Hadith Hadith

Abu Juwairiya

Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "All of my community will enter the Garden except those who refuse." He was asked, "Who are those who refuse, Messenger of Allah?"

He said, "Those who obey me will enter the Garden and those who disobey me refuse." [Bukhari]

Abu Juwairiya

Abu Musa reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The example of the guidance and knowledge with which Allah has sent me is like the abundant rain which strikes the earth. Some of it is fertile and accepts the water and brings forth plants and grass in abundance. Some of it is hard and holds the water enabling Allah to let people use it. They drink from it, water their animals and irrigate. Some of the land it strikes is level and barren and does not retain the water nor produce plants.

The first is the example of someone who understands the Deen of Allah and benefits from that with which Allah has sent me and learns and teaches. The last is the example of the person who pays no attention to it and does not accept the guidance with which I have been sent." (Bukhari & Muslim)

Abu Juwairiya

Jabir reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The metaphor of me and you is that of a man who lights a fire and the grasshoppers and moths begin to fall into it and he chases them away from it. I pull you by your belts back from the Fire while you are doing your best to slip from my hand." [Muslim]

Abu Juwairiya

Jabir said, "While the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was delivering an address, his eyes would become red, he would raise his voice and he would become very angry until he was like someone admonishing an army.

He would say, "(Guard youselves against attack) in the morning and the evening.' He would say, 'I have been sent at a time when I and the Last Hour are like these two,' and he joined together his index finger and middle finger.' He would say, 'Following on from that: the best speech is the Book of Allah. The best guidance is the guidance of Muhammad, may Allah bless him and grant him peace.

The worst of matters are the new ones, and every innovation is misguidance.' Then he would say, 'I am more entitled to every believer than his own self. Whoever leaves property, it is for his family. Whoever leaves a debt or family, it is for me and on me." [Muslim] Al-'Irbad Ibn Sariyya

Abu Juwairiya

The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'Anyone who creates a good Sunnah in Islam has its reward and the reward of whoever does it after him without that decreasing his reward in any way. Anyone who creates a bad Sunnah in Islam bears its burden and the burden of whoever acts by it after him without that decreasing his burden in any way." [Muslim]

Abu Juwairiya

Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Anyone who calls people to guidance has the same reward as that received by those who follow it, without that decreasing their reward in any way.

Anyone who calls people to misguidance, is attributed with wrong actions the same as those of those who follow it, without that decreasing their wrong actions in any way." [Muslim]

Abu Juwairiya

Ibn Mas'ud reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "There is no Prophet sent by Allah to a community before me who did not have disciples in his community and companions, who took on his Sunnah and obeyed his command. Then after them successors followed who said things they did not do and did things they were not ordered to do.

All who fought against them with their hands were believers, all who fought against them with their tongues were believers and all who fought against them in their hearts were believers. There is not a mustard-seed's worth of belief beyond that.'" [Muslim]

Abu Juwairiya

Umm al-Mu'minin, Umm al-Hakim Zaynab bint Jahsh reported that once the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, became upset and said, "There is no god but Allah. Woe to the Arabs from an evil which is drawing near!

An opening has been made in the wall of Ya'juj and Ma'juj like this," and he made a circle with his thumb and forefinger.

I said, "O Messenger of Allah, will we be destroyed when the righteous are among us?" He said, "Yes, if there is a lot of wickedness." (Bukhari & Muslim)

Abu Juwairiya

Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Beware of sitting in the roadways." They said, "Messenger of Allah. we must have places where we can sit and talk together."

The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "If you must sit there, then give the roadway its rights."

They asked, "What are the rights of the roadway, Messenger of Allah?" He said, "Lowering the eye, refraining from causing annoyance, returning the greeting, commanding the right and forbidding the wrong." (Bukhari & Muslim)

Abu Juwairiya

Hudhayfa reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "By the One in whose hand my self is, you should command the right and forbid the wrong, or else Allah is very likely to send down on you retribution from Him. Then you will call on Him and He will not answer you." [Muslim]

Abu Juwairiya

HASAD (DESTRUCTIVE JEALOUSY) CAUSES A GREAT DEAL OF HARM
IN THIS WORLD & IN THE HEREAFTER

Al-Tirmidhi narrated from al-Zubayr ibn al-‘Awaam that the Prophet (SAW) said: “There has come to you the disease of the nations before you, jealousy and hatred. This is the ‘shaver’ (destroyer); I do not say that it shaves hair, but that it shaves (destroys) faith.

By the One in Whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter Paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I not tell you of that which will strengthen love between you? Spread (the greeting of) salaam amongst yourselves.” [A hasan hadeeth. Jaami’ al-Tirmidhi, 2434].

Concerning the meaning of the phrase “it shaves (destroys) faith”, al-Tayyibi said: “i.e., hatred takes away faith like a razor takes away hair.” [Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi bi Sharh Jaami’ al-Tirmidhi].

Abu Juwairiya

The Prophet (peace be upon him) explained to us about revelation and its likeness to rain that falls from the sky to the Earth.

And there are 3 kinds of reactions.

1. The lands that absorbs the rain and plant life comes out of it just like the revelation enters and gives life to the heart.

Not only the Earth itself is beautiful but it also continues to benefit the people from its produce.
They are like the people who learn the knowledge of this Book, the Qur'an; they internalize its teachings, live according to it and also teach it to others.

2. A land that does not absorb the rain but it retains the water, as puddles and lakes form.

It does not benefit itself but it remains as a supply for people and animals to drink from.
Those who learn from the Book but they do not apply it themselves; they still teach it to others so some good come out of them.

3. A land that has no use at at all as it does not allow water to pass in. If it does absorb, only shrubs and harmful plants with thorns grow out of it. It has no benefit and even animals are scared of it.
Those of whom whether you give the Qur'an or not, nothing changes in their life at all.

The Qur'an distinguishes between these people.

"By the sky which returns [rain]"
"And [by] the earth which cracks open,"
"Indeed, the Qur'an is a decisive statement," {Surah At-Tariq 86: Verse 11-13}

Abu Juwairiya

Narrated by Abu Musa: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "The example of guidance and knowledge with which Allah has sent me is like abundant rain falling on the earth, some of which was fertile soil that absorbed rain water and brought forth vegetation and grass in abundance. (And) another portion of it was hard and held the rain water and Allah benefited the people with it and they utilized it for drinking, making their animals drink from it and for irrigation of the land for cultivation. (And) a portion of it was barren which could neither hold the water nor bring forth vegetation (then that land gave no benefits).

The first is the example of the person who comprehends Allah's religion and gets benefit (from the knowledge) which Allah has revealed through me (the Prophets and learns and then teaches others. The last example is that of a person who does not care for it and does not take Allah's guidance revealed through me (He is like that barren land.)" [Bukhari]

Abu Juwairiya

“By Allah, it is not poverty about which I fear for you, but I fear in your case that (the worldly) riches may be given to you as were given to those who had gone before you, and that you begin to vie with one another for them as they vied for them, and that they may destroy you as they destroyed them.” (Al-Bukhari)

Abu Juwairiya

"Whoever recites a letter from the Book of Allah, he will be credited with a good deed, and a good deed gets a ten-fold reward." (Tirmidhi)

Abu Juwairiya

"Men accustomed to cursing (cussing, swear words, etc.) will not be intercessors or witnesses on the Day of Resurrection." (Muslim)

Abu Juwairiya

"Whenever the Messenger of Allah (Sallalaho Alahe Wasallam) was happy, his face would shine as if it was a piece of the moon." [Bukhari]

Abu Juwairiya

Jabir reported: The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said, “When you have finished your (Fard) Salat (prayer) in the mosque, you should observe some of your (Sunnah and Nawafil) Salat at home; Allah will bless your homes because of your Salat (in your homes).” (Muslim)

Abu Juwairiya

The Prophet (SAW) said that the believer is a positive thinker and not a negative thinker.

To further emphasize that quality, he quoted Allah as saying,

“I am as my servant thinks of Me.” (Sahih Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)