A question about Islamic Hell and Heaven?

True_Sultan

A logical believer
I have a question, how many angels gaurd heaven (i know 19 gaurd hellgate)?

But why gaurd it, whats so special in there to be gaurded? If its about people Escaping, why assigns Angel, Allah will be the only one of that time, so Allah surely can gaurd thoughs gates himself if its important ;)

Also when i was reading some stuff about this on the internet there was a verse saying that God asked hell if its satisfyed and it replyed saying is there more...is hell living? (or does it mean hell is infinite)?

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

I don't know, but I don't want to go. I think I will concentrate on Jannah and leave Jahannum alone. Seriously, that is a very interesting questions. If you do any research on it and find the answer let us know.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

I don't know, but I don't want to go. I think I will concentrate on Jannah and leave Jahannum alone. Seriously, that is a very interesting questions. If you do any research on it and find the answer let us know.

You me both, i'd have to fine that again, but maybe someone from TTI can enlighten us :)

I wonder how powerful 1 angel is, because only 19 gaurding it can't be suffice of a defense,, what power have they been gifted by Allah...? :confused:

a_stranger

Angels are craetures Allah sobhanahu wa taala created just as he created us ...They worship Allah sobhanahu wa taala and never diobey Allah ...some of them bring revealation from Allah sobhanahu wa taala to his prohets ...some take the souls of the dead , some guard hell (Allah forbid) ....It is the will of Allah to creat them :

وَرَبُّكَ يَخْلُقُ مَا يَشَاء وَيَخْتَارُ مَا كَانَ لَهُمُ الْخِيَرَةُ سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَتَعَالَى عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ

28:68 Thy Lord does create and choose as He pleases: no choice have they (in the matter): Glory to Allah. and far is He above the partners they ascribe (to Him)!

We should be very careful in discussing such matters ...our knowledge is very limited.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Angels are craetures Allah sobhanahu wa taala created just as he created us ...They worship Allah sobhanahu wa taala and never diobey Allah ...some of them bring revealation from Allah sobhanahu wa taala to his prohets ...some take the souls of the dead , some guard hell (Allah forbid) ....It is the will of Allah to creat them :

وَرَبُّكَ يَخْلُقُ مَا يَشَاء وَيَخْتَارُ مَا كَانَ لَهُمُ الْخِيَرَةُ سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَتَعَالَى عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ

28:68 Thy Lord does create and choose as He pleases: no choice have they (in the matter): Glory to Allah. and far is He above the partners they ascribe (to Him)!

We should be very careful in discussing such matters ...our knowledge is very limited.

Interesting, but why would it be dangerous to discuss, but i wonder why would God need to gaurd hellfire?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
but i wonder why would God need to gaurd hellfire?

because it is God's will. we cannot understand each and every aspect of Unseen.

He dont need angels for revelation, rain, death, blowing trumpet. but still He created them.

He dont need to create angels to keep our records but still HE created.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Akhi. No offence. But may I suggest you go through the vast of information here in TTI as an extra knowledge to your questions. I think there are just about any topics that can be found here. MashaAllah it really is good to ask questions. But sometimes with our (Im reffering to members of the floor) limited knowledge, we may answer it wrongly/not precisely.

Of all the times I went through the old threads (even from the year 2006), MashaAllaah, I found there are such a LOT of good, authentic information. It may even take more than one day to read all the beneficial threads here. The senior members have done such great efforts to ensure the authencity of the information. So I hope you can at least get some ideas and better yet, a firm understanding everytime when a question popped in your mind especially in matters regarding the deen. :wink:

Wassalam.

arzafar

Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Akhi. No offence. But may I suggest you go through the vast of information here in TTI as an extra knowledge to your questions. I think there are just about any topics that can be found here. MashaAllah it really is good to ask questions. But sometimes with our (Im reffering to members of the floor) limited knowledge, we may answer it wrongly/not precisely.

Of all the times I went through the old threads (even from the year 2006), MashaAllaah, I found there are such a LOT of good, authentic information. It may even take more than one day to read all the beneficial threads here. The senior members have done such great efforts to ensure the authencity of the information. So I hope you can at least get some ideas and better yet, a firm understanding everytime when a question popped in your mind especially in matters regarding the deen. :wink:

Wassalam.

i agree with the above

a_stranger

:salam2:
In my humble opinion Islam teaches humans who is their creator(and his noble attributes) and why they were created (to worship Allah) , how to live according to the divine will of their creator.(following the example of the prophet :saw2:...... how to be peacfull and happy , how to do good deeds which make them pure and deserve Janna ....It can purify our souls and correct societies .....this all was taught by our prophet :saw2: .........what we see(now) is only a tiny part of the creation ....it is not possible with our minds or senses to understand everything that is why Allah sobhanhu wa taala sent his prohets and revealation (so that we understand) if we try hard to learn what is out of our abilities then we waste our times which should be used in doing more good( praying , helping others, working, studying, feeding the hungry, taking care of the needy. learning Quran and hadith....teaching Islam.........etc) , if we do the good we can in our life as Islam taught us we will have a higher levels in Janna by the mercy of Allah and feel true peace and happiness . :SMILY259:

True_Sultan

A logical believer
:salam2:
In my humble opinion Islam teaches humans who is their creator(and his noble attributes) and why they were created (to worship Allah) , how to live according to the divine will of their creator.(following the example of the prophet :saw2:...... how to be peacfull and happy , how to do good deeds which make them pure and deserve Janna ....It can purify our souls and correct societies .....this all was taught by our prophet :saw2: .........what we see(now) is only a tiny part of the creation ....it is not possible with our minds or senses to understand everything that is why Allah sobhanhu wa taala sent his prohets and revealation (so that we understand) if we try hard to learn what is out of our abilities then we waste our times which should be used in doing more good( praying , helping others, working, studying, feeding the hungry, taking care of the needy. learning Quran and hadith....teaching Islam.........etc) , if we do the good we can in our life as Islam taught us we will have a higher levels in Janna by the mercy of Allah and feel true peace and happiness . :SMILY259:

Oh yes i guess so :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You have a similar theme in all your posts. I notice you have the words..a logical believer under your avatar.

Am I mistaken but you are trying to deduce a simple answer to all your questions. It seems that you want knowledge. You seem to want answers and you want them right now. You want to hold knowledge in your hands. You want to uncover ever stone on the path.

The beauty of faith is that it does not have limits as does knowledge. Love knows no boundaries. Love is. Love understands the stone is placed there for a reson of obedience. Everything is uncovered. We just have to be patient. There are 70,000 veils to be uncovered.

I appreciate your dedication.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Assalaam walaikum,

You have a similar theme in all your posts. I notice you have the words..a logical believer under your avatar.

Am I mistaken but you are trying to deduce a simple answer to all your questions. It seems that you want knowledge. You seem to want answers and you want them right now. You want to hold knowledge in your hands. You want to uncover ever stone on the path.

The beauty of faith is that it does not have limits as does knowledge. Love knows no boundaries. Love is. Love understands the stone is placed there for a reson of obedience. Everything is uncovered. We just have to be patient. There are 70,000 veils to be uncovered.

I appreciate your dedication.

Thank you :)

but what can I say..the environment and there beliefs and dreams and logic shape a man to what he is (by the guidance of Allah)..so yeah :D

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Islam provides the answers to all our questions. Allah subhana talla has given us tools.

You are serious. Now it is time to discipline your soul. Salat is your first tool. It is in making salat that we start walking on the Path. Therein lies the logic. Sometimes the simplicity of Islam is too much for us.

Keep me informed.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Assalaam walaikum,

Islam provides the answers to all our questions. Allah subhana talla has given us tools.

You are serious. Now it is time to discipline your soul. Salat is your first tool. It is in making salat that we start walking on the Path. Therein lies the logic. Sometimes the simplicity of Islam is too much for us.

Keep me informed.

How shall I keep you informed ?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Now you have made me smile. Son, keep posting. Your discovery will be beneficial to many.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Assalaam walaikum,

Now you have made me smile. Son, keep posting. Your discovery will be beneficial to many.

:lol: um ukthi...you called "son".......Anyway you think my discoveries will be beneficial to many :)

I think i will add you to ukthi :D

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

1) Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) has established a system of Formality with certain rules in relation to Himself, the King, and His lowly creatures. For example, based upon the rules of this system of formality, Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) uses the angel Jabriel (Gabriel) (peace be upon him) to deliver the revelation to the Prophets (peace be upon them). This is mentioned in the following verse, in which the formality between Allah (The Exalted) and His lowly creation is alluded to:

"It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil, or by the sending of a messenger to reveal, with Allah's Permission, what Allah Wills: for He is Most High, Most Wise." [42:51]

This is the reason the angels were created. They fit a purpose within the system that Allah (The Exalted) established. They serve as devotees in worship, guardians over humans, record peoples' deeds, deliver revelation, control the weather and vegetation, and this is the reason they serve as guards over Heaven and Hell.

It is also the case that Allah (The Exalted) has created an Arsh (Throne) and a Kursi (Pedestal or Footstool), although He (The Almighty) is not in need of them. Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) is the King of kings. This means that He has the complete Ownership and absolute Dominion over everything. He is not in need of either a Kursi or an Arsh, He has created them as a Sign. The establishment of the Throne and the Pedestal signifies Allah’s Authority and Rule over His creation. These symbols also display His Power, Might, and Greatness to His creation (especially angels and then man and jinn on the Day of Judgment).

2) Everything that has been created has been given some sense of Whom its Creator is, how to worship Him in a manner befitting their creation, etc. This is the same with the creation of Heaven and Hell. This is the reason one reads in the accounts of even a date palm tree having some sense. This is alluded to in the following hadith:

Narrated Ibn Umar (may Allah be pleased with him):
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) used to deliver his sermons while standing beside a trunk of a date-palm. When he had the pulpit made, he used it instead. The trunk started crying and the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) went to it, rubbing his hand over it (to stop its crying). [Bukhari: Book 4: Volume 56: Hadith 783]

On the Day of Judgment, Hell will be filled with humans and then asked whether it is full or satisfied, Hell will answer, "Are there anymore?." Allah (The Exalted) will then have the borders of Hell retract and no one else will be sent into it. No, Hell is not infinite, it simply means the borders will retract from whatever there initial size was.

3) Some advice. There was a Muslim man that would ask the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) ridiculous questions, and Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) would become so upset that he would attempt to silence that man physically.

Some humans, depending upon the personality type they are born with, possess a great deal of wisdom and insight and a high level of intelligence and knowledge, also being dependent upon having acquired a higher formal education. Most "common people" are ignorant, low-educated, and foolish. This is the reason many of them become misguided, suffer from weak faith, and ask foolish questions. Follow the advice of Allah (The Exalted), obey Him and practice the religion and you will get into Heaven. Refrain from making questions or contemplating over matters that would lead young children astray, that frequent this site, or lead yourself astray.

"Freethinking" is best left to the men that have the intellectual capability, insight and wisdom, as well as the broad education necessary for such an undertaking. "Freethinking" for a teenager (that believes he or she knows everything at their young age, lack of experience in life, or lack of a higher education), as well as for the rest of the "common people" will surely lead them to loss both in this world and the Hereafter.

Most people recognize their own intellectual limitations, each individual must draw a mental barrier within their mind and not dwell beyond this point.

And Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) Knows Best.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

1) Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) has established a system of Formality with certain rules in relation to Himself, the King, and His lowly creatures. For example, based upon the rules of this system of formality, Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) uses the angel Jabriel (Gabriel) (peace be upon him) to deliver the revelation to the Prophets (peace be upon them). This is mentioned in the following verse, in which the formality between Allah (The Exalted) and His lowly creation is alluded to:

"It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil, or by the sending of a messenger to reveal, with Allah's Permission, what Allah Wills: for He is Most High, Most Wise." [42:51]

This is the reason the angels were created. They fit a purpose within the system that Allah (The Exalted) established. They serve as devotees in worship, guardians over humans, record peoples' deeds, deliver revelation, control the weather and vegetation, and this is the reason they serve as guards over Heaven and Hell.

It is also the case that Allah (The Exalted) has created an Arsh (Throne) and a Kursi (Pedestal or Footstool), although He (The Almighty) is not in need of them. Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) is the King of kings. This means that He has the complete Ownership and absolute Dominion over everything. He is not in need of either a Kursi or an Arsh, He has created them as a Sign. The establishment of the Throne and the Pedestal signifies Allah’s Authority and Rule over His creation. These symbols also display His Power, Might, and Greatness to His creation (especially angels and then man and jinn on the Day of Judgment).

2) Everything that has been created has been given some sense of Whom its Creator is, how to worship Him in a manner befitting their creation, etc. This is the same with the creation of Heaven and Hell. This is the reason one reads in the accounts of even a date palm tree having some sense. This is alluded to in the following hadith:

Narrated Ibn Umar (may Allah be pleased with him):
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) used to deliver his sermons while standing beside a trunk of a date-palm. When he had the pulpit made, he used it instead. The trunk started crying and the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) went to it, rubbing his hand over it (to stop its crying). [Bukhari: Book 4: Volume 56: Hadith 783]

On the Day of Judgment, Hell will be filled with humans and then asked whether it is full or satisfied, Hell will answer, "Are there anymore?." Allah (The Exalted) will then have the borders of Hell retract and no one else will be sent into it. No, Hell is not infinite, it simply means the borders will retract from whatever there initial size was.

3) Some advice. There was a Muslim man that would ask the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) ridiculous questions, and Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) would become so upset that he would attempt to silence that man physically.

Some humans, depending upon the personality type they are born with, possess a great deal of wisdom and insight and a high level of intelligence and knowledge, also being dependent upon having acquired a higher formal education. Most "common people" are ignorant, low-educated, and foolish. This is the reason many of them become misguided, suffer from weak faith, and ask foolish questions. Follow the advice of Allah (The Exalted), obey Him and practice the religion and you will get into Heaven. Refrain from making questions or contemplating over matters that would lead young children astray, that frequent this site, or lead yourself astray.

"Freethinking" is best left to the men that have the intellectual capability, insight and wisdom, as well as the broad education necessary for such an undertaking. "Freethinking" for a teenager (that believes he or she knows everything at their young age, lack of experience in life, or lack of a higher education), as well as for the rest of the "common people" will surely lead them to loss both in this world and the Hereafter.

Most people recognize their own intellectual limitations, each individual must draw a mental barrier within their mind and not dwell beyond this point.

And Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) Knows Best.

Wow, i agree now..the only reason he created these things is to line up and/or back-up and implement the laws he has stated :)

I love my friend Allah :D

Also I'm not ignorant..and intellectual limitations? Yes we do right now...but we haven't even reached the threshold yet. Apparently we can temporarily store up to 32 Petabytes of information in your memory (like the RAM of a computer) so what happens if we utilize our full potential? Yes we are finite so we have limits...but we haven't even reached it yet :SMILY259:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Although we may have the capacity to store bits of information i.e computer data..we have to understand what we store. That understanding takes time.
Your seeking is out of innoncence. That is why I think this post is beneficial to many. Brothers and sisters with understanding can help illuminate why and why not.
What I see in your responses is one plus one equals two. Your thinking pattern is linear. That is a good thing. You accomplish. You make and you do. However, Faith is one plus one equals One. Belief is non-linear. In the dark void of nothing..there is He, Who is the Creator and we serve His Purpose and only His Will. He Manifests as He Wills. And we are grateful because He is Our Protector.

I pray this makes some sense to you.

my love,
your aapa

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Assalaam walaikum,

Although we may have the capacity to store bits of information i.e computer data..we have to understand what we store. That understanding takes time.
Your seeking is out of innoncence. That is why I think this post is beneficial to many. Brothers and sisters with understanding can help illuminate why and why not.
What I see in your responses is one plus one equals two. Your thinking pattern is linear. That is a good thing. You accomplish. You make and you do. However, Faith is one plus one equals One. Belief is non-linear. In the dark void of nothing..there is He, Who is the Creator and we serve His Purpose and only His Will. He Manifests as He Wills. And we are grateful because He is Our Protector.

I pray this makes some sense to you.

my love,
your aapa

Yes it does, i know that Islam may not be linear.

Also ukthi, are you a new muslim? if your not, can u please check teh authentication of this PDF...its posted on one of my old threads:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=443311
:SMILY259:

Jakkaz Allah Khair for your help ;)