A JOKE of a (Former) PRESIDENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansari

STRANGER...
:salam2:

:hawla:

Allah's Messenger:saw2: said, “Woe to the one who speaks and tells a lie in order to make the people laugh at it. Woe to him. Then again, woe to him.” (Al-Tirmidhi)

“O you who believe! Let not a group ridicule another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it to insult one’s brother after having Faith” (Surah Hujuraat 49:11)

Allah's Messenger:saw2: said, “Do not express malicious joy towards your brother’s misfortune, for Allah may have mercy on him and you may be stricken by the thing you made fun of.” (Al-Tirmidhi)

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do you know what is backbiting? They (the Companions) said: Allah and His Messenger know best. Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Backbiting implies your talking about your brother in a manner which he does not like. It was said to him: What is your opinion about this that if I actually find (that failing) in my brother which I made a mention of? He said: If (that failing) is actually found (in him) what you assert, you in fact backbited him, and if that is not in him it is a slander.
[Muslim :: Book 32 : Hadith 6265]

Allah knows best.
:wasalam:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

JazakAllahu Khayran akhi ansari for mentioning the appropriate hadeeth with regards to joking.

We should not *cook up* false stories and attribute it to others just for the sake of laughs. This is not acceptable form of joking as per Islam.

Let us read and contemplate of the following hadeeth :-

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Woe to the one who tells lies to make people laugh, woe to him.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, warning against this kind of behaviour which some jokers are accustomed to: “A man may say something to make his companions laugh, and he will fall into Hell as far as the Pleiades because of it.” (Narrated by Ahmad).

Status
Not open for further replies.