How are you preparing

neox297

I'm preparing by contemplating ideas on how i can simultanesouly lose some weight lol, but its awlays so hard. The body goes into some "i refuse to shed fat" mode

Gernada1492

A Muslim
lol @ brother neox.. ur weight always increases in ramadan

I m thinking how to do taraweeh this time..i mean where.. and i want to read quraan myself, as much as i can...

likeali4life

:salam2:

:subhanallah: Ramadhan is nearly here. I'm just worried that i might lose shape..LOL

I think an Important thing which we must do is Listen to speeches regarding Ramadhan so that we are motivated and firm whilst keeping a fast.

Things which we must know:

• The Virtues of Fasting
    Types of fasts
    What good deeds we must do during Ramadhan
    The consequences of Missing a Fast
    Ruling about the fasting of Ramadhan
    The timing of fasts
    For whom is fasting Obligatory
    What Invalidates the fast
    How to make up for the Fasts that we miss
    The disliked activities during fastings
    Liked activities during Ramadhan

I think in order to prepare we must know the above. May Allah make all of us Muslims Firm and steadfast in Ramadhan...Ameen

arzafar

i want to locate a ahl ahdees mosque. there is a green top, deobandis, qaadinayis, but unfortunately im yet to find a ahle hadis mosque. so the search continues tomoro inshallah.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum!!

I've got a long list that I reaaaally want to do, that I didn't get to do the previous years. But now school is out:D! And Insha'allah, things will work out this time.

I'm actually Looking for this one masjid that we(some sisters and I) passed by before, Which is probably the ONLY masjid built like a Masjid in this town. I want to do my taraaweehs there, Insha'allah:D:D
But I still can't find where it was located and I don't even know the name of the Masjid- So I'll be basically "masjid haunting":)

P,s: Thanks "Likeali4life" for the list, we should keep that in mind Insha'allah.

Abu Talib

Feeling low

InshAllaah here is my list that I planned for the holy month of Ramadaan

• Refrain from excessive eating hope I shed some weight and get lean..lol
  • Do as much Dhikr as possible
  • Read more and finish Quran with Tafseer
  • Perfrom all prayers + Qiyam al layl, Taraweeh, Voluntary no miss at all
  • No TV at all
  • Limit access to internet
  • Help my mother in the kitchen to prepare Iftaar and Suhoor
  • Do as much good deeds as possible
  • And lastly making lots of Dua's

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

I meant to share a hadeeth that I read last Sya'aban about how the companions radiyallahu anhum used to be very keen when Ramadhaan is near and how they have "prepared" themselves even since the month of Syaaban. Its the same anology when one is going out for war, he has to make sure that he is well-prepared to face any hardships, difficulties in the battle - the same goes for Ramadhaan.

And when Ramadhaan is about to end, they (radiyallahu anhum) weep because the abundance of virtue, blessings and rahmaat offered during Ramadhaan is not offer on any other months. MashaAllaah. Have we ever weep when its the end of Ramadhaan? In contrast, we actually feel kind of excited because Syawaal is getting near and that we cant just wait to celebrate Eid, isnt it? :rolleyes: About the hadeeth, since I dont have much time now, couldnt find the source of it. InshaAllaah will post it soon.

Brothers and sisters, lets take heed and struggle starting from now to gain the HUGE value and rahmaat Allaah will shower upon us on the Blessed month of Ramadhaan. Take this month to purify our soul, cleanse our heart and ask forgiveness from Allaah and also from the people around us - including those who we may not have meet in real world (frankly, lets just say to the people here in TTI).

I just hope that in this coming Ramadhaan, there'll be less arguments in this forum and that inshaAllaah, we'll focus more on increasing our Ibaadah to Allaah subhanahu wa Taa'ala.

Use this Ramadhaan to the best we can to become a better Muslim, increase our knowledge in the deen and to be nearer to Allaah (taqqarub ila Allaah). We never know, if we'll have the chance to feel and fast on next year's Ramadhaan.

A reminder to myself first and foremost.

May we be among those who will be forgiven and among those of the Soliheen. Ameen Ameen Ameen.

Wa'alaykummusalam wa rahmatullah.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum,

I am not really doing anything in particular to prepare for Ramadan :shymuslima1: But hopefully get in to the habit of learning about how the Sahaba prepared for it. Sister Aisya al-Humaira please do share that Hadith.
JazakaAllaah khair sister for the wonderful thread!:)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am making supplication that Allah subhana talla gives me the strength to be able to fast. I ask for your dua.

sarahlou

This will be my first Ramadan and I am so EXCITED!! Alhamdulillah. I have started what I am now calling my pre game ( which is fasting every thursday Insha Allah so I can get the hang of fasting). I can't wait to go to the Masjid and break fast with my sisters. Insha Allah it will be so nice to be around other muslims. Wow I am so geeked out about Ramadan. :D

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
This will be my first Ramadan and I am so EXCITED!! Alhamdulillah. I have started what I am now calling my pre game ( which is fasting every thursday Insha Allah so I can get the hang of fasting). I can't wait to go to the Masjid and break fast with my sisters. Insha Allah it will be so nice to be around other muslims. Wow I am so geeked out about Ramadan. :D

:hearts: soo beautiful to see your post and how haapppy you're :D alhamdulillaah!
I am haaappy for you too....you had me smilling as I read this! mashaAllaah, tabarakaAllaah!:)
I know Iftaar with the sisters! is FUN! subhanaAllaah. I remember i met a new Revert sister last ramadan...and that ramdan happened to be her first! it was exciting....I know excatly how you feel:):D mashAllaah, tabarakaAllaah:D
*hug* I am soo haapppppy for you, inshaAllaah you'll experiance the best of feelings you ever had! subhanaAllaah, especially taraweh prayers where you'll be able to see all Muslims praying together:D ya Allaah, thats like Hajj in another dimmension lol.....it's absolutely great to experience it! subhanaAllaah:D
aaaww, now I am all thinking about ramadan! and getting supper excited:hearts:
heheh, alhamdulillaah!

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaykum sister sarahlou,

That's great.. Congratulations ! Alhamdulillah. Fasting for the first time is definitely something that you remember for a long time.

Here's a comprehensive thread about Ramadan by one of our moderator sisters :

70 Matters Related to Fasting (Ramadhan)

And remember to make lots & lots of dua before you break your fast.

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said "Three supplications will not be rejected (by Allah (SWT)), the supplication of the parent for his child, the supplication of the one who is fasting, and the supplication of the traveler." [al-Bayhaqi, at-Tirmidhi - Sahih]

The prophet (SAW) declared, 'Three men whose dua is never rejected (by Allah) are: the fasting person until he breaks his fast (in another narration, when he breaks fast), the just ruler and the one who is oppressed.'[Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi - Hasan]

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi