A new member who needs advice and understanding !!!!

emerald G

she passed away

Hi everyone,
Remember I told you guys that my best friend was sick... well she passed away today. I can't belive this is happening.
Well I don't know what muslims do in that kind of situations but maybe we could all have a thought for her.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Hi everyone,
Remember I told you guys that my best friend was sick... well she passed away today. I can't belive this is happening.
Well I don't know what muslims do in that kind of situations but maybe we could all have a thought for her.

Innalillahi WaInnaIlaehi raaji'oon.
"Verily, we are from Allah and unto Him will we return"

Sister, its so sad to know about this.
May Allah SWT give patience to the relatives of your friends and May Allah give patience to you also.

While your friend has passed, it reminds me that each and every person will have to face death and I too. May God save us from going to astray and May God help us that we die in Faith and not as refusing Him.

Death is the biggest bitter reality on this earth for every person no matter he believes in God or not. But the one who dies in Faith and in the way of the Creator then death becomes his transition from this world to a better world where there will be no worries and not pain.

The fourth Caliph of Islam, Ali (R.A.) said: "I identified my Creator by the negation of my wills".
That means, you cant attain whatever you keep wishing for, there is some superior Diety on you Who's order is more superior to your wills and it is HE who decides your destiny. So the negation of your will means existence of someone who can order against your will.

I hope Allah will give you patience and will bless you will right guidance and when you die then you die in Faith.
And if your friend died in Faith, then I pray May Allah SWT forgive her sins and enter her into paradise. Aameen.

Bye.

LoveIslam

ALLAH FORGIVE US
WARM WELLCOME

HI
SISTER EMERALD
:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:TO TURN TO ISLAM AS YOU TOLD YOR READING QURAN IT IS THE BEST SOURCE TO GAIN KNOWLEDGE ABOUT ISLAM BECAUSE IT IS WORD OF GOD ALLAH KEEPING READING IT YOU WILL FIND TRUE
AND FEEL FREE TO ASK AS MANY AS QUESTION YOU WANT INSHAALLAH WE WILL TRY OVER BEST TO ANSWER IT

TAKE CARE SISTER

I 'm very happy that I found this site, it really has given me something to turn to lately.
I grew up in a Christian family who didn't practice the religion very much, so I eventually became an atheist.
But a few weeks ago I started to realize the emptiness of atheism, I now find that there has to be more to life that just matter...
Then I went to a lecture about Islam and that was when I really got interested, I truly felt that Islam could bring me answers and help me.
Then two weeks ago I learned that my best friend is about to die of cancer, it was such a shock that it changed my whole perceptive of life.
And now I seek information and advice in the Islamic community.

So if anyone could tell me where to start to would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

habibafatima

daughter of islam
very sad to know about ur friend

Hi everyone,

"We r from ALLAH and unto Him will we return"
i just read all ur threads.i was going to send u a "wellcome" msg but ur last mail kept me to do so.m very sorry to know about ur friend.may ALLAH give u patience n to her parents.
we as Muslims are commanded to recite the verse on every kind of loss:"we r from ALLAH and unto Him will we return".it remindes that everything is given by ALLAH and when we stay patient at the loss we would certainly be rewarded.
my sister! on the death of so dear a person we can consol ourselves only on the hope of meeting him some other time,meaning in afterlife.our whole life is a preparation for afterlife and our afterlife depends upon in what state we die.so we should always be prepared in the state of Eemaan(the Faith).
i want to share some other things also but i can leave it for some other time.see u later.with all my affactions:SMILY252:
(sorry for my poor english)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salam,

Muslims are human beings...we pray and we grieve. You are in our prayers, healing takes time..please remain very active with your new family. Participate in discussions...ask questions...know you are not alone...at any given time of day..
In life we are so scared of death...however...death is the begining of the real life..your friend has gone home..rejoice because there is no more pain for her..
and talk to us...
we have so much to learn together..Inshalla, I will engage you in a discussion that will encourage you to write back..

emerald G

Thanks to all of you

I thank you all for your words, they have really help.
I have to say for now that I would like to keep talking to you guys but right now I just don't know what to talk about. Everything seems equally meaningless to me right now. But at the same time I feel that Islam could give me answers and give meaning to what's happening.
Maybe someone could tell me where in the Quran God speaks of the afterlife and death, I think I need to read about that.

thanks again.

IbnAlAawam

Salam Emerald,

"Say: 'O my Servants who Have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (The Noble Quran, 39:53)"

The use of the word "Say" in this Noble Verse means that Allah Almighty wants us to always remind each others by reciting this Noble Verse to those who need it.

Allah Almighty accepts our many sins: "If God were to punish men according to what they deserve, He would not leave on the back of the (earth) a single living creature: but He gives them respite for a stated Term: when their Term expires, verily God has in His sight all His Servants. (The Noble Quran, 35:45)"

Narrated Abu Huraira: "Allah's Apostle said, 'When Allah completed the creation, He wrote in His Book which is with Him on His Throne, 'My Mercy overpowers My Anger.' ' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Beginning of Creation, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 416)"

Also, I have found the following article that might be of interest to you.

Life and Beyond according to the Quran

11/14/2006 - Religious - Article Ref: IC0610-3124
Number of comments: 9
By: Muhammad Abdel Haleem

IslamiCity* -

In the Quran life in this world is an inseparable part of a continuum, a unified whole - life, death, life - which gives our life a context and relevance. In this context, the life of the individual is made meaningful and enriched inasmuch as it is full of 'good works'. Life in this world leads to the afterlife, a belief which is fundamental in the Quran. The afterlife is not treated in the Quran in a separate chapter, or as something on its own, for its own sake, but always in relation to life in this world.

Linguistically it is not possible in the Quran to talk about this life without semantic reference to the next since every term used for each is comparative with the other. Thus: al'ula and al-akhira (the First and the Last life), al-dunya and al-akhira (the nearer and the further/latter life). Neither has a name specific to itself, or independent of the other. Consequently, the frequency of the terms in the Quran is the same, in the case of dunya and akhira- each appears 115 times.

There is a reference, direct or indirect, to one aspect or another of the afterlife on almost every single page of the Quran. This follows from the fact that belief in the afterlife is an article of faith which has a bearing on every aspect of the present life and manifests itself in the discussion of the creed, the rituals, the ethics and the laws of Islam. In discussing the afterlife, moreover, the Quran addresses both believers and non-believers. The plan of two worlds and the relationship between them has been, from the beginning, part of the divine scheme of things:

It is God who created you, then He provided sustenance for you, then He will cause you to die, then He will give life back to you. Quran 30:40

It is We who give life and make to die and to Us is the homecoming. Quran 50:43

He created death and life that He might try you according to which of you is best in works. Quran 67:2

According to the Quran, belief in the afterlife, which is an issue fundamental to the mission of Muhammad, was also central to the mission of all prophets before him.

Belief in the afterlife is often referred to in conjunction with belief in God, as in the expression: 'If you believe in God and the Last Day'. Believers are frequently reminded in the Quran, 'Be mindful of God and know that you shall meet Him' (Quran 2:233) (used in this instance to urge fitting treatment of one's wife in intimate situations). 'To Him is the homecoming/ the return' (Quran 36:83; 40:3 and passim). As a belief in the afterlife is so fundamental to Islam, it is only right that Muslims should regularly be reminded of it not only throughout the pages of the Quran but also in their daily life. Practicing Muslims in their five daily prayers repeat their praise of God at least seventeen times a day, 'The Master of the Day of Judgment' (Quran 1:4) . Being inattentive to the afterlife (Quran 30:7) or to the prospect of coming to judgment (Quran 32:14) are signs of the unbeliever.

All this heightens the believer's sense of responsibility for actions in this life. In fact the principles and details of religion are meant to be seen within the framework of the interdependence of this life and the afterlife and to color the Muslims' conception of life and the universe and have a bearing on their actions in this life.

Excerpted from "Understanding The Quran" by Muhammad Abdel Haleem

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thank you all for your words, they have really help.
I have to say for now that I would like to keep talking to you guys but right now I just don't know what to talk about. Everything seems equally meaningless to me right now. But at the same time I feel that Islam could give me answers and give meaning to what's happening.
Maybe someone could tell me where in the Quran God speaks of the afterlife and death, I think I need to read about that.

thanks again.
Hi Emerald,

I hope and ask Allah swt to give you guidance and find the True Path,

No doubt that when we have not enough (convincing)information about life and death, then we feel a bit insecure and rather unhappy with our life in certain if not many situations.

But for sure He Who has created us from nothing and He Who possesses the whole of this universe has not left us without a guidance and information about why we are here, what is our purpose in life, why life and why death, and what after that. And I mean real information and convincing as well. And to that bare witness my brothers and sisters in Islam, those who were born in muslim families and those who have embraced islam after their search and guidance from Allah.

You need to read the Qur'an and see for yourself whether what I tell you is true or not, and judge by yourself.

And then you will find that these things life and death are just natural things and that life ends not with the death rather, for those who believed in Allah (swt) and His last Messenger (saws) and done righteous things in this life there will be a great reward awaiting them.

Here are some Ayahs (verses) from the Qur'an:

"Truly, those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh Islâmic Monotheism, and in His Messenger Muhammad SAW) and do righteous good deeds, for them will be an endless reward that will never stop (i.e. Paradise)."41:8

And they will say: "All the praises and thanks be to Allâh Who has fulfilled His Promise to us and has made us inherit (this) land. We can dwell in Paradise where we will; how excellent a reward for the (pious good) workers!" Chapter: Az-Zumar (39) Verse #: 74

And they will say: "All the praises and thanks be to Allâh Who has fulfilled His Promise to us and has made us inherit (this) land. We can dwell in Paradise where we will; how excellent a reward for the (pious good) workers!" Chapter: Az-Zumar (39) Verse #: 74

There's here also plenty of info on: The Day of Judgement and Life After Death

So you do not be worried nor saddened for by Allahs will if you get up and ask the One Creator of this whole universe (just by the name of the Creator if you feel at this time uncomfortable to call Him Allah - even though the name Allah is what the arab christians use for the Creator) with a sincere heart, Allah will insha'Allah hear you out. You can try it out, and continue so and never give hope for there is always a way out. ;)

Bye for now.

emerald G

the mosque and the hijab

As you pretty much all know now, I 'm interested in Islam and I'm thinking about going to the mosque to take contact with the muslim community. But now I'm wondering if I have to wear the scarf at the mosque... so maybe someone could tell me what I should do.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Hello,

Just wear decent dress which can cover your whole body and it should not be so tight to show the shapes. And better take some piece of cloth which you can wrap arond your bosom as well as you can cover your hair.

Wasslaam,
VE

habibafatima

daughter of islam
sister take it easy

sister mosques r not for Muslims only.everyone can enter it in his own dressing.u need not to be in Muslim appearance.anything u think suitable for the sacred environment of mosque u can wear it.dont be so worried about ur dressing.
sister note another thing.if u want to study Holy Quran try to study with audio commentry along with its translation.it will help u more.

emerald G

Muslims and church???

Hey, I have a question.
My best friend died last week and her funerals were Monday and I went, It seemed obvious that I had to go, but I was wondering if Muslims were allowed to go in catholic church. Obviously I did not pray to Jesus I prayed to god and I didn't do any of the rituals but I was just wondering... since I live with with alot of catholics this situation is going to happen again sooner or later and maybe by that time I will be a muslim, so I was just wondering.

Thank you
Emerald

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Hey, I have a question.
My best friend died last week and her funerals were Monday and I went, It seemed obvious that I had to go, but I was wondering if Muslims were allowed to go in catholic church. Obviously I did not pray to Jesus I prayed to god and I didn't do any of the rituals but I was just wondering... since I live with with alot of catholics this situation is going to happen again sooner or later and maybe by that time I will be a muslim, so I was just wondering.

Thank you
Emerald

Hello Sis,

Its better to avoid going to church but you can go share the sorrow of your dead friend with their family.

There are two views of the scholars.

One is:
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...nglish-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaEAskTheScholar

Second:“And never (O Muhammad) pray (funeral prayer) for any of them (hypocrites) who dies, nor stand at his grave. Certainly they disbelieved in Allaah and His Messenger, and died while they were Faasiqoon (rebellious, — disobedient to Allaah and His Messenger).” [al-Tawbah 9:84]

Question:
What is the ruling of Allaah concerning following the funeral procession of a kaafir – which has become a political practice and tradition followed by everyone?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

If there are people among the kuffaar who can bury their own dead, then the Muslims should not bury them, or join the kuffaar and help them to bury them, or try to please the kuffaar by joining the funeral procession, even if this is a political practice. Such things are not known from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or the Khulafaa’ al-Raashidoon. In fact, Allaah forbade His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to stand by the grave of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ubayy ibn Salool, and explained that the reason for this prohibition was that the man was a kaafir. Allaah said (interpretation of the meaning):

“And never (O Muhammad) pray (funeral prayer) for any of them (hypocrites) who dies, nor stand at his grave. Certainly they disbelieved in Allaah and His Messenger, and died while they were Faasiqoon (rebellious, — disobedient to Allaah and His Messenger).” [al-Tawbah 9:84]

If there is nobody among them who can bury their dead, then the Muslims should bury them, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did with those who were killed at Badr, and as he did with his uncle Abu Taalib, when he died, and he [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] said to ‘Ali: “Go and bury him.”

And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions, and grant them peace.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 9/10

Islam QA.com

Attending the funeral of a non-Muslim neighbour

Question:
Attending a non-Muslim neighbor's funeral:
According to one hadith of the Prophet(pbuh)ralated by Tabarani regarding the rights neighbors it says: "The rights of the neighbor is that, when he is sick you visit him; when he dies, you go to his funeral;........"
Since this hadith is talking about neighbors and the neighbor can be a non-muslim, so is it permissible for the Muslim to attend a non-Muslim's funeral? Please shed light on this issue in accordance with the Qur'an and the Hadith.
Also this issue is very important for the new Muslims whose parents have not accepted Islam. Is it permissible to attend a funeral for the non-Muslim parents?
May Allah (swt) bless you. Ameen

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is permissible for a Muslim to attend a kaafir’s funeral if the kaafir is a relative, such as a mother, father, brother or other relative, but it is not permissible to join in the prayers or any other rites of their religion.

Zakariya al-Ansaari (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “He may (i.e., it is allowed for the Muslim and is not makrooh) attend the funeral of a kaafir relative, because of the report narrated by Abu Dawood from ‘Ali who said, ‘When Abu Taalib died, I came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, ‘Your uncle, the misguided old man, has died.’ He said, ‘Go and bury him.’” (Reported by al-Nisaa'i, 190). Al-Adhraa’i said: “It is possible that this includes permission to attend the funeral of a wife or slave…”

As for visiting graves, in al-Majmoo’ it says: “The correct view is that this is permissible, and most scholars said this, because of the hadeeth narrated by Muslim in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘I asked my Lord for permission to ask for forgiveness for my mother, and He did not give me permission; I asked Him for permission to visit her grave, and He gave me permission.’ It was reported that he also said: “Visit the graves, for they remind you of death.” (Asnaa al-Mataalib Sharh Rawd al-Taalib, part 1, Fasl: Mashiy al-Mashee’ li’l-Janaazah).

One of the differences between going to a Muslim’s funeral and going to a kaafir’s funeral is what was mentioned by al-Mirdaawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) in his book al-Insaaf, where he says in a footnote: “ ‘Those who are walking should walk in front of it [the coffin]’ means that this is better, and this is the madhhab, and this is the opinion of most of the scholars [of that madhhab]. The author of al-Ri’aayah said: “He may walk wherever he wishes.” Al-Musannif said in al-Kaafi: “Wherever he walks, it is OK… and his saying, ‘The riders [should travel] behind’ means that this is better. So there is no dispute in this matter. If he is riding, it is makrooh for him to ride in front.” This is what al-Majd said. What was meant by “the riders [should travel] behind” is that this is how it should be done in the case of a Muslim’s funeral, but if it is a kaafir’s funeral, then the rider may go in front, as mentioned previously.” (al-Insaaf, part 2, Kitaab al-Janaa’iz).

This is provided that attending the funeral does not involve doing anything haraam, such as listening to musical instruments and so on; in that case attending the funeral is haraam. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

So, I think it is clear that you can share the sorrow of the dead with the family of dead, but it is not allowed to help bury the nonMuslim when they can do so. And it is not allowed to 'be there' where they are associating someone to the ONE GOD. And associating a partener to One God is a actually association of the 'act of animals' to the God. And Associating an act of animals to The One God, is an abuse. Why whould you stand at a place where they are abusing?

Anyway you can balance your share of sorrow while your stance of not participating within church. Ofcourse you would have to go to church if your close relatives die and you would have to be there, but not in case of general friendship. It is better to find a way to move around when they start their prayer. If they are annoyed that you did not participate the better care about your relation with your creator than caring about the relation with them. After all, they will somehow be annoyed or feel awkward that you converted to Islam.

Bye.

habibafatima

daughter of islam
Hey, I have a question.

Thank you
Emerald

dear sister u make urself so indulged in "DOs and DONTs".Islam is not just practising some rituals.It starts with development of true Faith.u should first be perfactly clear about the way u has choosen.reading Holy Quran with commentary will help u about that.And once True Faith starts to grow in ur heart u can perform all rituals easily and perfectly.Because then God will help u directly.
To study Holy Quran this link will help u.
http://www.tanzeem.us/IONA/Files/AV_Video.htm
here Dr Israr Ahmad delivers lectures on Quran,about its introduction and then all its chapters.these lectures r in English and Arabic languages.doesnt matter if u dont understand Arabic.u can skip that part.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
dear sister u make urself so indulged in "DOs and DONTs".Islam is not just practising some rituals.It starts with development of true Faith.u should first be perfactly clear about the way u has choosen.reading Holy Quran with commentary will help u about that.And once True Faith starts to grow in ur heart u can perform all rituals easily and perfectly.Because then God will help u directly.
To study Holy Quran this link will help u.
http://www.tanzeem.us/IONA/Files/AV_Video.htm
here Dr Israr Ahmad delivers lectures on Quran,about its introduction and then all its chapters.these lectures r in English and Arabic languages.doesnt matter if u dont understand Arabic.u can skip that part.

So my sister puts better here. MashaAllah.

Just wanted to add a word:

In fact, it will be your Faith which will determine how firm you are and which matter you prefer over other. Do you care more about your relationship with Allah? or you give preference to the relationships with people?

Prefering relationship with Allah does not necessarily mean that you always have to sacrifice the relationship with people.

Wassalaam,
VE

masihuddin

As a starter surrender your will to the will of the Creater ( Allah } Whatever happens is in accordamce with His will and there is no one worthy of worship except Him and from Him alone you can seek help You would not have been shocked about the tragic news about your best friemd if you believe that every thing belongs to Allah and to Him we shall all return This belief will be strenghtened when you read the Quran which is the last and final message All prophets brought the same message but the scriptures got distorted and the only Scripture in its original form is the Quran Please do read it along with the life of the last prophet Muhammad {May peace and blessings of Allah be on him}by an objective writer for instance Muhammad from earliest sources by Martin Lings
May Allah guide you to the staight path

ahmadh2o

Welcome to the perfect way of life

Dear friend
thank you for your interest in islam , i pray inshallah that ALLAH will guied us all to the stright path.
i am a born muslim alhamdulillah and want to give you a piece of advice .
start in a good way to approach islam - this wonderfull way of life .. and the best thing is to seek some good knowledge .. basic .. important things first

you can get a good idea of what i am talking about inshallah if you can visite this site

http://www.islamtomorrow.com
they got video - audio - text files ..etc

here you can get a global idea of what islam is and things like
meaning of the word islam
what does it mean to be a muslim
meaning of the word ALLAH
women in islam
many many things

shiekh yusus estes is one of the supervisores .. they can give you a good help if you contacted them

i hope inshallah you will be of those who make islam there way of life

Ahmad

emerald G

the DOs and DONTs

dear sister u make urself so indulged in "DOs and DONTs".Islam is not just practising some rituals.It starts with development of true Faith

You are right I do ask alot abou DOs and DONTs, but I have to say that I find it hard to questions about faith in it's self because it's something so personal and within you. Moreover, I still am not sure at all about my faith.
Maybe one of you could ask me a question about faith just to get me going and thinking.

Thanks

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
Dear sister,

the first, and really most important, question about faith is 'Do you believe that there is no god but Allah, and that Mohammad is His slave and messenger?'

Everything else about our deen flows from that.

emerald G

WOW

Well the question "Do you believe that there is no god but Allah, and that Mohammad is His slave and messenger?" is an obvious one when you are a Muslim but for someone who thinks about Islam and explores this faith it is much harder because if you knew the answer you wouldn't be wondering if you are a Muslim or not.
I think that for someone who thinks about converting (like me) it is the ultimate question but not the first in the process of exploring and understand Islam.
So maybe you could ask me questions that would eventually lead me to the ultimate question.

Thanks
Emerald