1st Female to be convicted for terrorism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masria

Besides it is politics that has the world hating Muslims. The media has brainwashed the world. And we all know who owns the media.

So do you believe that western politics and the media are responsible for Islamic radicalism/terrorism, for a Muslim President calling for the destruction of nations and oppression of non Muliims, for the treatment of Muslim women in some Muslim countries, for women being gang raped by order of sharia courts in Pakistan, Afghani women dying in their homes because they don't have their husbands permission to go to hospital, Muslim rape victims being legally murdered in Africa, girls dying in Egypt because they have their clitoris cut out without anaesthetic, etc, etc, etc?

Just curious as to when you think Muslims may be at least somewhat responsible for the current reputation of Islam and the Ummah?

Salaam

dianek

So do you believe that western politics and the media are responsible for Islamic radicalism/terrorism, for a Muslim President calling for the destruction of nations and oppression of non Muliims, for the treatment of Muslim women in some Muslim countries, for women being gang raped by order of sharia courts in Pakistan, Afghani women dying in their homes because they don't have their husbands permission to go to hospital, Muslim rape victims being legally murdered in Africa, girls dying in Egypt because they have their clitoris cut out without anaesthetic, etc, etc, etc?

Just curious as to when you think Muslims may be at least somewhat responsible for the current reputation of Islam and the Ummah?

Salaam

I love that you are asking your brothers and sisters to step up and recognize there are perversions by "muslims" and that them simply saying "we aren't responsible for this?" It is kind of like the African Americans here......they were slaves what like over 100 and some years ago and you have some 18 year olds murdering people and saying it is because there people were slaves so they aren't responsible, they were oppressed.......that really P!sses me off.......step up and own it........and then FIX it!

Masria

step up and own it........and then FIX it!

This is the key to so many of the worlds problems in my opinion. Yes we Muslims must do this and the Americans need to do the same regarding the Iraq war, their unconditional support of Israel against the Palestinians and their constant scaremongering about Islam. When both sides stop blindly blaming each other and take responsibility for their actions then the world might be able to move forward in a constructive way inshallah.

We should take an example from Germany. The Nazi's were one of the most brutal regimes in the world but after the war Germany owned the reponsibility of their countries actions and have moved forward to form a strong and constructive country.

We keep hearing about this 'global community' but I am yet to see it from either side.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

We are talking two different languages. So let us remain on one topic. I posted a topic on the release of 14 Saudi's from Gunatanamo. Please take the time to read. Not one was involved in the "terrorist" plots.
I am stating that the western media is in bed with western politics. That is the truth. I am not going to educate you on who the owners of the media are. But case in point. Do you really believe anything written in the NY Times?
Did you not read my post on the media cutting and pasting the 911 footage? Why do you think that the media is not covering Iraq anymore..or were you unaware that the major news channels decided the American public did not need to know and it is too expensive to cover?
And as a Muslim, I have to state, write, think , and act with the knowledge that there is nothing wrong with Islam. Islam is perfect. However, Muslims are humans and that is another topic.

In the western world teenage girls are raped by the boyfriends of their mothers, young boys are sodomized by priests, males are allowed to marry men and women are allowed to marry women...people with broken bones are refused services at the hospitals because they do not have insurance...soliders with post truamatic stress syndrome are sent back to Iraq...soliders with massive injuries have to pay for their food while in the hospital etc.etc, etc..

If we feel the west is right we are in trouble. We must learn to trust Muslims.

dianek

Salaam,

We are talking two different languages. So let us remain on one topic. I posted a topic on the release of 14 Saudi's from Gunatanamo. Please take the time to read. Not one was involved in the "terrorist" plots.
I am stating that the western media is in bed with western politics. That is the truth. I am not going to educate you on who the owners of the media are. But case in point. Do you really believe anything written in the NY Times?
Did you not read my post on the media cutting and pasting the 911 footage? Why do you think that the media is not covering Iraq anymore..or were you unaware that the major news channels decided the American public did not need to know and it is too expensive to cover?
And as a Muslim, I have to state, write, think , and act with the knowledge that there is nothing wrong with Islam. Islam is perfect. However, Muslims are humans and that is another topic.

In the western world teenage girls are raped by the boyfriends of their mothers, young boys are sodomized by priests, males are allowed to marry men and women are allowed to marry women...people with broken bones are refused services at the hospitals because they do not have insurance...soliders with post truamatic stress syndrome are sent back to Iraq...soliders with massive injuries have to pay for their food while in the hospital etc.etc, etc..

If we feel the west is right we are in trouble. We must learn to trust Muslims.

I don't think some of your points on America are correct....I think if the American public knew what is going on, really in Palestine, you find them lining streets against Israel. ALSO.....there is free health care here, it's called medicaid......there are community hospitals that you can go to for services.....I think there is somewhat a large misrepresentation of the America I know and what the world is thinking of us. They stopped putting so much info about Iraq on the news because they are failing and they screwed up and rather than say so, the GOVERNMENT is covering their mess. The public here KNOWS that.......and the vast majority of Americans want out of Iraq, but are of the opinon that we messed the country up so we have to clean up the mess and help with stability.

I am American, I am proud.....I want the world to change as much as the next person but I know that the problem is much to large for ME or my neighbor to fix........

What is it that John Mayer sings......

me and all my friends
we're all misunderstood
they say we stand for nothing and
there's no way we ever could
now we see everything that's going wrong
with the world and those who lead it
we just feel like we don't have the means
to rise above and beat it

so we keep waiting
(waiting)
waiting on the world to change
we keep on waiting
(waiting)

it's hard to beat the system
when we're standing at a distance
so we keep waiting
(waiting)
now if we had the power
to bring our neighbors home from war
they would have never missed a Christmas
no more ribbons on their door
and when you trust your television

what you get is what you got
cause when they own the information, oh
they can bend it all they want
[ Waiting On The World To Change lyrics found on http://www.completealbumlyrics.com ]

that's why we're waiting
(waiting)
we keep on waiting
(waiting)

it's not that we don't care,
we just know that the fight ain't fair
so we keep on waiting
(waiting)

and we're still waiting
(waiting)
we keep on waiting
(waiting)
one day our generation
is gonna rule the population
so we keep on waiting
(waiting)

now we keep on waiting
(waiting)

waiting on the world to change(x4)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Please, please do not ever state what is wrong with the African American community. The African American community has the oldest Muslim population is the United States. The African American community has respected Islam always. The Islamic roots of many former slaves has been passed down into the common language of calling another brother or sister.
Please be very careful...my sons are half African American..and they are proud of their heritage...their forefathers built this country..please

As for the state of Germany...can a Muslim enjoy civil rights in Germany? Has Germany done anything to stop the craziness in the middle east? I do believe they will walk into a persons bedroom in the middle of the night and strip search you if they suspect you are a Muslim. I am not making this stuff up.

dianek

Salaam,

Please, please do not ever state what is wrong with the African American community. The African American community has the oldest Muslim population is the United States. The African American community has respected Islam always. The Islamic roots of many former slaves has been passed down into the common language of calling another brother or sister.
Please be very careful...my sons are half African American..and they are proud of their heritage...their forefathers built this country..please

As for the state of Germany...can a Muslim enjoy civil rights in Germany? Has Germany done anything to stop the craziness in the middle east? I do believe they will walk into a persons bedroom in the middle of the night and strip search you if they suspect you are a Muslim. I am not making this stuff up.

I am not saying anything AGAINST African Americans as a group, only those who use the struggles of their forefathers as an excuse for their poor choices in life.......I think in doing this they disgrace their forefathers.........please forgive me if I didn't communicate that correctly.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

If you are middle class in America and working many can not afford insurance but are above the medicaid cutoffs. Also medicaid is very complicated. I know, I was a social worker in Appalachia. I have been in hospitals and seen people being rejected.
The projects of Richmond are not a place to raise children. America will spend money on weapons and war but not money to feed its hungry or poor.

This thread is way off topic. Interestingly, www.antiwar.com is having a fundraiser. The webpage showed bombs over Theran.

Hey, moderators its time to close this one. I am getting a wee bit ...annoyed.
( and thanks for letting me educate folks a little..)

Masria

Where have you posted the information about Gitmo and the 911 footage? I have not seen it on this thread and I am really not very interested in conspiracy theories.

You state 'Islam is perfect' and of course I agree completely. However you then go on to say 'Muslims are humans and that is another topic', which suggests you accept that Muslims also do bad things. At the end of your post you say 'We must learn to trust Muslims' - which Muslims should we learn to trust? Do you see the contradiction? Perhaps we should learn to Islam and NOT Muslims per se.

Yes the west has many social problems but can you name a single western court that has ordered the gang rape, by court officials of course, of a woman for something her brother did?

The west has much to answer for but it does not remove guilt from the Ummah by simply pointing the finger elsewhere and burying our heads in the sand about our own wrongs. Girls and boys are raped in Muslim countries and because of the 'do not tell' attitude many Muslims have they avoid punishment in this life. I am constantly astonished and saddened when I hear Muslims claim none of these ills exist in our societies.

15 young schoolgirls were beaten with sticks back into a burning building in Saudi by the religious police, because they didn't have their faces covered. They all died. This story came from Arabic newspapers not western ones, so are they all liars too?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Once again as a Muslim I know not to trust the media. It sickens me when a Muslim will use the word "conspricay theory" and not even take the time to research. This automatically makes me not wish to communicate as I know this person is caught between two worlds. I have choosen Islam and will take a Muslim over any other.
Be careful. When we write we are willing to be questioned by He, Who we have bowed our wills to, He who is our Master, He who we Fear. May He, My Lord forgive me..if I have written that which is untrue. For I place My Trust in Him and Him alone.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Son you give me too much credit. Oh if only Brother GP were reading this!!!!
No, dear one I have been know to have had many many a post deleted. I have a great new thread to compose...and I have reached that magical age..I can say what I want...and do what I want...and on a more serious level..we have gone way way way off topic.
I will be glad to discuss anything else with you. But please read up first.

Masria

I have choosen Islam and will take a Muslim over any other.

I hope Osama bin Laden will make you very welcome, although as a woman you will of course have to keep your opinions to yourself.

When we write we are willing to be questioned by He, Who we have bowed our wills to, He who is our Master, He who we Fear. May He, My Lord forgive me..if I have written that which is untrue. For I place My Trust in Him and Him alone.

I am more than willing to submit my will and be questioned by Allah about my desire for peace and trying to teach people not to hate blindly but to question everything and accept responsibility for our own actions.

Salaam

Masria

Salaam,

Son you give me too much credit. Oh if only Brother GP were reading this!!!!
No, dear one I have been know to have had many many a post deleted. I have a great new thread to compose...and I have reached that magical age..I can say what I want...and do what I want...and on a more serious level..we have gone way way way off topic.
I will be glad to discuss anything else with you. But please read up first.

I do not think we have gone way off topic, I challenged your assumption that a person was innocent by virtue of being a Muslim and you have not given me any evidence to support that view. However, I accept you have tired of this discussion and I thank you for your comments.

Please stop patronising me, I am not your son but a 42 year old woman (I apologise for the username typing error it should say Masria but I cannot change it now). I have fought in 2 wars and lived on 4 continents. I realise that you see yourself as the older sister here and the wise one, I am not trying to offend you but trying to challenge your thinking as there are many young people on this forum and they may be easily swayed by your blind comments.

Isn't it wonderful when we get to that magical age that we can say anything we want!!!

Salaam

dianek

I am very sorry if you were offended by my posts....I was just crying to my husband about it......that I feel so bad that you took me in a way that I didn't mean to come across. I support my view but I have a heavy heart when others are upset with me or with something I said or did.....please forgive.

Masria

Why don't you take some time out from criticizing other Muslims and worry about your own dictator Mubarak.

I have no love for Mubarak or his corrupt government.

I was not trying to criticise anyone, just demonstrate the difficulty in stating 'I will take a Muslim over anyone'. Bin Laden states he is a Muslim and only Allah knows the truth, we cannot state he is not. My view is we should learn to trust Islam and good people, not just someone because they state they are Muslim or we must trust bin laden surely?

Amirah20

I have no love for Mubarak or his corrupt government.

I was not trying to criticise anyone, just demonstrate the difficulty in stating 'I will take a Muslim over anyone'. Bin Laden states he is a Muslim and only Allah knows the truth, we cannot state he is not. My view is we should learn to trust Islam and good people, not just someone because they state they are Muslim or we must trust bin laden surely?

I don’t see anything wrong in this saying. Those are her thoughts and her insinuation and I’m proud of her for standing by her ummah. I myself would take a Muslim over anyone. And please refrain from talking about Bin Laden, you know NOTHING about him besides the secular trash you’ve been spoon feed.

Masria

I don’t see anything wrong in this saying. Those are her thoughts and her insinuation and I’m proud of her for standing by her ummah. I myself would take a Muslim over anyone. And please refrain from talking about Bin Laden, you know NOTHING about him besides the secular trash you’ve been spoon feed.

Sometimes we should be careful what we wish for. There are good and bad Muslims in this world but to want to associate with both groups by virtue of their label is a dangerous path imo.

Please do not tell me what I do and do not know, you know nothing about me or my knowledge of any issue. If my opinion of bin laden and his actions does not meet with your approval, it is still my right to have my opinions and voice them.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

First I did not know you are a female. Secondly, I am not sure why you are attacking Osama Bin Laden. If you are implying would I marry him...I am taken...
Please do not think that Muslim men do not allow Muslim women to talk...did not the Prophet (swas) listen to his wives and set a precedent for all Muslims. Wives are the confidants of husbands...and belive me husbands listen to their wives...
The bottom line is I love Muslims. I know we have a long way to go but I can not help it..I love Muslims.
I want to thank you. You have allowed me to remember how much I love my faith. You have helped me to express my love for my brothers and sisters. I do influence the younger generation. I have to. It is my Muslim obligation.

Now come mod's it is past my bedtime...it is time to close this thread..I got a great one for tomorrow.

my love your aapa.

Status
Not open for further replies.