124-old Saudi performs Hajj 95 times..

ARMANI

DUBAI (AlArabiya.net)

Medhas Al-Rashidi is a 124- year old Saudi man, who performed his 95th hajj (pilgrimage) this year, hitting a distinguished record that makes him feel more comfort and peace of mind every time he carries out Islam’s fifth pillar.

"Good faith and honorable deeds makes one's life longer," the Saudi man says proudly.

Medhas, who is about to join the Guinness World Records, commented on the difference between pilgrimage now and the past: "The number of pilgrims in the past didn't exceed a couple of thousands. Now they're over 3 million. This shows how the government is doing its best to facilitate pilgrimage for all Muslims from all over the world."

Medhas has been performing hajj every year in the company of prominent scholars and preachers. Lately, he has carried out the annual religious ritual with the Kingdom's mufti, Saudi newspaper Al-Riyadh reported.

"I do that for thawab (reward from God) and to end my life in a peaceful way."

dT180252.jpg

Medhas was born 15 years before the conquest of Riyadh: "I went to pilgrimage with King Abdul-Aziz (founder of the Kingdom), and my dad was killed during the conquest of the Kingdom."

Medhas married three times and he has seven children.

Muslims should perform Hajj once at least in a life time if they physically and financially can afford it.

meer suhail

ILM seeker
:salam2:

:ma:

wow ,,,,,,,its like most of us wish and wonder if we can do it once in our life ............INSHA`ALLAH ,,,,,,wow ,

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
:mashallah:to live that long!! Its truly a blessing!! My great grandmother lived to be 101 years old, no record though!!:)Alhamdullilah on performing Hajj 95 times, but the question that comes to my mind is maybe he could have allowed others to perform Hajj who could not afford to, Allah knows best. May Allah accept it from him, ameen!!:tti_sister::tti_sister: