marriage questions

konrad16660

If someone reverted to Islam what is the situation with marriage?
How old should one be?
And how do you go about having a marriage that isn't harem as far as the arrangement aspects.
can you become friends with a girl that is muslim, before you marry?
Can you get to know them on the internet?
I am confused.
Thanks for any help.=)

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
How old should one be?
And how do you go about having a marriage that isn't harem as far as the arrangement aspects.
I am confused.
Thanks for any help.=)

:salam2:

as far as age goes... follow the laws of the land. the arrangements vary. you can ask your imam if he knows of any sisters that are seeking marriage. you can ask the brothers if they know of any women seeking marriage, since their wives may have single friends at the masjid whom they can introduce you to. girlfriends aren't permissible in islam, you can have a chaperoned get together with the intent of discussing marriage. but talking or hanging out alone is haram or at least discouraged. internet relationships are a very touchy subject. i myself am involved in one. however they are monitored. i email her and her wali as well, so he knows what were talikng about. that way it keeps us away from temptations.

island muslim

Salam (Peace)

Just one bit of advice to you dear konrad.... NEVER revert to being a muslim for marriage but rather be a muslim cause you FIRMLY beleive in ISLAM and submit yourself to your creator! :)

konrad16660

Salam (Peace)

Just one bit of advice to you dear konrad.... NEVER revert to being a muslim for marriage but rather be a muslim cause you FIRMLY beleive in ISLAM and submit yourself to your creator! :)

This is somthing that I understand. I don't have any reservation to any woman for marriage that is muslim. I have not reverted yet because I am still on my journey for enlightenment. I have found a lot of peace in Islam though. Its like a diamond in the rough, because before I looked into it, I was never really told anything good about it. I chose to independantly look into it, and its one of the best choices I feel I have ever made....or was it fate? Anyways looking into a different religion, I want to know everything about it if I was to revert. I seek Islam solely for my own soul, not for marriage or anything else. I must say again though, Thank you all for being so helpful and understanding!!!
peace be with you all =)

danial

dear brother konrad, once you revert or IF you do revert,insyallah, please post a new thread with CAPITAL LETTERS "I'VE DECIDED TO JOIN ISLAM".. or at least something along those lines.

that will be a very happy day for many of us as we have all read your posts. on top of that, we care about you:)

bye!

Globalpeace

Banned
Mr Right & Ms Perfect!

Konrad,

Insha'Allah you Revert to Islam & marriage stuff can be sorted later.

There are plenty of people (Brothers/Sisters) in the same situation as you (i.e. looking) and you just contact your local Mosque or Muslims that you know & the rest can be arranged; no problemo!

All the normal stuff which you are used to outside of Islam still applies i.e. you should find someone that you are happy with, click with and vice-versa!
Age? Well that depends on you & her, really…Just like a relationship anywhere else…If you two agree then, fine….Its entirely yours & her business!

You can communicate with a Sister (who you are interested in) in the presence of someone to ascertain compatibility etc. that keeps both of you safe!

I think there is nothing that we are saying which you don’t already know except that dating/courting is HARAM (impermissible)!

Personally speaking, dating and living together forever BEFORE marrying is no guarantee of success, else everyone in the West would be happily married!

In Islam you grow with your spouse and you are commanded to overlook their faults, be forgiving and merciful towards each other as no one is perfect!

Love transcends relationships and you care for someone for who & what they are!

Crush dies in 3 months!

Mr Right & Ms Perfect ONLY exist in Soaps!

How old should one be?
I am confused.
Thanks for any help.=)

Globalpeace

Banned
Mr "Nearly" Right & Ms "Nearly" Perfect

Asslamo Allaikum,

Mr "Nearly" Right follows the Qur'aan & Sunnah and lives his life according to these three Ahadeeth in the household!

The best among you is he who is best for his family. For my family, I am the best of all of you." (Ibn Majah)

"No man should hate a believing women, for if there is any habit of hers that displease him, there will be some other habit of hers which please him.Muslim

"The most perfect man of religion is one who excels in character. The best among you is he who gives the best treatment to his womenfolk.-At-Tirmidhi​

Ms "Nearly" Perfect follows the Qur'aan & Sunnah and lives her life according to the following hadeeth in the household!

Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Any woman dies while her husband is pleased with her, she will enter Jannah". [At-Tirmidhi].​

When Mr "Nearly" Right & Ms "Nearly" Perfect meet up and get married, they aim to achieve this:

Among His signs is [the fact] that He has created spouses for you among yourselves so that you may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has planted love and mercy between you; In that are signs for people who reflect. (20:31)

And the believers, men and women, are protecting friends of one another; they enjoin the right and forbid the wrong, and they establish worship and they pay the poor-due, and they obey Allah and His messenger; as for those, Allah will have mercy on them; Lo! Allah is Mighty, Wise. Allah hath promised to believers - men and women - gardens underwhich rivers flow, to dwell therein, and beautiful mansions in gardens of everlasting bliss; but the greatest bliss is the good pleasure of Allah: This is the supreme felicity. (9:71)​

When Mr "Nearly" Right & Ms "Nearly" Perfect can't work it out, they don't go through extensive & expensive legal battles; they remember:

"Then keep them in all decency or part from them decently. It is not lawful for you to take anything you have given them" (2:229).​

But above-all; Mr "Nearly" Right & Ms "Nearly" Perfect always remember the "Nearly" bit in their titles and NEVER lose sight of it!

On the authority of Abu Dharr Al-Ghafari, of the prophet is that among the sayings he relates from his Lord is that He said:
"O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another.
O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you. O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you.
O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and you will not attain benefiting Me so as to benefit Me. O my servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to become as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more than a needle decreases the sea if put into it.
O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him who finds good praise Allah, and let him who finds other than that blame no one but himself."
related by Muslim.

On the authority of Anas, who said: I heard the messenger of Allah say: Allah the Almighty has said: "O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as its." related by Al-Tirmithi, who said that it was a good and sound Hadith.​