A little lost....

christina28

Hell everyone, my name is Christina. I am from TN, US. I have considered converting to islam, I just want to be sure I am doing it for the right reasons. I was raised christian although my parents rarely went to church. In my adult I joined a church, became a member and went every Sunday, was very active in the church functions and so on. The only problem was that I didnt really feel the spirit. After 3 years, I just stopped going. I wouldnt say I sin more than the next person but I really need to make God/Allah the biggest part of my life. My boyfriend is a muslim from Jordan and my best friend is married to an Iraqi man. No one is pushing anything on me, but I greatly appreciate their faith and will. All of the muslims I have came accross are beautiful people, so content and happy with their lives no matter the situation. I would love to have that peace. If I decided to convert, it would be very hard because of my friends and family. I dont want anyone to think that Im doing it for any other reason but to better myself and live in the way God intends. If anyone has any suggestions or can offer me any advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

kiki18

welcome to this wonderful site :D
i hope you enjoy ur stay. also don't hesitate to ask questions :)

i told my parents almost a year after i converted :) so you don't have to tell them right away, wait for the best time to do it.

ayesha_r

Muslimah
:salam2:
:SMILY206: to TTI
enjoy your stay dear sis
May ALLAH guides you to the staright path an dmake everything easy for you.AMeen
take care
:wasalam:

sunnyhayat

Still trying to increas Imaan
Read quran and communicate to friends here u will never feel lonely and will be guided to path of truth

revert2007

Love Fishing
i know islam for a very long time.u can say i grew up with islam.i kow islam since 8 years old.but syatan has put me for a long delay.Alhamdulilah Allah has helped me to go through it.i know there are many people out there who believes in Allah yet they are confuse of what to do and how to react.

being a muslim is about submitting urself to Allah.the world doesnt need to know that ur a muslim but it is between u and Allah.that is what i was todl when i took my syahadah online.nothing is impossible.u must be determined and go for it.u can give a sencon though for anything but never for shahadah.

Ashadu an la ilaha illa'llah.
Ashadu anna Muhammadan Rasululu'llah.

I bear witness that there is no God to be worshiped but Allah,
and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Welcome home , honey .
you'll find every beautiful thing in Islam
and u can learn it easily in sha'a Allah
and we are all here to help u :)

Have a luck :)

icadams

As-salamu Alaykum wa-Rahmatullahi wa-Barakatuhu,

Welcome to the TTI website. As a convert myself I understand how you feel, and the difficulties involved in coming to the necessary decisions. You do not need to tell your family and friends until you are ready to. Also, be sure that becoming a Muslim is a decision that you are making for yourself and not to please someone else.

May Allah, subhana wa ta'ala, guide you and give you the peace that you are looking for.

revert2007

Love Fishing
As-salamu Alaykum wa-Rahmatullahi wa-Barakatuhu,

Welcome to the TTI website. As a convert myself I understand how you feel, and the difficulties involved in coming to the necessary decisions. You do not need to tell your family and friends until you are ready to. Also, be sure that becoming a Muslim is a decision that you are making for yourself and not to please someone else.

May Allah, subhana wa ta'ala, guide you and give you the peace that you are looking for.

she has converted Alhamdulilah
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58578

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Sister, I think your intention is crystal clear. Go ahead. Make du'a (supplication) for Allah to make things easy for you, inshAllah I will make du'a for you too. I did the same thing, asked Allah to make things easy for me during my reversion to Islam. Though initially I was placed under extreme pressure which was including death threat for announcing my reversion to Islam but alhamdulillah I sufferred little for only 2 years. Now everyone has accepted me and my wife who also reverted with me.

Nazleen

Read quran and communicate to friends here u will never feel lonely and will be guided to path of truth

True brother.
well put.
Here we have a great family and we should not hesitate to ask questions.
All of us here is at everyone 's dispositions to help each other.
Just ask anything? and we will reply with with pleasure.;)

Nazleen

:salam2:
Sister, I think your intention is crystal clear. Go ahead. Make du'a (supplication) for Allah to make things easy for you, inshAllah I will make du'a for you too. I did the same thing, asked Allah to make things easy for me during my reversion to Islam. Though initially I was placed under extreme pressure which was including death threat for announcing my reversion to Islam but alhamdulillah I sufferred little for only 2 years. Now everyone has accepted me and my wife who also reverted with me.
:salam2:brother.Your story has aroused my curiosity, can you pls share your story with me or with us.
I am keen to know more about your conversion to islam. Your story sounds veryyyyyyyy interesting. If ever you have already told your story , can you pls tell where it is. I am new here.
Any way bro, all the best.May Allah the Almighty bless you and your wife.