 because i just recognized what phase and thing i was about to say.

Jazakallah Khair for your responses everyone :).

Oh by the way, i made this from this video

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDgidHEWNPY

And also there was a short Verse i said in the Beggining before the Flashcards il try and upload it. And trust me guys, this takes less than 10 minutes (around 7-10). But make sure your not just reading from the flash card (Verse starts with "Innal Haam Dalilahe Wanas Ta-E-Nu-Hoo, Wanas Tagh-firuhoo and so on

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Wa'alykum Salaam,

Masha'Allah brother, congratulations on your first sermon! :) I had the same experience of oddness at first if you like, but you don't feel it once you have successfully delivered it couple of Fridays.

Very good choice of topic. :)

Wa'salaam

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
salam

The only thing i didnt like was when a friend of mine came up to me and just started talking about why did i pick a weak Surah (First surah i said was Ayatul Qursi)

waalaikumussalam..

what? weak sura? is there any weakness in Quran? no no....

bravo! may Allah give u strength to perform goodness.