1st Female to be convicted for terrorism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masria

First of all "terrorists" are not Muslim. Please research and you will find out. Secondly we can not use this word ourselves. As long as we use the word terrorist we play into the hands of the western media.
We have to be very careful how we address ourselves and eachother. We are allowing ourselves to be pointing fingers at other Muslims. Let us not do that. We have to remain united.
The Quran teaches us to remain united.

So are you suggesting that if a person, who happens to be of the Islamic faith (that is follows the 5 pillars of Islam), commits suicide and kills people on a bus in London (including an innocent Muslim sister) that we should unite with this person and not call him a terrorist in case it makes Muslims look bad?

Forgive me but until we point fingers and say we do not accept your actions, we do not consider them Islamic then we are guilty by association and tha mass hysteria started by the western governments will be proven to be fact.

vampiresecstacy

:salam2: Dear masri,

As per the Telegraph online paper,she was found guilty and i am sure they would not be keeping her in a 5 star hotel after what she is found guilty for and gitmo is not situated in the middle east.You have wrong information that prisoners are tortured in middle east,they are not and they can pray and Practice there religion unlike gitmo and other western prisons.For your infromation Gitmo went to the limit by flushing the Quran in the toilets.

Oh! and we all know what the american/British army did when they took over the Abu Ghraib prison in IRAQ(and there were civil and war criminals mostly, almost zero terrorist) just google and you will see some of the horrific pictures of your life.

YES,she is being dragged all over because she is muslim and she downloaded some stupid stuff(there is no evidence that she has any connection with any pseudo "Terror organization" nor that she directly took part in any such activity nor that her poetry has provoked someone to do such act, yesterday i downloaded the video of a brain tumor surgery,i am not a doctor and i'm not gonna be one,just curiosity.??? anything wrong in this)

Just because of Islamophobia.Muslims all over the world condemn terrorism and terrorist do not have any religion.There are so many people who do many such things and one muslim does one thing and the west finds the relevant text in Quran and sunna responsible for his/her actions.(Fox news is suspecting Al qaeda for the fire in southern california????? and there are forensic experts who come on air to give advice on suspected materials used for the fire.)

Hitler killed 6 million jews,recently a korean guy killed so many students at virgina tech university.Why are they not labeled as terrorist,Threat to nation???

We condemn what happened on 9/11(all muslims suspected no one found guilty yet)
We condemn what happened on london train station.
We condemn what hitler did to jews,

and we also

condemn what is happening in IRAQ
condemn what is hapening in Palestine
condemn what is happening in Afghanistan
condemn what happened in Bosnia
condemn what is happening in kashmir

Muslims in palestine,Afghanistan,Bosnia,Kashmir,Iraq die for their land..and there are no terrorism charges on the people who supress them...

Muslim girl,23 years old writes a stupid poem which has no resemblance to her real life is guilty of threat to an English nation.

:salah:

Masria

As per the Telegraph online paper,she was found guilty and i am sure they would not be keeping her in a 5 star hotel after what she is found guilty for and gitmo is not situated in the middle east.

Now google the news stories and read how she was allowed to leave the Old Bailey by the door reserved for judges. She is now at home with her family until her sentencing on 6 Dec.

You have wrong information that prisoners are tortured in middle east,they are not

Perhaps I am wrong to consider Egypt a part of the Middle East? Look at Youtube for videos of police torture in Egypt, it is perfectly normal there.

they can pray and Practice there religion unlike gitmo and other western prisons.

Gitmo is not in the UK either. So you have not heard about the UK prisoner who is suing because he was offered a ham sandwich? I can assure you that Muslims are allowed to pray and practivce their religion in the UK prisons.

For your infromation Gitmo went to the limit by flushing the Quran in the toilets.

I am not American, I cannot answer for them any more than I can answer for Muslim extremists.

Oh! and we all know what the american/British army did when they took over the Abu Ghraib prison in IRAQ(and there were civil and war criminals mostly, almost zero terrorist) just google and you will see some of the horrific pictures of your life.

I know exactly what they did but that is not what we are discussing here. Two wrongs do not make a right.

(there is no evidence that she has any connection with any pseudo "Terror organization" nor that she directly took part in any such activity nor that her poetry has provoked someone to do such act,

This is my only point - how do you know any of this? Were you in the court, have you seen the evidence or are you making assumptions? Writing poetry is not illegal, so to be found guilty she must have done something that is against the law.

yesterday i downloaded the video of a brain tumor surgery,i am not a doctor and i'm not gonna be one,just curiosity.??? anything wrong in this)

No but when you start posting on the net how to perform home brain surgery on strangers then yes it becomes an issue for society.

the west finds the relevant text in Quran and sunna responsible for his/her actions.

I am sorry but that is completely the wrong way around. The people that commit these acts claim to be Muslims, they call Allahuakbar as they press the button, the extremist scholars use verses of the Quran and Sunnah to call these young people to do these things. If Muslims are telling non Muslims this is Islam it is not the fault of non Muslims if they know no better and believe it, it is the fault of Muslims for not shouting from the rooftops that this is not Islam and Islam does not teach this.

Hitler killed 6 million jews,recently a korean guy killed so many students at virgina tech university.Why are they not labeled as terrorist,Threat to nation???

Because Hitler is dead so is now no threat to anyone? Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma bomber was arrested and tried as a terrorist. Perhaps you are not old enough to remember the H Blocks and the Irish terrorists held there?

Muslims in palestine,Afghanistan,Bosnia,Kashmir,Iraq die for their land..and there are no terrorism charges on the people who supress them...

When I was in the British Army I fought in Bosnia to protect the Muslim community. My government sent me there, I didn't know what a Muslim was and didn't care, they were being killed and I was sent to stop it. That is the same UK government that now works to protect people in the UK against extremists that kill anyone they can.

Where have you fought?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

It is time to slow down. Muslims are very sensitive and yes we are tired of being blamed for everything. The western world has done a great job of brainwashing the world against Islam.
We have to be careful before we condem many Muslims for their actions. We can not use the language of the west to describe Muslims. We can not call ourselves terrorists. We are using the language of the west to denote who we are.
How quicky we forget that maybe the US government is responsible for the lives of its citizens for 911. Please before you condemn me what would you call that? All evidence is pointing to that direction.
We have to rally behind an innoncent 23 year old girl who was caught up in something quixotic.

Masria

I still feel I should not jump to conclusions based on assumptions. Here is some more information about this case:

On October 27th officers discovered that Ms Malik, who is unemployed, possessed various al-Qaida terror training manuals and guidebooks on her PC, including instructions on how to operate sophisticated firearms and explosives.

A writing pad full of handwritten notes prompted the second charge, police revealed this evening.

As part of the same investigation, Sohail Anjum Oureshi, 29, appeared in court earlier this month charged with the intention of committing acts of terrorism or assisting another to commit such acts.

Mr Oureshi was arrested at Heathrow airport with £9,000 in cash on his person.

He was remanded in custody and will appear before the Old Bailey on November 17th

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/news/news/crime/woman-charged-in-terror-investigation-$457265.htm

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Just out of curosity what does $18,000 dollars in cash mean. Muslims as a rule should not ascribe to riba therefore carrying cash when traveling makes sense. Credit cards are riba just as banks are. Many people carry cash. I did not know that it was a crime to carry cash...in the reality of things that amount is a pittance.
As I have stated before let us not fall into the hands of the kuffir...and their lies ...

ajazz

She was not punished just for what she wrote on the internet but for having a room full of books written by terrorists. Do you have books about hand to hand combat and how to poison and kill people in your bedroom? I think like me, you do not.

I did not attend the court so I do not know what evidence was produced against this girl but we should assume there was some evidence in order to be found guilty in the Old Bailey. Our country may have gone rather crazy but I don't think it has turned into Nazi Germany yet.

Not at all, here is an example from 2 years ago:

One of the dominant figures of the British far right for the last 50 years has died two days before he was due to appear in court charged with inciting racial hatred.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1532020,00.html

This man did not attack anyone, he did not own any bomb making stuff but he produced material that encouraged others to kill. Likewise this girl produced material that encouraged parents to show children aged 7 videos of suicide bombers and teach them to fight.

For anyone to say this issue is just about Islam is scaremongering because people of other groups also get arrested and prosecuted for having and producing such material. Is it not an Islamic principle that you follow the laws of the country you live in? It is illegal in the UK to encourage people to kill and no matter who you are (unless you work for the government) you are liable to arrest and prosecution.

Firstly we do not know if she will receive a custodial sentence or probation (she will not be sentenced until 6 Dec), at the moment she has only been found guilty. When we know her sentence perhaps we can better judge our reactions?

Yes I would love to see all sites that encourage hatred of any kind removed from the net but the problem is where would it end? What if I type here 'Jesus (pbuh) was not the son of God so Christians will go to hell for idol worship' - should the Christians demand this website be removed because it is inciting religious hatred?

These are the issues our government must wrestle with. Do I support our government, no way I dislike them and their policies (not as much as I dislike Bush though) but they have the job of keeping this countries citizens safe and radical Islam is currently the worlds biggest terrorist threat. That is not propaganda, that is reality. The biggest non terrorist threat is Bush.

WHAT?

ter·ror·ism

The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.
http://www.answers.com/terrorism&r=67

weapon of mass deception....err...destruction??????

bombing innocent women,men and children with missile just on mere suspicion (plenty of example in Iraq and Afghanistan)

non terrorist! non terrorist!

Masria

Salaam,

Just out of curosity what does $18,000 dollars in cash mean. Muslims as a rule should not ascribe to riba therefore carrying cash when traveling makes sense. Credit cards are riba just as banks are. Many people carry cash. I did not know that it was a crime to carry cash...in the reality of things that amount is a pittance.
As I have stated before let us not fall into the hands of the kuffir...and their lies ...

No you cannot be arrested for carrying money in this country, so can we assume there is more to his arrest than carrying cash?

Have you looked up the group both of these young people were members of and where that group is linked to? It makes quite unpleasant reading. Or looked up where this man was travelling to or why the police were monitoring him? Or his connection to the girl you are assuming is so innocent and was just a loner that wanted attention?

I do not like what the west is saying about Islam or doing to Muslims in Iraq, or allowing to be done to Muslims in Palestine but I am not able to assume innocence based purely on which religion a person belongs to.

Masria

WHAT?

ter·ror·ism

The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.
http://www.answers.com/terrorism&r=67

weapon of mass deception....err...destruction??????

bombing innocent women,men and children with missile just on mere suspicion (plenty of example in Iraq and Afghanistan)

Bush cannot be arrested as a terrorist for the Iraq invasion, however he can be impeached. The US movement to impeach him for the invasion of Iraq has grown to 39% - 45% of Americans. When it reaches 51% they can impeach him and hopefully Cheney too, inshallah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movement_to_impeach_George_W._Bush

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I do not like how the west has killed, is killing and will go on killing millions of innoncent Muslims. We need to be careful as I keep repeating...we can not let non-Muslims, the kuffir, dicatate to us what our afflications are. It is none of their business.
How can a believer read the news written by and for the kuffir and believe it contains any truth? They lie,lie, lie, and lie.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

How can a man who stole the election in living color really give a darn about impeachment. He is having his last hurrah.

dianek

I agree with Masri, it does nothing for the muslims to throw there protections and support around people that are being found guilty of terrorist acts. INSTEAD, if you want to help your faith, you should stand up and SCREAM that terrorism IS WRONG in any FORM. It just is! Nothing erks me more than to hear my husband say Osama did nothing wrong and is a good muslim.....NO HE'S NOT! Or when he says the Taliban were good leaders.......at the expense of locking women in there homes and keeping them from being educated. If you want the world to see the BEAUTY of ISLAM, clean up your act........Clean your own home before your try to clean others. I am christian, do I support hard-line idiots like Pat Roberts or abortion clinic bombers, no way! I and the majority of Christians condem that behavior. IN ADDITION......it erks me when I am told that muslims are NOT killing muslims in IRAQ. Yes, we started this stupid war, I hate Bush as well and would like to see him tried for War Crimes agains humanity.....he doesn't even take care of his own people (Hurricane Katrina comes to mind). BUT the fact is that Al-Quada has no qualms sacrificing there own men, women and children in there attacks and that Shiites and Sunnis are killing each other. And may I remind you that the US also went to Bosnia in protection of the Muslims, not against them. AND if the US is so ANTI-MUSLIM, then why are there so many muslims living here and enjoying good lives. In one of the other threads I read, someone said the US is much more open-minded people than Europeans. We have to be! "Bring us your sick and weary!" I think American muslims will one day guide the rest of the Muslims to the true heart of islam that reflects humanity. Bush has no support..........and how is this......our next president could very well be (I am hoping so much) Barack Obama.....son of a muslim!

ed209

i think the media and judge r making a mistake. it's a big mistake for them to show her name and pic to the public.i read this news,it didnt say this sister took participate in terrorism actions directly at all.She just wrote some poems and collected many manuals or materials about al-Qaeda.yes,perhaps she broke british law if the judge sentences her,but what i want to emphasize is that she is completely different from bin laden or al-Qaeda. She's just a 23-year-old girl,she broke law,but she's not a terrorist!!! at least according to this news,i cant find any proof . but the media is allowed to get her name and pic easily,and even in my country,remote China,i can see her pic.i think that's unjust for a 23-year-old girl. i say it again,she made a big mistake and broke british law but she's not a terrorist.but now,perhaps every corner in this earth can get her name and pic.and those who know nothing about Islam will view her as a genuine terrorist.it's a tragedy for her.What she will pay for is much more than what she really did.

dianek

i think the media and judge r making a mistake. it's a big mistake for them to show her name and pic to the public.i read this news,it didnt say this sister took participate in terrorism actions directly at all.She just wrote some poems and collected many manuals or materials about al-Qaeda.yes,perhaps she broke british law if the judge sentences her,but what i want to emphasize is that she is completely different from bin laden or al-Qaeda. She's just a 23-year-old girl,she broke law,but she's not a terrorist!!! at least according to this news,i cant find any proof . but the media is allowed to get her name and pic easily,and even in my country,remote China,i can see her pic.i think that's unjust for a 23-year-old girl. i say it again,she made a big mistake and broke british law but she's not a terrorist.but now,perhaps every corner in this earth can get her name and pic.and those who know nothing about Islam will view her as a genuine terrorist.it's a tragedy for her.What she will pay for is much more than what she really did.

It is common to post pics and names of criminals and those found guilty of different crimes in all media for all people. Only childrens names are withheld and the victims. AND.....so today it is poetry about cutting off heads, tomorrow it could be blowing herself and others up to be a "martyr"......don't all the suicide bombers in Palestine start somewhere and aren't they all relatively YOUNG.........Where is the line to be drawn?

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

in the west they have double standrds,hey all it diplomcy.the air strikes in bosnia actually enraged the serbs and after every allied action the price was paid by bosnians by having teir people butchered.
seondly barrack obama son of a muslim,to me i dont care unless you are practising muslim yourself your fathers credentials wont work .i would rather see my muslim brother masri brit soldier but now a good muslim ruling over middle east rather than a non pratising son of an arab or muslim.
]but then i just say we should not have double standards .they can hve them .why?coz we are trying for heaven dont forget that .
so that sister may Allah have mercy on her and guide her.Just like masri is my brother she is also my sister and i have no complaints with the British government because Allah has given them power and they can do whatthey like .same with america.Bring on hiroshima once more.and rub the vietnam kids with napalm, give ur soldiers toxic uranium to use in bombs in iraq,sell chemical gas to saddam and stinger missiles to taliban and sell arms to saudi government and encourage hosni mubark to cause mayhem in egypt on muslims in jails and blow up the twin towers.i can only complain to Allah.

Kirn

That is soo sad ,all the claimes are baseless and silly.How can one be judged by their user name or the type of poems they write??

Masria

the air strikes in bosnia actually enraged the serbs and after every allied action the price was paid by bosnians by having teir people butchered.

Anything would have enraged the Serbs, they wanted the world to let them slaughter all the Muslims and not take any action. If the Allied forces had not joined the war how many Muslims do you think would be alive in the area now? Did you see the concentration camps they had for the Muslims, like Nazi Germany?

see my muslim brother masri

Forgive me I am your sister Masria, I typed the wrong word into my username but I don't know how to change it now. :shymuslima1:

Just like masri is my brother she is also my sister and i have no complaints with the British government because Allah has given them power and they can do what they like.

But the British people must vote against this government in protest of the war in Iraq. The government can only do what they like if the people vote them into power again.

seondly barrack obama son of a muslim,to me i dont care unless you are practising muslim yourself your fathers credentials wont work .

But is it not better to have such a powerful President in the world that understands Islam, that knows the terrorists are acting against their faith? After Bush invaded Iraq he had to ask what Sunni & Shia means - is this what we want for a powerful President?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I know I am reading a misprint. Barrak Osama is a voice for APIC. Come on people. He was photgraphed outside the APIC Chiago office. He is deep into the pockets of the Israeli lobby.
There is nothing Muslim about him. Where are you getting your misinformation.
He has distanced himself from the Muslims.
He will make a poor president. He is out of touch with the needs of the people.
There is nothing that the west can do to help Muslims. Nothing. What is occuring here is the conflation of politics and Islam. They do not mix. Islam is the perfection of religion..politics is simply greed and lust for the duyna.
Besides it is politics that has the world hating Muslims. The media has brainwashed the world. And we all know who owns the media.

dianek

Salaam,

I know I am reading a misprint. Barrak Osama is a voice for APIC. Come on people. He was photgraphed outside the APIC Chiago office. He is deep into the pockets of the Israeli lobby.
There is nothing Muslim about him. Where are you getting your misinformation.
He has distanced himself from the Muslims.
He will make a poor president. He is out of touch with the needs of the people.
There is nothing that the west can do to help Muslims. Nothing. What is occuring here is the conflation of politics and Islam. They do not mix. Islam is the perfection of religion..politics is simply greed and lust for the duyna.
Besides it is politics that has the world hating Muslims. The media has brainwashed the world. And we all know who owns the media.

Obama voted against and has STOOD by his vote of NOT invading Iraq. I don't know what APIC is????? My dream ticket for US Presidency would be a combination of Hillary and Barack (Pres. and VP in either order).......they are the best of the choices that are running...........

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

politicians are schizopherenic.
nixon used to answer natures call on his secretarys legs or in the garden.
just to show power .
truly they are liars because their god is public opinion .
a god that is easily fooled by the media.
thank Allah there's another day ,judgement day.

Status
Not open for further replies.