A Deed Few People Practice

Abu Abdillah

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are two characteristics that whenever the Muslim maintains them will enter Jannah. These two traits are easy to possess. However, only a few people acquire them. Say “ Subhanallah” ten times, “Al-Hamduillah” ten times and “Allahu akbar” ten times at the end of each Salah.

By practicing this deed you earn one hundred and fifty rewards for your tongue and one thousand five hundred for the scale (of good deeds). And before you go to sleep say “Subhanallah” thirty three times, Al-Hamdulilah” thirty three times and Allahu akbar thirty four times.

By saying these words before you sleep you gain one hundred good deeds for your tongue and one thousand deeds for the scale.

The companions (may Allah be pleased with them) asked” Oh messenger :saw: , How is that these deeds are easy, yet few people do them?

He :saw: said,” Right after a person finishes praying Shaytan comes to him and reminds him of something that he has to do. There fore this person gets up and leaves without saying these words. Additionally, when he lies in his bed Shaitan comes to him and causes him to fall asleep before he mentions these words.

‘Abdullah ibn ‘Amr(may Allah be pleased with him)said , “ I saw the messenger of Allah :saw: say these words using his hand to count them.

Collected by Abu Dawud(5065), At-Tirmithi(3410)Nisa’i(926)and Ahmed(2/205) Imam An-Nawwawee graded the isnad of this hadeeth as being Saheeh and Imam At-Tirmithi said this hadeeth is Hasan Saheeh.

Badrudeen ‘Al-‘Aynee(855H. May Allah have mercy on him) commented on this hadeeth in his book “ Al-Ilmul Hayyab fee Sharhil Kalamee Tayyib

1. Abdullah is: Abdullah ibn ’Amr ibn Al-‘as

2. The narrator of the hadeeth wasn’t exactly sure if it he (peace and blessings be upon him)said, “ÎóÕúáóÊóÇäö Ãóæú ÎóáøóÊóÇäö”

3. Whenever the Muslim maintains them: Muslims don’t acquire these two traits; as they don’t practice them deed as a norm.

4. One hundred and fifty for the tongue: If a person says these words after the five daily prayers they will total 150 as 30 X 5= 150

5. One thousand five hundred: Means that every good word which totals 10 is multiplied by 10, so if we sum 150 x 10 we get 1500.

6. Say “Alalahu Akbar” thirty four times: This is the second trait. The first one is to say “Subhanallah, Al-Hamdulilah and Allahu Akbar “thirty three times after each obligatory Salah.

7. One hundred good deeds for the tongue: This is earned because “Allahu Akbar is said thirty four times, Al-Hamdulilah is thirty three times and Subhanallah is thirty three times, and the total of those is one hundred. And to multiply one hundred by ten you get a sum of -1,000 for the scale.

8. The prophet :saw: used his hands: He counted the number of times he said them with his hand.

9. The companions said,” How is it that…? :These two traits aren’t acquired by many. In other words they asked how is it that something so easy is neglected; as it’s known that when something is easy to do a lot of people do it.

Consequently he :saw: explained why few people obtain these traits. Shaytan comes to a person when he goes to bed and continues to whisper to the son of Adam until he falls asleep.

Also Shaytan comes to person while he is praying and continues to whispers thoughts and ides that wasn’t in his mind before. Therefore he gets up after finishing the prayer and leaves before saying these words.

Benefits derived from this hadeeth:

• The invocation and the mention of Allah’s names are a means for the servant to enter Jannah.
  • Good deeds are multiplied by ten or more.
  • The scale is a fact.
  • Counting the glorification of Allah is done using the hands.
  • Shaitan is persistent with his whispers to the son of Adam during prayer and at bed time. ( end of Explanation)

We ask Allah to extend His mercy and allow us to practices this deed daily.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
:ma:What a beneficial post! It's a shame that we cannot even do these simple things to gain the pleasure of Allah. Jazakallahu Khairan for the reminder!:hijabi:

abdul hai

One Flag, One cause
It is extremely easy to follow the footsteps of our Prophet (SAW). But we do not have strong iman in our selfs to reach it. We are facing our backs towards the most wonderful religion mankind has ever seen, we are not following our own prophet, who have done so much, so much that it is incomparable and yet we are here today we can't even follow the sunnah's of our prophet (SAW) and are looking towards the ignorant people who influence us to do haram, surely they will burn in hell fire. It is a shame that we cannot, we cannot even get up to pray namaz, astakfirollah! So we need to remind our selfs to attain jannah we surely have to fall in the footsteps of your Prophets (SAW) Inshallah!

nizar83

aselemu aleikum...this is very much true! wolahi shaytaan is evil! each time we try our best to pray tranquille and to concentrate, he comes and tries to withold us from doing it properly..mashallah

a3oodo bilahi min el shaytaan a rajeem!

Faiza619

Strangers on earth

Wow i really try not to forget the SubhanaAllah Alhamdullilah and Allahu Akbar after every salat.
Mashaalah beautiful post

May Allah reward you brother for this wonderful reminder:tti_sister:

huda2

masha'Allah very good post, its so easy to gain so much fr saying those beautiful words within a few minutes :ma:. May allah make us stronger belivers and increases our iman ameen. Jzk khairan fr sharing may allah reward you.

warda A

Sister

:ma::ma:

beautiful reminder
it is easy but we are lazy, in fact if you get used to say subhannallah, alhamdullilah, allahu akbar after salah, next time you pray they come automatically.
practice makes perfect, do not forget that small piece of advice
:wasalam:

fazeelkamaran

As far as i know Subhanallah - 33 times / Alhamdullillah - 33times & Allahuakbar - 34 times these should be recited after every farz (congregational) prayer & it is not 10 times each. ofcourse it is beneficial if one recites them at any time of the day because if you recite them then every thing - living, non-living, the angels & all of Allah SWT creation in this world looks at you with a lot of compassion.

Musa abu A'isha

Aussie Muslim
Shaeeh Muslim - 1/418 tells us to say

Say Subhaan Allaah, Al-Hamdulillaah, Allaahu Akbar 33 times each.

After them, make it 100 by saying - Laa Ilaaha illa Allaahu Wahduhu Laa Shareeka Lah, Lahul-Mulk, wa lahul-Hamd, wa Huwa `Ala Kulli Shay'in Qadeer

shazia1972

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR FOR REMINDING THESE THINGS.EASY TO DO AND SO MUCH TO GAIN.
CAN I ASK FOR HELP ?
I WANT TO MAKE SOME MUSLIM WOMEN FRIENDS WHO ARE PRACTCING.

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
There are two characteristics that whenever the Muslim maintains them will enter Jannah. These two traits are easy to possess. However, only a few people acquire them. Say “ Subhanallah” ten times, “Al-Hamduillah” ten times and “Allahu akbar” ten times at the end of each Salah.

By practicing this deed you earn one hundred and fifty rewards for your tongue and one thousand five hundred for the scale (of good deeds). And before you go to sleep say “Subhanallah” thirty three times, Al-Hamdulilah” thirty three times and Allahu akbar thirty four times.

By saying these words before you sleep you gain one hundred good deeds for your tongue and one thousand deeds for the scale.

The companions (may Allah be pleased with them) asked” Oh messenger :saw: , How is that these deeds are easy, yet few people do them?

He :saw: said,” Right after a person finishes praying Shaytan comes to him and reminds him of something that he has to do. There fore this person gets up and leaves without saying these words. Additionally, when he lies in his bed Shaitan comes to him and causes him to fall asleep before he mentions these words.

‘Abdullah ibn ‘Amr(may Allah be pleased with him)said , “ I saw the messenger of Allah :saw: say these words using his hand to count them.

Collected by Abu Dawud(5065), At-Tirmithi(3410)Nisa’i(926)and Ahmed(2/205) Imam An-Nawwawee graded the isnad of this hadeeth as being Saheeh and Imam At-Tirmithi said this hadeeth is Hasan Saheeh.

Badrudeen ‘Al-‘Aynee(855H. May Allah have mercy on him) commented on this hadeeth in his book “ Al-Ilmul Hayyab fee Sharhil Kalamee Tayyib

2. The narrator of the hadeeth wasn’t exactly sure if it he (peace and blessings be upon him)said, “ÎóÕúáóÊóÇäö Ãóæú ÎóáøóÊóÇäö”

3. Whenever the Muslim maintains them: Muslims don’t acquire these two traits; as they don’t practice them deed as a norm.

4. One hundred and fifty for the tongue: If a person says these words after the five daily prayers they will total 150 as 30 X 5= 150

5. One thousand five hundred: Means that every good word which totals 10 is multiplied by 10, so if we sum 150 x 10 we get 1500.

6. Say “Alalahu Akbar” thirty four times: This is the second trait. The first one is to say “Subhanallah, Al-Hamdulilah and Allahu Akbar “thirty three times after each obligatory Salah.

7. One hundred good deeds for the tongue: This is earned because “Allahu Akbar is said thirty four times, Al-Hamdulilah is thirty three times and Subhanallah is thirty three times, and the total of those is one hundred. And to multiply one hundred by ten you get a sum of -1,000 for the scale.

8. The prophet :saw: used his hands: He counted the number of times he said them with his hand.

9. The companions said,” How is it that…? :These two traits aren’t acquired by many. In other words they asked how is it that something so easy is neglected; as it’s known that when something is easy to do a lot of people do it.

Consequently he :saw: explained why few people obtain these traits. Shaytan comes to a person when he goes to bed and continues to whisper to the son of Adam until he falls asleep.

Also Shaytan comes to person while he is praying and continues to whispers thoughts and ides that wasn’t in his mind before. Therefore he gets up after finishing the prayer and leaves before saying these words.

• The invocation and the mention of Allah’s names are a means for the servant to enter Jannah.
  • The scale is a fact.
  • Shaitan is persistent with his whispers to the son of Adam during prayer and at bed time. ( end of Explanation)
As Salaamu Alaikum, great advice 4 us all 2 remember, everything i've read says that each should b said 33x's each. where did u get 10 from?

Almaas

Alhumdolillah my mother always taght us to say these beautiful words after our Salaah, but i never realised the amount of reward gained from it.

JazakAllah for the post :)

ahmad al magtani

Kulo Nuwun
Good

Shaeeh Muslim - 1/418 tells us to say

Say Subhaan Allaah, Al-Hamdulillaah, Allaahu Akbar 33 times each.

After them, make it 100 by saying - Laa Ilaaha illa Allaahu Wahduhu Laa Shareeka Lah, Lahul-Mulk, wa lahul-Hamd, wa Huwa `Ala Kulli Shay'in Qadeer

Alhamdulillah,I've done it...exactly....good Dzikr

Muteea

Reply to Deeds that can be done

Brothers and Sisters.

Do you honestly believe that Allah can be manipulated by things like this. Allah the creator of heaven and earth, the powerful one, the HOLY one, can just overlook our sins; our lies; our bad thoughts; etc...Just by these words. If that's the case, then why not all people do this and earn millions of Good deeds.

And even if we can manipulate Allah by words, eventhough, he knows our thoughts and our intentions, can we for sure feel safe and have a guarantee that our Good deeds will outweigh our Bad deeds. And even if we know that we have more good deeds than bad deeds, can we be certain to know that we are forgiven!

The Law (works) does not help us at all. All it does, it helps realize that we are sinners and will always be sinners.

Christ is the end of the Law. He is the Way; the Truth; and the Life. He is the Door to Heaven. He is the path of righteousness. No one enters into Heaven except by Him. His gift is Free and offers us ETERNAL LIFE.

Do we want to depend on our work (without any guarentee), or do we want to depend on the work of Christ who said on the cross; It is FINISHED.

Lord bless you.

Muteea:

salam2:

• The scale is a fact.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Brothers and Sisters.

Do you honestly believe that Allah can be manipulated by things like this. Allah the creator of heaven and earth, the powerful one, the HOLY one, can just overlook our sins; our lies; our bad thoughts; etc...Just by these words. If that's the case, then why not all people do this and earn millions of Good deeds.

And even if we can manipulate Allah by words, eventhough, he knows our thoughts and our intentions, can we for sure feel safe and have a guarantee that our Good deeds will outweigh our Bad deeds. And even if we know that we have more good deeds than bad deeds, can we be certain to know that we are forgiven!

The Law (works) does not help us at all. All it does, it helps realize that we are sinners and will always be sinners.

Christ is the end of the Law. He is the Way; the Truth; and the Life. He is the Door to Heaven. He is the path of righteousness. No one enters into Heaven except by Him. His gift is Free and offers us ETERNAL LIFE.

Do we want to depend on our work (without any guarentee), or do we want to depend on the work of Christ who said on the cross; It is FINISHED.

Lord bless you.

Muteea:

salam2:

LOL, Hi Muteea... I see that you are a christian from your profile

hope you doing okay :)

if what you said is true (that jesus would grant us paradise even if we sin all sins that we want), maaaan, that would be coooool... EXCEPT, THAT'S NOT TRUE and makes noooooo sense.... one can make up a religion and say as he like, but is that religion true???? one may tell you: if you give me a candy, i would guarantee you a big house in one year... maaan, this would be nice except, this can NOT be true...

christians got the idea of jesus (peace be up on him) is a savior from bible... therefore, bible should be book of God... book of God would have no mistakes!!!...however, bible has many mistakes, therefore, bible can't be book of God (bible has changed by man!)!!! which follows, the story of jesus been a savior is NOT true since it came from the bible!!! <<< makes sense, right???

please check link bellow...."101 contradictions in the Bible"
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32096

Bible Compared to Quran
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24701

May Allah Guide you to the right path, Muteea :salah:

"Allah the Almighty has said: 'O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me, and hope in Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds in the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I shall forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with an earthful of sins and were you then to face Me, without having associated anything with Me, I shall grant you an earthful of pardon.'"