is it authentic?
please provide us the proof.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
wa alaykkum salaam

jazak Allahu khyir brother :)

is it authentic?
please provide us the proof.

Al-Bukhari reported in his Sahih that Abu Said Al-Khudri, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) told the companions: "Are you not able to read a third of the Qur'an in one night? They found this very difficult and replied that nobody amongst us can do so. Then the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "Allah, The One, the Self sufficient "Surah Qul Huwa Allahu Ahad equals a third of the Qur'an."

'Abdullah ibn 'Abbas (radhiallahu anho) narrates that the Prophet Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: The Surah Al-Zilzal is equal to the half of the Holy Qur'an, the Surah Al-Ikhlas is equal to the one third of the Holy Qur'an and the Surah Al-Kafiroon is equal to the one fourth of the Holy Qur'an.
(Tirmidhi: 2894)

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Al-Bukhari reported in his Sahih that Abu Said Al-Khudri, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) told the companions: "Are you not able to read a third of the Qur'an in one night? They found this very difficult and replied that nobody amongst us can do so. Then the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "Allah, The One, the Self sufficient "Surah Qul Huwa Allahu Ahad equals a third of the Qur'an."

'Abdullah ibn 'Abbas (radhiallahu anho) narrates that the Prophet Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: The Surah Al-Zilzal is equal to the half of the Holy Qur'an, the Surah Al-Ikhlas is equal to the one third of the Holy Qur'an and the Surah Al-Kafiroon is equal to the one fourth of the Holy Qur'an.
(Tirmidhi: 2894)

:salam2:
ya akhi,

jazak Allahu khyir for your patient and prompt reply. :)

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
jazak allah khair, we should not wait for the holidays to do this. rather we should do this before sleeping every night! May Alla swt help us all!!!
wasalam.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
:ma:I did not know about surah Zalzalah being one fourth of the Quran, learned something new today, alhamdullilah!

Jazakallahu Khairan!:hijabi:

LaLa09

♥Amor vincit omnia♥
:salam2:,

reward of reciting Surah Kafiroon : 1/4 of Quran

reward of reciting Surah Ikhlas : 1/3 of Quran

reward of reciting Surah Zalzalah : 1/2 of Quran

reward of reciting Surah Takathur : 1000 verses of Quran

:)

Manshallah, those simple easy suras have so much weight! Allahu Akbar!

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Saalam Alaikum

Jazakum Allahu khair for shring brother....
I've just recited these surahs..and may Allah reward me and all with the rewards..and may Allah reward you twice for sharing and for reciting

Baraka-llahu feekum
wassalamu alaikum

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum!

When I saw the title of the thread, I really thought you were going to post something about measurements:)
But Masha'allah! very beneficial info- May Allah swt reward you with the best for sharing this.Aameen