5 things to do on Laylatul Qadr

The_truth

The Night of Power more likely in the last 7 nights:

The blessed night of power could be on any of the nights of the last ten days of Laylatul Qadr but many scholars say that it is more likely during the last 7 nights. Tonight is the 25th night so it may well be the night of power tonight.

So we should all aim to do as much worship as possible in the last 7 nights InshAllah so we can catch the night where we can gain 83 years of worship reward and an whole lifetime of sins forgiven. It is a night after which we can have a fresh start and change our lives FOREVER by making the hereafter our main concern and wanting to do everything to please Allah and get closer to him.

The_truth

The Majority of scholars believe Laylatul Qadr will fall on the 27th Night

"Verily this month has come to you where there is a night better than a 1000 Months. Whosoever is deprived of it, is deprived of all good; and none is deprived of its good except a totally unfortunate person ”. (Ibn Majah)

"Whosoever stands up (in prayer) on the Night of Power out of faith & hopeful of reward, all his past sins will be forgiven."
(Targhib)

How unfortunate is the person who misses out on such a blessed night where on can gain over 83 years of worship reward which is more than an average lifetime and an entire lifetime of sins forgiven!

The Majority of scholars believe this night will fall on the 27th night of Ramadan. The night comes before the day so the night will be from Maghrib on the 26th day of Ramadan until Fajr.

So let us not miss out on worshipping Allah on this blessed night lest we be of the unfortunate ones who will be in utter regret for eternity!

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
JazakAllahu khair brother for the very useful information on this thread.
It is, therefore, permissible to make sajdah for the purpose of supplication after the salah is over. However, this should not be made a permanent practice after every salah, because the Holy Prophet, salla-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, used to make dua after salah in a sitting position, and it is in no way advisable to leave this sunnah of the Holy Prophet, salla-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, forever.

I have a question about this. I always make sujood ash-shukr at night before I go to sleep, and it's almost become a practice now. Is that wrong? I mean, it's not like I'm calling this act sunnah because I know it's not (I think).

The_truth

JazakAllahu khair brother for the very useful information on this thread.

I have a question about this. I always make sujood ash-shukr at night before I go to sleep, and it's almost become a practice now. Is that wrong? I mean, it's not like I'm calling this act sunnah because I know it's not (I think).

Asalaamu Alaikum, surely the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was the most grateful servant and if it was his practice to sit and make Dua then surely we should follow this practice.

So you can make Dua in Sajda sometimes but make more Dua in the sitting position which was the practice of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam).

And Allah knows best in all matters

The_truth

What a bargain!

When it comes to a bargain sale on in a retail store we make sure we prepare for it by getting there early so we can get the best bargains. But much of the time those bargains are taken by someone else. Such items are temporary and will only benefit us for a short while.

But the bargain from Allah is endless and is available to all. This bargain will not only benefit us in this world but will benefit us for eternity. This bargain is unlike any other as it is from our creator who is free from miserliness and is so generous that it is impossible to comprehend. Therefore if we were to miss out on this bargain then we are not only so unfortunate but truly foolish.

Therefore let us GRAB THE BARGAINS as time is now short and there are only a few days left. This bargain only occurs once a year but we may not be alive to make it for the next one.

Subhanallah. WHAT A BARGAIN!

The_truth

The final Hurdle

We must do our utmost to worship Allah as much as possible during the remaining days and nights of Ramadan. What an opportunity we have been given to gain rewards of more than a persons average life and to gain an entire lifetime of forgiveness for our sins.

Therefore let us cry to Allah and beg of him for mercy and forgiveness. Let us ask of him to help and guide us and to enable us to become closer to him and to do everything to please him and refrain from anything which may anger and displease him.

Let us not waste any time as these seconds are way too precious to waste. We have an opportunity of changing our lives forever so we must make a firm commitment to Allah TONIGHT! That we will be firm and steadfast in ALL of our prayers and that we will try our utmost to do everything to please him and for him to detach our hearts from this dunya (world) so that we may work for the hereafter and work to please Allah in everything that we do. We will slip and fall but so what? We are created to slip and fall. That is why we repent and Allah loves those who repent sincerely with utter remorse and regret.

So my brothers and sisters we CANNOT wait to change tomorrow but the change MUST be TONGHT! Then after that we will see a change in our lives we never thought possible and we will have something to live for and focus on. We will have a true purpose and that will be ONLY to worship Allah and to please him as his pleasure in this life and the next is MUCH better than Paradise and everything it contains.

The_truth

Allah never tires giving

We may tire asking of Allah but he will NEVER tire in accepting our Dua’s and fulfilling our needs and wants as long as it is best for us. Those Dua's that we think we're not accepted in this world then the reward for those will be reserved in the Hereafter and when we see the immense rewards that we accumulated from our constant Dua’s that we thought were not accepted then we would wish none of our Dua’s were accepted just so that we could gain even more abundant rewards for our Dua's in the Hereafter.

Allah is free from miserliness and get looks for excuses to give some let us ask and know that we may tire but he will NEVER tire from giving and out of his immense, incomprehensible majesty and generosity.

There is still time left in this blessed month so let us ask ask ask!!!

shah mir

Banned
Can someone answer these questions:
1. If Night of Blessing is linked with nazool of Quran, then why we don't know the exact date? (Although other then Prophet (PBUH), Hazrat Khadeeja (RUA) and Warka new exact date of first reveleation.
2. If 80 years of Ibaadat we get in these 10 days, so easily, then why pray rest of life?

Fatima Amenda

Can someone answer these questions:
1. If Night of Blessing is linked with nazool of Quran, then why we don't know the exact date? (Although other then Prophet (PBUH), Hazrat Khadeeja (RUA) and Warka new exact date of first reveleation.
2. If 80 years of Ibaadat we get in these 10 days, so easily, then why pray rest of life?
I believe it's because we don't know if our sins are forgiven, only Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala knows, Suban'Allah, we use these nights as our chance to ask for our destiny to be changed. Maybe our destiny for Jannah won't be changed until our 80th year of life, Insha'Allah we live this long. If I am wrong, please forgive me, I am still learning

shah mir

Banned
Religion is not generic!! so study and learn!! then you can reply back!! Best way is that you find answers to these simple questions

shah mir

Banned
i have no excuse!! i have clear idea!! if you want can explain!! Thats why I was saying that Islam is not blind following!! Quran is very clear BOOK!! people don't read it to understand!!

I raised simple questions for people to think!!

shah mir

Banned
Ruqya is nothing in religion!! Its all about understanding the massage to be successful in this world and HEREAFTER!!

Our problem is that we don't believe in Quran and Sunnah of Prophet (PBUH). We believe in people who uses religion for manipulation!!

Salaf_us_Saleh

Regarding clarifying the Virtue of Laylatul-Qadr and exhortation towards striving in it

Taken from Itihaafu Ahlil-Eemaan bi daroosi shahri Ramadaan
of Ash-Shaykh Saalih bin Fawzaan bin 'Abdillaah al-Fawzaan
[Lesson #26] All praise is due to Allaah, He gave preference to the month of Ramadaan over other than it from the (other) months, and may blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family and his Companions: To proceed:

Allaah the Most High said: We sent it (this Qur'aan) down on a blessed night in the month of Ramadaan. Verily, We are ever warning [mankind that Our Torment will reach those who disbelieve in Our Oneness of Lordship and in Our Oneness of worship]. Therein (that night) is decreed every matter of ordainments." [Ad-Dukhaan (44):4] And the Most High said: "Verily! We have sent it (this Qur'aan) down in the night of Al-Qadr, And what will make you know what the night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is? The night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months [i.e. worshipping Allaah in that night is better than worshipping Him a thousand months.] Therein descend the angels and the Rooh [Jibreel] by Allaah's Permission with all Decrees, Peace! (All that night, there is Peace and Goodness from Allaah to His believing slaves) until the appearance of dawn." [Al-Qadr (97)]
And it is in the blessed month of Ramadaan, due to the saying of the Most High: "The month of Ramadaan in which was revealed the Qur'aan, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the Furqaan (the distinction between Haqq and baatil)." [al-Baqarah (2):185] And it is sought after in the last ten from it [i.e. from the month of Ramadaan], due to the saying of the Prophet (Sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam): (( Seek (zealously) Laylatul-Qadr in the last ten (nights) of Ramadaan.)) Agreed upon. So ijtihaad (striving) is a must in all of the ten nights, seeking this night, for indeed the Prophet (Sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam) said: (( Whoever stands (in prayer) during Laylatul-Qadr out of Eemaan and seeking reward, then his previous sins will be forgiven.)) And He informed, the Most High, that it is better than a thousand months, and it is called Laylatul-Qadr because in it what will be in that year is decreed, due to His saying: "Therein (that night) is decreed every matter of ordainments." And it is the Taqdeer as-Sanawee [what has been pre-decreed by Allaah for that year], and it is the specific type of Taqdeer (decree). As for the general Taqdeer, then it is what preceded the creation of the heavens and the earth by 50 thousand years, as that is authentically reported by the ahaadeeth. And it is said: it is called Laylatul-Qadr due to it's tremendous magnitude and it's nobility and the meaning of His saying the Most High: "(It) is better than a thousand months [i.e. worshipping Allaah in that night is better than worshipping Him a thousand months.]"Meaning: Standing in it and performing actions in it is better than performing actions in a thousand months outside of it. And seeking it is in the odd nights of the (last) ten without doubt, due to the saying of the Prophet (Sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam): (( Seek it in the Last Ten (nights) on the night when nine or seven or five nights remain out of the last ten nights of Ramadaan [i.e. 21, 23, 25, respectively]. )). And the twenty-seventh is considered what is most correct due to the sayings of many of the Sahaabah: that indeed it is the twenty-seventh night, from them Ibn 'Abbaas and Ubayy bin Ka'b and other than them ý and the wisdom in it's concealment [it not being known on which night it is] is so that the Muslims strive in 'ibaadah in all of the ten nights, just as the hour of being answered from the day of Jumu'ah has been concealed so that the Muslim strives throughout the day. And it is recommended for the Muslim to make a lot of du'aa in it, because Du'aa in it is recommended, and he supplicates with what is reported from 'Aa'ishah (radiyallaahu 'anhaa). She said: "O Messenger of Allaah! If I find it, with what should I supplicate?" He said: (( Say: Allaahumma innaka 'afuwun tuhibbul-'afwa fa'fu 'annee.)) It was reported by Ahmad and Ibn Maajah.

So O you Muslims! Strive in this blessed night with Salaah and Du'aa and making istighfaar and righteous actions, for verily it is an opportunity of a lifetime, and the opportunities do not remain. For verily Allaah, glorified is He, informed that it is better than a thousand months, and a thousand months is more than 80 years [83 years and 4 months], and it is a long lifespan if the human-being spent all of it in (acting in) obedience to Allaah. So one night, and it is Laylatul-Qadr, is better than it [i.e. a thousand months of worship], and this is a tremendous virtue. And this night is in Ramadaan without question and in the Last Ten (nights) from it without doubt, and if the Muslim strove in all of the nights of Ramadaan, then indeed he will coincide with Laylatul-Qadr without question and it is hoped for him the obtainment of its goodness.

So which virtue is more tremendous than this virtue for the one who Allaah grants success! So be persistent , may Allaah have mercy upon you, in seeking this night, and strive by righteous actions so that you obtain it's reward, for verily the deprived one is the one for whom the reward has been forbidden. And whoever the season of forgiveness passes by, and he remains burdened by carrying his sins because of his negligence and his turning away, and his lack of concern then indeed he is deprived. O you sinful one! Repent to your Lord and ask Him for forgiveness, for indeed the door of Tawbah has been opened for you, and He calls you to it and made for you a season for goodness. In it the good deeds are multiplied and in it the evil deeds are erased, so take for yourself the means of salvation.

And all praise is due to Allaah, Lord of the 'Aalameen, and blessing and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad, and his family and his companions.

Salaf_us_Saleh

When is Laylatul Qadr?

Question: What are the signs of Laylatul-Qadar?

Response: From amongst the signs of Laylatul-Qadar is that it is a calm night and the believer's heart is delighted and at peace with it, and he becomes active in doing good actions, and the sun on the following morning rises clearly without any rays.

Fataawa Ramadhaan - Volume 2, Page 852, Fatwa No. 841; Fataawa ash-Shaykh Muhammad as-Saalih al-Uthaymeen - Volume 1, Page 563

Ummah123

I have a question: So any single act we do during the time between maghrib and fajr, if on laylatul qadr, will be rewarded as if we did it for 83 years? no matter how little it is?

Eman Yousuf

Salam alaikum wa rahmatullah,

At-Tirmidhi recorded from Abu Qilabah that he said, The Night of Al-Qadr moves around (from year to year) throughout the last ten nights. (Recorded in Maliki)

So, brothers and sisters lets us all do more and more recitation, salah and reading tafseer,
all types of ibaadah on these nights and get the mercy of allah (swa) ameen.

wa salam

The_truth

I have a question: So any single act we do during the time between maghrib and fajr, if on laylatul qadr, will be rewarded as if we did it for 83 years? no matter how little it is?

Asalaamu Alaikum, Yes. That is just minimum as the rewards are incomprehensible and Allah rewards as much as he likes. That is why we must do as many good deeds as possible between Maghrib and Fajr on the last ten nights of Ramadan to ensure we get these immense rewards.

The reason why we have a night so powerful is because the previous generations lived for hundreds of years and our generation has the shortest life span. Hence why Almighty Allah the majesty of honour and generosity as given our Ummah a night so auspicious that we can gain rewards of over 83 years of worship in just one single night. Most of us will not even live for that long. Subhanallah