A Cockroach crawled in to my pants while at Fajr prayer!

stargazer

Clear Skies!
Last night (29th) I had a great time. Qiyamu Layl was great. We finished the mushaf and as you may know the 30th Juz contain very short and sweet verses and the Imam recited beautifully, I enjoyed every minute of it.

After suhoor, I sat to recite the Quran, It also went very smoothly and I had a great time.

Now the time of Fajr came and first rak'at finished with Imam reciting beautifully suratul qiyamah and

the the second rakat, a cockroach out of no where crawled and got into my pants. and RUINED MY NIGHT!!!!

I STOOD NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO AND BECAME VERY SAD BUT I CALMED DOWN ONCE I FIGURED OUT THAT IF A COCKROACH IS IN MY PANTS, THEN IT HAS BEEN ALREADY WRITTEN SO.

BUT I COULD NOT GET OUT OF THE LINE, IT WAS A BIG MOSQUE AND I WAS AT THE SAFFUL AWWAL AND I FELT EMBARRASSED TO LEAVE. I REMAINED THAT RAKAT CLOSING MY EYES AND THE COCKROACH CRAWLING HERE AND THERE. IT WAS SO EMBARASSING AND AFTER THE PRAYER I STAYED AND STAYED TILL NUMBER OF PEOPLE DECLINED AND THEN DECIDED TO GET UP.

I GOT UP AND STARTED TO WALK AS CALM AS I CAN, AND IT CAME OUT!

AND NO BODY KNEW IT EXCEPT ALLAH AND I.

. I MEAN I HAVE NEVER IMAGINED SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPPENING AND I DID NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I WANTED TO ASK WHAT SHOULD I HAVE DONE IN THAT CIRCUMSTANCE? you can laugh a little but please answer. it was so embarrassing!:(

jynous

:salam2:

I don't mean no disrespect but I laughed so hard I scared a few cokroches right now.but dnt worry brother,may ALLAH SWT accept your prayer.u did the right thing by finishing it.
:wasalam:

dna1987

Muslim Guy
That's really impressive that you managed to stay in line the whole time.

Something similar happens to me, and maybe someone can answer the question for both of us. Over the years, I can remember two occasions where I've had a very runny nose (hayfever in Spring) with no tissues in my pockets. And it's so runny, that sniffing it back up just doesn't work. What do you do??

It's so embarrassing! Once I used my sleeves, which was disgusting for myself and I'm not sure what the brothers next to me thought. The other time, I was wearing a T-shirt (no sleeves!!) and there was a like a thread of phlegm from my nose to the carpet! Yeah..embarrassing. I managed to hold on and I think I borrowed a tissue from my younger brother who was next to me at the end.

Assalam alaikum.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

:lol::lol::lol: SOME THING SAME HAPPENED WITH ME TOO....LOL
IM REALLY REALLY SCARED OF COCKROACHES :SMILY26::SMILY26:

Once I was praying Magrib, I saw a very very tiny black colored (like 10cm)
baby was moving towards my praying mat...!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek:
SUBHANAALLAH....i stopped praying and jumped over my studying table and then watched it again it was an ugly baby.....BELIEVE ME..I started reciting Aaythul Kursi...lool....and you see, I talk with every one in Tamil most of the time...but this time i shouted..."Mum....HELP MEEE....THERE IS A CREATURE..."
I SAID THE WORD CREATURE IN ENGLISH AND THE REST IN TAMIL...:lol:
'coz i could never come up with a proper word...then my mum and sisters came running to me...and on the spot I started crying lol :tongue:
and suddenly mum started to laugh...and to see it was not a baby but a BABY BAT....LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZ

there after my parents and sisters and some of my friends who know this teas me saying..."creature...creature" lol :lol:

I just wanted to share it with you all...lol:) and I too have a doubt in such situations is it ok to stop praying?
MAY ALLAH AZZAWAJAL forgive us all if we have wronged.....
take care
FEE AMANILLAH

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

It's so nasty when something like this happens to you.i'm impressed that you stayed still for the prayers to end.

a couple of nights ago i was praying innocently and was feeling amamzing when all of a sudden one end of my khimar brushed my heel.i jumped so high in the air and broke my prayers:(!!

i suppose you just did the right thing,waiting patiently.i slapped a mosquito once who was feasting mo my blood.i tried to ignore the needle like pierce but couldn't and SLAPPP!!

elysetexel

Salaam aleikum my brothers and sisters.

Iam sorry I had to laugh so hard. But I understand this must be so embarresing.

I'll make dua for everyone who lives in country's with scary big creatures:lol:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Salaam aleikum my brothers and sisters.

Iam sorry I had to laugh so hard. But I understand this must be so embarresing.

I'll make dua for everyone who lives in country's with scary big creatures:lol:

lolzz should i take it that you live away from BIG nasty Creatures:p!!'kay get a spare room i'm coming!!:p

JenGiove

You didn't even squeak?! Had it been me I would have probably moved so quick, maybe knocked over a couple of dozen worshippers in the process..so much for Khushoo' ..! As for your question I think what you did was really good, it was a test of your concentration and you didn't create any disturbances for anyone else, what other course of action would have been better? Can't think of any!

I'm not even a Muslim and *I* agree to that statement! To be able to maintain his concentration and not disturb others is a great sacrifice of his own peace.....may Creator bless him. :D

The most distracting thing in Taraweeh particularly this year has been the presence of irritatingly cute babies

I'm assuming you mean HUMAN babies and not cockroaches? They can be quite irritatingly cute. I have a 2 year old and when I'm trying to pretend to be mad at him so that he learns what's acceptable and what isn't, he'll do something or give me a look that tests my steadfastness...<sigh>
..they just stand in front of you and stare at your face, throughout Surah Faatihah and the recitation (dribbling too!). They should make a pen or something (chicken wire?) in the corner of the sisters section, chuck a few snacks and toys in, put all the babies there, make it sound proof somehow = blissful Taraweeh! Simple.

SUUUUURE, how come the Sister's have to work harder than the Brother's at prayer? Don't us women do enough? :) There IS something less dangerous than chicken wire tho. I have one and you can join them together to make it as large <or as small> as you need. I looked it up for you. I've never been to a mosque so I have no idea what is allowable but you could suggest this to the leaders:
http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Secure-Surround-Play/dp/B000G1YW98

Congratulations for holding steadfast.....you did well.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
I'm assuming you mean HUMAN babies and not cockroaches? They can be quite irritatingly cute. I have a 2 year old and when I'm trying to pretend to be mad at him so that he learns what's acceptable and what isn't, he'll do something or give me a look that tests my steadfastness...<sigh>

:lol:jsut couldn't help laughing at that:p

ShyHijabi

Mash'Allah for the discipline I am reading here! I had a giant roach crawl across my prayer mat while praying (I was at home). I was so surprised I did a weird jump/levitation while yelping like an injured animal. It is a miracle that the neighbors didn't kick the door in thinking I was being attacked.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Wa`alaykum us-salaam

Maa shaa' Allaah, I have to applaud that level of concentration. I remember how in Egypt, giant cockroaches would crawl around in Salaah. Once during a jamaa`ah, a brother had one on his hand while making sajdah, he quickly flicked it and it went to someone else's hand (still in sajdah) who did the same lol. And to say, you didn't flick?

In one masjid (back in the UK), I was praying near a small hole in the wall and then behold, a kitten sized black-rat came crawling out the hole in front of me and ran for its miserable life... It was fajr too, and yeah the thing woke me up completely. After salaah, I realised that it also left droppings everywhere! Alhamdulillaah not where I was praying though.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Mashallah, I'm amazed that you didn't move an inch or make a sound!
Like al-fajr, I too would've jumped around and knocked people over and made a whole ruckus if it happened to me.

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

MashaAllaah ! You have the prayers with concentration. Basically what you did is right and good that you didn't show juggling or uneasyness, that was good for you and the insect :p. I have gone through some incidents like this,not easy to recall them altogether some are just praying in outer saffs (lines) in crowded masajids. Alhamdulillah Allaah helped me everytime with that.

stargazer

Clear Skies!
Assalamu'alaykum

Waaay too much detail.

You didn't even squeak?! Had it been me I would have probably moved so quick, maybe knocked over a couple of dozen worshippers in the process..so much for Khushoo' ..! As for your question I think what you did was really good, it was a test of your concentration and you didn't create any disturbances for anyone else, what other course of action would have been better? Can't think of any!

Mashallah, I'm amazed that you didn't move an inch or make a sound!
Like al-fajr, I too would've jumped around and knocked people over and made a whole ruckus if it happened to me.

I did not, but wallahi it was not a very pleasant feeling! the whole time the thing was crawling on my legs trying to find its way out, I felt as though the thing was inside me! :(

I later started to realized how prophet yunus (pbuh) would have felt while he was in the belly of a fish.

I do not know BUT that night all my prayer and other forms worship made me so happy and peaceful and i believe thats what made me so tolerable during that moment.

and also I am not afraid of cockraoches and to tell you the truth I love bugs. not because they smell good, its awful, but if you look at their structures their anatomy their body parts, its so amazing that they have various functions as though they are very complex biological machines and indeed it is!. It reminds me of Allah's creative power and I enjoy learning about them. BUT THAT DEFINITELY EXCLUDES GETTING INSIDE MY PANTS!

and brothers and sisters I enjoyed every one of your thread where you shared your story.

and the thread that went down the floor...CLASSIC! LOL!

I am sure that the sisters would not have a fighting chance in such a circumstance, they would simply scream to death, jump in to the ceiling and grab the fan if they can.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Alhamdulillah we don't have roaches crawling around at our mosque. We try to keep it super clean and pest free.

But yea, the housefly is quite annoying when they get into the prayer hall especially if you are wearing dark clothes.

Once in the UAE, a lizard was roaming around on the masjid carpet while everyone was sitting in Tashahudd in Maghrib salah (praying in jamah). A local brother caught it with his hand (some serious skill) as it was going past him and put it in his thobe's pocket and placed his hand on the top of the pocket so that it couldn't get out. He kept doing so until the prayer finished. Then he went outside the mosque and released the lizard.

That's my weird insect/rodent mosque story.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
I am sure that the sisters would not have a fighting chance in such a circumstance, they would simply scream to death, jump in to the ceiling and grab the fan if they can.

No wonder that the sisters at our mosque clean their part of the mosque meticulously. Any insects in that part of the mosque, we would have yells and screams for sure. Lol..

They have also taken the vacuum cleaners from the brother's side (we had three and now we are down to one fully functional vacuum cleaner on our side). I guess they are vacuuming every square millimeter of their half of prayer hall.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Once in the UAE, a lizard was roaming around on the masjid carpet while everyone was sitting in Tashahudd in Maghrib salah (praying in jamah). A local brother caught it with his hand (some serious skill) as it was going past him and put it in his thobe's pocket and placed his hand on the top of the pocket so that it couldn't get out. He kept doing so until the prayer finished. Then he went outside the mosque and released the lizard.

That's my weird insect/rodent mosque story.

..I'm trying to think of making some remark or comment to this highly interesting story, but I'm just speechless. How could he ever concentrate in his prayers when the lizard was wriggling around his pocket, probably trying to nibble a hole in it to get free, etc..