10 oppressors

halah

:salam2: :hijabi:
From the Book Tanbeeh al-Ghafileen by Imam as-Samarqandi;

Sufyan ath-Thauri, may Allah have mercy on him, said that ten people are regarded as oppressors:

1-The person who prays for himself, but forgets his parents and other believers.

2-The person who does not recite at least a hundred verses of the Qur’an daily.

3-The person who leaves the Masjid without performing at least two raka’ahs of salah.

4-The person who passes a graveyard without greeting the deceased or praying for them.

5-The person who enters a city on a Friday and leaves without performing the Friday prayer.

6-That man or woman in whose vicinity a learned person comes and none acquires any religious knowledge from him.

7-Those two people who love each other for the pleasure of Allah but are unaware of each others names.

8-That person who is invited by another but does not accept his invitation (when acceptance does not contradict the Shari`ah).

9-That youngster that has no commitments yet does not acquire any religious knowledge or manners.

10-That person who has eaten to his fill while his neighbour goes hungry.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam Sister,

May the Blessings of Allah be upon you, for indeed you have made a difference in my day.

qadra-sagal

Asalamu aleykum

May the Blessings of Allah be upon you, and reward you to janna fardosa ameen.Those words has touch in my heart Jazakallah khair sister

halah

:salam2:
:ma: beautiful reminders!! jazakallahu Khairan for sharing!!

May the Blessings of Allah be upon you, and reward you to janna fardosa ameen.Those words has touch in my heart Jazakallah khair sister

May Allah bestow His blessings upon you aboundantly and fill your life with good deeds,I hope my humble participation can benefit any muslim and May Allah accept.:tti_sister:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

Jazakallah Khair for this. Alhamdulilah great reminders.

Inshallah we will be granted Jannat.

Wasalam

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
By "recite" it means read, right? In English

Because I am SUCH a long way off of being able to do it in Arabic. Even with transliteration.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

This thread was very beneficial and deserves to be looked at. Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

halah

:salam2: :tti_sister: May the Mercy of Allah be with you and all your family:hijabi: :wasalam:

May Allah accept your Du'aa and bestow His Mercy on you and all the brothers and sisters here.:SMILY139:

Asalaamu'Alykum,

This thread was very beneficial and deserves to be looked at. Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

Jazaka Allah khair,the book ''Tanbeeh al Ghafleen'' by imam As-Samarqandi is very beneficial.

Allahu_Hassbi

Wonderful reminder.
Barak Allahu Khaira ya Ukhthi.
I have already forwarded the same to all my frnds.
May Allah SWT guide us all.Allahumma Ameen.

:wasalam:

halah

Wa Alaykum Asaalamu Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu/Asaalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu
Jazakallah khair sister halah for sharing this inspiring reminder ,indeed it is very beneficial.:D
May allah(swt) prevent us from being oppressors and guide us throughout our lives inshallah.Ameen.
Wa Alaykum Asaalamu Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu

Wonderful reminder.
Barak Allahu Khaira ya Ukhthi.
I have already forwarded the same to all my frnds.
May Allah SWT guide us all.Allahumma Ameen.

:wasalam:

Jazakum Allah khair and may Allah benefit us all of what we learn.:tti_sister:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alykum,

Amazing isn't it - this thread was useful all that time ago and today it will be more beneficial to the new and old users.

May Allah reward you for this thread. Aameen.

Walaykum Salam

aisha.x.20

ooh i didnt know any of that. i fort islam was all bout prayin all the time..well as often n as mych as u can...well most of it is common sense i gues?

abowt number 4 n 7 tho...

whats the prayer for greetin the deceased? i pass gravyrds often when im out visitin so i shud pray now that i no eh?

and i dont understand what num 7 means? cunfuddled..so please tell

thankshush.*!*!*!x

halah

Assalaamu'Alykum,

Amazing isn't it - this thread was useful all that time ago and today it will be more beneficial to the new and old users.

May Allah reward you for this thread. Aameen.

Walaykum Salam

Jazaka Allah khair brother Ditta, you still recall this thread,every while and then you bring it up,may Allah reward you.

ooh i didnt know any of that. i fort islam was all bout prayin all the time..well as often n as mych as u can...well most of it is common sense i gues?

abowt number 4 n 7 tho...

whats the prayer for greetin the deceased? i pass gravyrds often when im out visitin so i shud pray now that i no eh?

and i dont understand what num 7 means? cunfuddled..so please tell

thankshush.*!*!*!x

How are you sister,I hope you're doing well

With regard to no 4,prayer here means supplications,

Buraidah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) used to teach them (i.e., the Companions) whenever they came out to visit the graveyard to say: "As-salamu `alaikum ahlad-diyyari minal-Mu'minina wal-Muslimina, wa inna in sha' Allahu bikum lahiqun. As'alul-laha lana wa-lakumul- `afiyyah (May you be safe, O inmates of the abodes of the believers and the Muslims, and if Allah pleases, we shall follow you, we pray to Allah for well-being for ourselves and for you).''
[Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith has a provision for a believer to visit the graveyard and to pray for his dead relatives, because the prayer of the living benefits the departed souls.

For no 7 , For instance if two persons used to pray in the same masjed for long time but they didn't pay any attention to know the names of each other,this can be considered of oppression and Allah knows best.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member

Jazaka Allah khair brother Ditta, you still recall this thread,every while and then you bring it up,may Allah reward you.

Walaykum Salam,

There is two reasons for this:

1) As long as i live, i will never forget the fact to try and recite 100 verses of the Qur'an everyday, so i won't oppress myself.

2) And, loving a brother for the sake of Allah - i will make sure to find out his name.

May Allah reward you. Aameen.

Aslam Alaikum Dear Sister

Sufyan ath-Thauri, may Allah have mercy on him, said that ten people are regarded as oppressors:

1-The person who prays for himself, but forgets his parents and other believers.

3-The person who leaves the Masjid without performing at least two raka’ahs of salah.

4-The person who passes a graveyard without greeting the deceased or praying for them.

5-The person who enters a city on a Friday and leaves without performing the Friday prayer.

6-That man or woman in whose vicinity a learned person comes and none acquires any religious knowledge from him.

7-Those two people who love each other for the pleasure of Allah but are unaware of each others names.

8-That person who is invited by another but does not accept his invitation (when acceptance does not contradict the Shari`ah).

9-That youngster that has no commitments yet does not acquire any religious knowledge or manners.

This is very nice and I appreciate you. This will bring change in my life, because we don't considering to these kind talks. Because these are very important. We should follow and act on. May Allah bless you with Iman and with comfortable life.:mashallah:

Musulmanin

These are good reminders. Is it a hadeeth?

but who is Sufyan ath-Thauri?