Buying a Property down Saudi Arabia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globalpeace

Banned
Saudia marrying Non-Saudees!

Asslamo Allaikum,

There are instances where Saudi women have married Non-Saudees but it is extremely rare!

Where Saudi women have married Non-Saudees it is usually Arabs (for obvious cultural and linguistic reasons). I don’t know of ANY examples of a Saudi woman marrying an Asian inside Saudia but that doesn't mean that it hasn't happened; and if you are a Pakistani or a Bangali; there is more of a chance of hell freezing over.

I personally wouldn't marry a Saudi woman & then Live in Saudia; the amount of abuse we (me, her & kids) would get would be unreal.

I know of Saudi woman marrying Asians in US but not in Saudia!

is your friend an arab??
It doesnt matter if u are born there , like bro GP said race matters...
Do u think the sheikhs there would marry their daughter off to a non-arab..:SMILY286:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Isnt Saudees Asian.., akhi...?
I think sometimes, we have to accept the reality..and concentrate on other matters which are of importance rather than chasing for citizenship...:shake:

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Asslamo Allaikum,

There are instances where Saudi women have married Non-Saudees but it is extremely rare!

Where Saudi women have married Non-Saudees it is usually Arabs (for obvious cultural and linguistic reasons). I don’t know of ANY examples of a Saudi woman marrying an Asian inside Saudia but that doesn't mean that it hasn't happened; and if you are a Pakistani or a Bangali; there is more of a chance of hell freezing over.

:salam2:

lol:SMILY153:

:wasalam:

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Asslamo Allaikum,

You can start a business there, Insha'Allah.
:)

How's that? Wouldn't I need to obtain some property to start my business on? Rent?

Anyways, I'm not the business type of person. More like the marry-a-lady-millionaire-and-never-have-to-work-ever type of guy!! :p

So, what's this business idea you got?? I'm all ears. :SMILY149:

Salam alaikum.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
How's that? Wouldn't I need to obtain some property to start my business on? Rent?

Anyways, I'm not the business type of person. More like the marry-a-lady-millionaire-and-never-have-to-work-ever type of guy!! :p

So, what's this business idea you got?? I'm all ears. :SMILY149:

Salam alaikum.

lol....:SMILY149:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

...u realise u would be broke anyway? cos a lady doesnt have to share her wealth, its all hers, according to shariah...u didnt know that did u brother? :D

massi

assalamo 3alaikom

I advice you to go to sd and wpking there for amoment than you can decide and you'll more information about the life in kd suadi and you can try emirat
i hope it's easy than saudi .:SMILY149:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

Well i guess its too difficult to live in Saudi, although there are other countries. Lol at sister Isra (me thinks dna got clamped). :)

Wasalam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

That would be really great. Pure and clean. Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

Going off topic, you know what a really cool job would be? Caretaker at Masjid Al-Haram in Makkah. Honestly, you could pray their 5 times a day. Perhaps a good "retirement job" when (& if, inshAllah) I get old. Salam alaikum.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
...u realise u would be broke anyway? cos a lady doesnt have to share her wealth, it all hers, according to shariah...u didnt know that did u brother? :D

Actually, I'm well aware of that (read it in soo many different places, specially with all the different questions asked on islamqa) - I just can't imagine a wife who wouldn't look after her poor, loving husband, specially when she already has millions of dollars. Surely there is a Muslim lady who is financially very secure, and just in need of emotional support - this is where I enter the picture.

This idea has a better chance of working than the marry-Saudi-get-citizenship idea has of working. Bro GlobalPeace stated the odds of that being succesful earlier. Heartbreaking news!! Lol.

Going off topic, you know what a really cool job would be? Caretaker at Masjid Al-Haram in Makkah. Honestly, you could pray their 5 times a day. Perhaps a good "retirement job" when (& if, inshAllah) I get old. Salam alaikum.

Globalpeace

Banned
Contracting in Haramain during Hajj & Ramadhan

Asslamo Allaikum,

Saudi government gives a 3 month contract for cleaning both Harams (Makkah & Madina) and filling Zamzam Water-coolers.

You go in Ramadhan and you come back after Hajj.

There are no priorities written down but from speaking to people who have worked there, I have heard that:

• Retired Pakistan Army personnel are preferred since many terrorist incidents have been taken care of swiftly and rapidly like this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Mosque_Seizure
• Bangalees
• Anyone else

That’s why you see so many Ex-Pakistan Army people in both Harams!

Hurry up! Because most people work voluntarily as MOST people will jump at the chance of filling Zamzam for Hajees!

I don't know HOW you would go about applying for the contract from the West!

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
That's pretty stink. Shouldn't citizenship requirements be met by being a Muslim?

How come the "Islamic State" is limiting the place to only people of one nationality? That hardly seems fair (or allowed).

Salam alaikum.

I heard that the only way you can obtain Saudi citizenship is by marrying a Saudi man, whose children will also have the right to be Saudi. A Saudi woman can not pass on her citizenship to a foreign man, however (many, if not most, Arab countries do not allow a woman to pass on her citizenship to either their husband or children). Come to think of it, I don't even think that Saudi women are allowed to marry non-Saudi men - at least not 'allowed' socially, that is.

There are cases in which people are born and raised in Saudi, and live there all their lives, but because their parents (fathers!) aren't Saudi, they are not Saudi either.

I don't think it is possible for non-Saudis to actually buy property, although there may be some cities in which they can.

In the neighbouring UAE, which I have personal experience of living in, the nationality situation is identical. I think it is more acceptable for Emirati women to marry foreigners than it is in Saudi, but it's still pretty rare, and when it does happen, it's always fellow Khaleeji men in every single case I know of. I know a girl who was born in UAE, has an Emirati mother, but still can't get Emirati citizenship (because her dad is Bahraini). Foreigners are only allowed to buy property in Dubai (although when I was about to leave, there were talks of this changing a little to include a couple more areas).

That's just how things work in that part of the world! Ironically, some of the Gulf States are incredibly easy to enter, and stay/work long-term, but obtaining citizenship - or even a permit that is absolutely permanent - is as good as impossible.

Remember that these countries often have some very generous welfare provisions for its citizens (e.g. the 'marriage fund' in UAE). Naturally, they don't splash this money about uncecessarily!

Also remember that (as far as I know), it's illegal to hold more than one passport if you're a Saudi citizen.

Globalpeace

Banned
Saudi Bureaucracy & Saudi Laws!

Asslamo Allaikum,

Both of the above have been criticised by Islamic Scholars (Saudi Al-Lujna/Volume 4 [I think] & Non-Saudi).

Shaykh Bin-Baaz (RA) and others have said that there are certain laws in Saudi which DON’T conform to Qur’aan/Sunnah and they have written about them to the rulers and have always given Naseeha (advice)

I think we should close this thread now because the Sister has got her answers & this topic is EXPLOSIVE!

Saudia is a controversial country, that is to say it politely and mildly and it produces a lot of emotions in the hearts and minds of Muslims (good & bad) and a forum is the wrong place to discuss them.

Status
Not open for further replies.