A New Member of the Forum

Neutrino

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Assalamu-Alaikum. Ramadan Mubarak.

I am a muslim male of the age of about 60 plus. I have just joined the Forum to learn more about the Islamic practices so that I could be a better practicing muslim. May Allah (SWT) give me peace of mind for the rest of my life.

Personally, I am currently going through a period of severe emotional pain since my wife (of about 35 years of marriage) passed away recently after prolonged illness for several years. We used to love and care for each other so much that it has become extremely difficult for me now to withstand the pains and move forward.For me, life appears to have stopped virtually.

Can any member(s) of the Forum suggest any "Dua" (including any suggestions within the bounds of Islam) so that Allah (SWT) may lessen my pains and give me the strength to move forward in life by bestowing HIS mercy on me.

May Allah (SWT) bless us all.

Yours,

Neutrino

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

Please allow me to welcome you to the family. I can not express words for your loss but know it is temporary. Insha'Allah, I will dig up a dua as will all the members of this family.
We are a family here. We are sincerely brothers and sisters. Wait until you read our hot topics. Sometimes I feel we need bells and time outs. Yet, we are all striving to Please Allah.

You are one of the lucky ones in life. You were able to experience love at its best. I believe you will be the one who will be helping others to better themselves.

There are times in life when the formal supplications are set aside for the intimate conversation with Allah. Often, I simply break down and allow my heart to speak for my condition.

Please feel comfortable with us and start responding.

your sister in faith,
aapa

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Wa-alaykum-us-Salaam wa'Rahmatullaah,

Welcome to the Forum brother and Ramadaan Mubarak to you.

May Allah (Subhaanahu wa ta'aala) have mercy on your wife, make it easier for her in the hereafter and reunite you both in Jannat. Ameen.

Refer to the post below for the invocation of when something is becoming difficult for you (it was the only one pre-prepared I could find). (It is from the book 'Fortress of the Muslim' which is a concise authentic supplication book).

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=308144&postcount=45

Insha'Allaah, I will reply again in this thread with a few other invocations in the same format above relating to times of worry and grief and anguish.

Again, welcome and it is a pleasure to have you in the community.

EDIT: I hope my initial post did not come across as callous. I ask that you forgive me. I pray that Allah makes it easy for her in the hereafter and for you. No doubt this will be a difficult time but (as you will be well aware) it is a test from Allah in life, on this occasion of patience. May Allah grant you patience. Ameen. I think we learn to live with the loss we have suffered but we never get over it (the memories and everything else). We hope in Allah that He makes it easy for them in hereafter and that He blesses us with patience in what He has willed.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum,

I might have to separate this across a few posts. First will be included the transliteration of the du'aa', the translation in English and the attached audio files for that supplication for the sake of memorisation (if you want to).

I am unable to post the Arabic text for these supplications, sorry (if another brother or sister can post then go ahead, Insha'Allaah).

Invocations in times of worry and grief

Allaahumma innee 'abduka, ibnu 'abdika, ibnu amatika, naasiyatee biyadika, maadhin fiyya hukmuka, 'adlun fiyya qadhaa'uka, as'aluka bikulli ismin huwa laka, sammaita bihi nafsaka, aw anzaltahu fee kitaabika, aw 'allamtahu ahadan min khalqika, awista'tharta bihi fee 'ilmil-ghaibi 'indaka, an taj'alal-Quraana rabee'a qalbee, wa noora sadree, wa jalaa'a huznee, wa dha-haaba hammee.

Oh Allah, I am Your slave and the son of Your male slave and the son of your female slave. My forehead is in Your Hand (i.e., you have control over me). Your judgement upon me is assured and Your decree concerning me is just. I ask You by every Name that You have named Yourself with, revealed in Your Book, taught any one of Your creation or kept unto Yourself in the knowledge of the unseen that is with You, to make the Qur'aan the spring of my heart, and the light of my chest, the banisher of my sadness and the reliever of my distress.

(Ahmad, 1/391 and Al-Albaani graded it authentic).

Attachments

• Du'aa' in times of worry and grief Line 1.mp3
    60.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Du'aa' in times of worry and grief Line 2.mp3
    31.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Du'aa' in times of worry and grief Line 3.mp3
    69.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Du'aa' in times of worry and grief Line 4.mp3
    57.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Du'aa' in times of worry and grief Line 5.mp3
    55.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Du'aa' in times of worry and grief Line 10.mp3
    86.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Du'aa' in times of worry and grief Line 9.mp3
    80.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Du'aa' in times of worry and grief Line 8.mp3
    59.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Du'aa' in times of worry and grief Line 7.mp3
    50.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Du'aa' in times of worry and grief Line 6.mp3
    54.5 KB · Views: 15

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Continued attached files

Additional files for the above supplication.

Attachments

• Du'aa' in times of worry and grief Full Version.mp3
    815.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Du'aa' in times of worry and grief Line 14.mp3
    46.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Du'aa' in times of worry and grief Line 13.mp3
    49 KB · Views: 16
  • Du'aa' in times of worry and grief Line 12.mp3
    55.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Du'aa' in times of worry and grief Line 11.mp3
    87.5 KB · Views: 18

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Allaahumma innee a'uthu bika minal-hammi wal-hazani, wal-'ajzi wal-kasali, wal-bukhli wal-jubni, wa dhala'id-daini wa ghalabatir-rijaal.

Oh Allah, I seek refuge in you from grief and sadness, from weakness and from laziness, from miserliness and from cowardice, from being overcome by debt and overpowered by men (i.e., others).

(Al-Bukhaari, 7/158. See also Fath al-Baari 11/173)

Attachments

• Second Du'aa' for worry Full Version.mp3
    268.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Second Du'aa' for worry Line 4.mp3
    74.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Second Du'aa' for worry Line 3.mp3
    56.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Second Du'aa' for worry Line 2.mp3
    53.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Second Du'aa' for worry Line 1.mp3
    93.1 KB · Views: 12

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Invocations for anguish

Allaahumma rahmataka arjoo falaa takilnee ilaa nafsee tarfata 'ainin, wa aslih lee sha'nee kullaahu, laa ilaaha illa Anta.

Oh Allah, I hope for Your mercy. Do not leave me to myself even for the blinking of an eye (i.e., a moment). Correct all of my affairs for me. There is none worthy of worship but You.

(Abu Dawood, 4/324, Ahmad, 5/42. Al-Albaani graded it is as good in Sahih Abu Dawood 3/959)

Attachments

• Second Du'aa' for anguish Line 1.mp3
    124.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Second Du'aa' for anguish Line 2.mp3
    68.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Second Du'aa' for anguish Line 3.mp3
    64.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Second Du'aa' for anguish Full Version.mp3
    254.7 KB · Views: 16

Neutrino

Assalamu-alaikum, Brother "ditta",

Many thanks for all the replies attaching different "Du'aa' s and welcoming me to the Community. These (with english translations) will be very helpful for me by the Grace of Allah (SWT). I would also like to express my sincere thanks for the kind words that you used as regards the sad demise of my wife. May Allah (SWT) forgive all our sins.

Neutrino

Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

Please allow me to welcome you to the family. I can not express words for your loss but know it is temporary. Insha'Allah, I will dig up a dua as will all the members of this family.
We are a family here. We are sincerely brothers and sisters. Wait until you read our hot topics. Sometimes I feel we need bells and time outs. Yet, we are all striving to Please Allah.

You are one of the lucky ones in life. You were able to experience love at its best. I believe you will be the one who will be helping others to better themselves.

There are times in life when the formal supplications are set aside for the intimate conversation with Allah. Often, I simply break down and allow my heart to speak for my condition.

Please feel comfortable with us and start responding.

your sister in faith,
aapa
Wa-alaikum-us-salaam, Sister "Aapa",

Many thanks for your reply. I would like to express my sincere thanks for the kind words that you used as regards the sad demise of my wife. May Allah (SWT) forgive all her sins and grant her"Jannatul Ferdous". You will be amazed to know that my wife passed away reciting "Kalima" and she passed away on the day that was also my birthday. Allah knows the best what do these concidences signify.May Allah (SWT) forgive all our sins.

Your brother in faith,
Neutrino

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu. . .

Welcome to the forums. I'm really sorry for your loss. Thirty five years is a long time Mashaa'Allah. Thank Allaah to have blessed you with such a wonderful wife and life. It is Ramadan, find solace in enjoying it's blessings Inshaa'Allaah. It may well be our turn the very next second. One of us may actually "be" in her world as the hour passes by. May Allaah grant you both the blessed end of the the other world to be able to spend a blessed eternal life together.

Sadness is due to attachment to the person but shaitan adds the spice to it too. Inshaa'Allaah those invocation will help you ward him off and prepare for your own destiny.

May Allaah ease your pain and give you sabr. May Allaah widen her grave, unite you with her in Jannah, find a place under His shade of mercy and accept your deeds. Ameen Ya Rabby!

Neutrino

Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu. . .

Welcome to the forums. I'm really sorry for your loss. Thirty five years is a long time Mashaa'Allah. Thank Allaah to have blessed you with such a wonderful wife and life. It is Ramadan, find solace in enjoying it's blessings Inshaa'Allaah. It may well be our turn the very next second. One of us may actually "be" in her world as the hour passes by. May Allaah grant you both the blessed end of the the other world to be able to spend a blessed eternal life together.

Sadness is due to attachment to the person but shaitan adds the spice to it too. Inshaa'Allaah those invocation will help you ward him off and prepare for your own destiny.

May Allaah ease your pain and give you sabr. May Allaah widen her grave, unite you with her in Jannah, find a place under His shade of mercy and accept your deeds. Ameen Ya Rabby!
Wa-alaikum-us-Salaam, Sister (seeking Allah's mercy),

I would like to express my sincere thanks for the kind words that you used as regards the sad demise of my wife. May Allah (SWT) forgive all her sins and grant her Jannatul Ferdous.You will be amazed to know that she passed away reciting "Kalima" and she passed away on the day which was also my birthday. Only Allah (SWT) knows the meaning of these coincidences. May Allah (SWT) forgive all our sins.

Your brother in faith,

Neutrino

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Wa-alaikum-us-Salaam, Sister (seeking Allah's mercy),

I would like to express my sincere thanks for the kind words that you used as regards the sad demise of my wife. May Allah (SWT) forgive all her sins and grant her Jannatul Ferdous.You will be amazed to know that she passed away reciting "Kalima" and she passed away on the day which was also my birthday. Only Allah (SWT) knows the meaning of these coincidences. May Allah (SWT) forgive all our sins.

Your brother in faith,

Neutrino

Ameen. May her last words be the heaviest on the scale.

I would have you as "Father/Uncle In Islaam". We've got Aapa as TTI's Motherly member. May Allah bless her for her contribution here. You can advice us on "fatherly" issues Inshaa'Allaah.

Baraakallah feek.

esperanza

revert of many years
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Assalamu-Alaikum. Ramadan Mubarak.

I am a muslim male of the age of about 60 plus. I have just joined the Forum to learn more about the Islamic practices so that I could be a better practicing muslim. May Allah (SWT) give me peace of mind for the rest of my life.

Personally, I am currently going through a period of severe emotional pain since my wife (of about 35 years of marriage) passed away recently after prolonged illness for several years. We used to love and care for each other so much that it has become extremely difficult for me now to withstand the pains and move forward.For me, life appears to have stopped virtually.

Can any member(s) of the Forum suggest any "Dua" (including any suggestions within the bounds of Islam) so that Allah (SWT) may lessen my pains and give me the strength to move forward in life by bestowing HIS mercy on me.

May Allah (SWT) bless us all.

Yours,

Neutrino

welcome brother,,,may Allah comfort you in your sadness and give you strength to move forward

Yaapin

Wa alaeikum salam Brother,

Ramadan Kareem to you too.

Welcome to the TTI Family. InshaAllah, your stay will be comfortable with us.
May I pass my heart felt gratitude & sincere condolences. May Allah SWT forgive her sins & protect her from adhabal kabr InshaAllah .. Ameen

I know that once you're attached to someone you are very close to & love alot, it gets hard to cope when they aren't around. But do know that she has gone to a better place (relieved from her illness & pain in suffering due to sickness) & a Better Person (Allah) to whom we all belong.

Take it easy & InshaAllah, jst do pray alot in the times you feel lonely & sad...

Here's a dua that will bring you relief...

Allahumma inee `authubika min al-Hammi wal Huzn
wal `ijzi wal kasal
wal bukhli wal jubn
wa ghalibat al-dayni wa qahr al-rijali

Allahumma salee `ala sayyidina muhammadan
tubbul quloobi wa da'waiha
wa `afiyatal abdani wa shifa`aha
wa nur al-absari wa diya'aha
wa `ala aleehi wa sahbihi wa sallim (in abundance)

Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyum bi Rahmatika Astagheeth.

WHEN VISITING THE GRAVE:
Assalamu alaykum ahlad-diyaari minal mu'mineena, wa inna insha'Allahu bikum laahiquna [wa yarhamul-lahul musta-qadimeena mina wal-musta' khireena] as'alul laaha lana wa lakumul 'aafiyah

InshaAllah you will be relievd of your pain.

Stay Blessed

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamu'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh Brother Neutrino,

I was meant to reply to your thread earlier but keep postponing it as I was looking for a "perfect" time to reply comfortably. However, I realize that I won't actually have a "perfect" time, so here goes. [Please excuse me for the rant]

First let me and the members of this forum welcome you to our community. It is nice to have you here, Mashaa Allaah. Brother Ditta has given you an exceptional amount of du'a so I pray that may Allaah The Al-Mighty and The Healer of the heart put some peacefulness and tranquility in your heart despite of your recent loss. And may Allaah grant your beloved wife with a heavy scale of goodness on The Day of Judgment and grant to both of you; also us; muslimeen and muslimaat - Jannah. Ameen Ameen Ameen.

Brother, if its OK for me to ask, do you have children? It is said in a hadeeth that the supplication of pious children to his/her parents after they've passed away is counted as a continuous deed which Allaah will answers, bi ithnillah.

The Prophet mentions this specifically in a Hadith related by Muslim, An-Nassaie, Abu Dawood, as well as Al-Bukhari in “Al-Adab Al-Mufrad” on the authority of Abu Hurairah: “When a person dies, his actions come to an end, except in one of three ways: A continuing act of charity, (or sadaqah), or a useful contribution to knowledge, or a righteous child who prays for him.”

I hope you don't mind me making my post a bit long as I want to share the story of The Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalaam during the time he :saw: was to be called to meet Allaah subhanahu wa Ta'ala.

When Jibreel came to Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalam house, Fathimah radiyallahu anha hesitated to let Jibreel in as she knows what it means [that the time for her father :saw: time is getting near]. But the Prophet Muhammad :saw: asked her to let Jibreel enter the house. Jibreel came to say his last farewell to Prophet Muhammad :saw:. When the time is getting near and near, Fathimah felt very sad and cried. As a very loving father who loved her daughter dearly, he couldn't stand the tears of his daughter. So, Prophet Muhammad whispered something in her ear that made Fathimah smile. This was witnessed by A'ishah radiyallahu anha as she later asked Fathimah radiyallahu anha what was it that Prophet Muhammad whispered to her that made her smile. Fathimah then said that she cried because she knew its time that her father will leave this duniya. But then she smiled because Prophet Muhammad :saw: assured her that she [Fathimah] will follow him along [to meet Allaah] very soon and that Fathimah will be among the earliest people to enter Jannah. Mashaa Allaah, just listening to this Siraah can make one cry.

Inshaa Allaah, someday it will be our turn to meet The Lord and may we all be among those who will be gather with Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalam and his families [radiyaAllaahu anhum].

Brother, it could be that because of your wife's demise, it made you closer and closer to Allaah, igniting your desires to be near The Creator of The World and The Hereafter thus making you among one of the best Muslims in this recent time, inshaa Allaah. At that time, somehow, I am sure she [May Allaah bless her soul] feels very happy for you. :)

I have said it earlier but would like to apologize again for the long post. Hope at least some; if not all, of my words bring comforts to you, inshaa Allaah.

Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullah.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
Welcome to TTI dear brother Neutrino,

Sorry to know about your wife's death. But this is inevitable for all of us, as we all know that one day everyone has to leave this world and meet our Lord.

My dua is that Allah (SWT) have mercy on her soul, forgive her sins and on the Day of Judgement grant her Jannah Al-Firdous. Ameen.

Do you have children? If yes then do they live with you or close to you?

You have picked a nice scientific name of "Neutrino". Are you a scientific?

See you around, InshaAllah.
:wasalam:

Neutrino

Assalamu'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh Brother Neutrino,

I was meant to reply to your thread earlier but keep postponing it as I was looking for a "perfect" time to reply comfortably. However, I realize that I won't actually have a "perfect" time, so here goes. [Please excuse me for the rant]

First let me and the members of this forum welcome you to our community. It is nice to have you here, Mashaa Allaah. Brother Ditta has given you an exceptional amount of du'a so I pray that may Allaah The Al-Mighty and The Healer of the heart put some peacefulness and tranquility in your heart despite of your recent loss. And may Allaah grant your beloved wife with a heavy scale of goodness on The Day of Judgment and grant to both of you; also us; muslimeen and muslimaat - Jannah. Ameen Ameen Ameen.

Brother, if its OK for me to ask, do you have children? It is said in a hadeeth that the supplication of pious children to his/her parents after they've passed away is counted as a continuous deed which Allaah will answers, bi ithnillah.

I hope you don't mind me making my post a bit long as I want to share the story of The Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalaam during the time he :saw: was to be called to meet Allaah subhanahu wa Ta'ala.

When Jibreel came to Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalam house, Fathimah radiyallahu anha hesitated to let Jibreel in as she knows what it means [that the time for her father :saw: time is getting near]. But the Prophet Muhammad :saw: asked her to let Jibreel enter the house. Jibreel came to say his last farewell to Prophet Muhammad :saw:. When the time is getting near and near, Fathimah felt very sad and cried. As a very loving father who loved her daughter dearly, he couldn't stand the tears of his daughter. So, Prophet Muhammad whispered something in her ear that made Fathimah smile. This was witnessed by A'ishah radiyallahu anha as she later asked Fathimah radiyallahu anha what was it that Prophet Muhammad whispered to her that made her smile. Fathimah then said that she cried because she knew its time that her father will leave this duniya. But then she smiled because Prophet Muhammad :saw: assured her that she [Fathimah] will follow him along [to meet Allaah] very soon and that Fathimah will be among the earliest people to enter Jannah. Mashaa Allaah, just listening to this Siraah can make one cry.

Inshaa Allaah, someday it will be our turn to meet The Lord and may we all be among those who will be gather with Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalam and his families [radiyaAllaahu anhum].

Brother, it could be that because of your wife's demise, it made you closer and closer to Allaah, igniting your desires to be near The Creator of The World and The Hereafter thus making you among one of the best Muslims in this recent time, inshaa Allaah. At that time, somehow, I am sure she [May Allaah bless her soul] feels very happy for you. :)

I have said it earlier but would like to apologize again for the long post. Hope at least some; if not all, of my words bring comforts to you, inshaa Allaah.

Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullah.
Assalamu'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh Sister Aisya al-Humaira and other Sisters (yaapin,Aapa,esperanza and Seeking Allah's mercy),

Yes, Sister Aisya al-Humaira, to be honest,because of my wife's sad demise, I am making all efforts to be closer and closer to Allaah (SWT), thus igniting my desires to be near The Creator of The World and The Hereafter, inshaa Allah.

Many thanks for your detailed write-up. I liked it. I would like to express my thanks to yourself and my other sisters (in faith) for the way in which you all came out to help me from my pains through this Forum. Surely, this will help to ease my pains to a great extent. May Allah(SWT) bestow HIS mercy on me in this regard. I have also received several Dua's from one of the Brothers (Ditta) and sister Yaapin which will be very helpful.I have already started reciting these Duaa's as much as possible.

Yes, I have children who are all grown ups and live around me. But as you can understand, the pains/emotional attachment of a husband in losing a beloved wife (of over three decades of marriage)is totally different from those of the rest of the relatives, including the grown-up children. May Allah (SWT) give me patience through prayers to HIM.

Thanks once again. May Allah (SWT) bless you all.

Your Brother in faith,

Neutrino

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is so hard to wake up and be alone. We have to go through the motions of life. We have to relearn the basics all over again. Those little things we took for granted are no longer there.

But, each day we become stronger as we approach the duties of life. Our relationship with Allah intensifies. Many a learned soul has written beautifully how this period can be one of intense growth.

So stay strong brother. And you are most welcome to engage me in a debate on any subject under the sun. It is mere filler but maybe we can manage a smile.

Please take the time to respond to any thread on the forum.

Neutrino

Ameen. May her last words be the heaviest on the scale.

I would have you as "Father/Uncle In Islaam". We've got Aapa as TTI's Motherly member. May Allah bless her for her contribution here. You can advice us on "fatherly" issues Inshaa'Allaah.

Baraakallah feek.
Assalamu'alaykum, Sister (Seeking Allah's mercy),

Many thanks for your kind words to ease my pains through prayers to the Almighty Allah (SWT). Many many thanks for your sentiment that you expressed in your last message that "I would have you as "Father/Uncle In Islaam".May Allah (SWT) reward you for your simplicity of mind and future contributions in this Forum.

May Allah(SWT) bless us all.

Yours,

Neutrino