A question about Islamic Hell and Heaven?

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
salam alaykum

salam alaykum brother True Sultan and other brothers and sisters,
we have talked in the other post about the ghayb and in this post the topic is similar, because it has to do with something we don't know.

Your question is important, and it is very good that we want to know and understand things in Islam.
If we want to understand them in the right way there is an important thing that every Muslim must do, and it is:
Reading a good book of Aqeedah, from a scholar.
Reading a good book of Aqeedah as Aqeedah Wasitiya, or other books that Ibn Taymiyya, shaykh Salih al Fawzan, al Uthaymeen, Bin Baz, and other scholars have written help us to understand this specific topics in the right way. Because we know from the hadith of 'Umar Ibn al Khattab -radiallahu anhu- that Rasool -salallahu alayhi wa sallam- told to angel Jibri -alayhi sallam- that Emaan is:
1. Belief in Allah subhana wa ta'ala
2. Belief in the angels
3. Belief in the books
4. Belief in the prophets
5. Belief in Judgment Day
6. Belief in Qadar

Asking about angels, about Qadar, and this things that are the foundation of the Emaan of the Creed, means that we want to understand properly this basis, but if we want to understand them in the right way, we, inshaAllah, have to read or listen to lessons that talk about Aqeedah. If we want to stay in the right path, this is the first step that we must learn, because Eman increase and decrease due to, the lack in this six basis.
So learning about the Creed/Belief in Allah subhana wa ta'ala means, LEarning Tawheed,
Then learning about the angels, means learning their duties, their nature.

We have to learn this Aqeedah from authorised books, from scholars of Ahlu Sunah (Salaf). So i recomend to each one of us to read at least one book that explains Aqeedah and Tawheed beacuse this is the foundation of Islam.

Salam Alaykum

True_Sultan

A logical believer
salam alaykum brother True Sultan and other brothers and sisters,
we have talked in the other post about the ghayb and in this post the topic is similar, because it has to do with something we don't know.

Your question is important, and it is very good that we want to know and understand things in Islam.
If we want to understand them in the right way there is an important thing that every Muslim must do, and it is:
Reading a good book of Aqeedah, from a scholar.
Reading a good book of Aqeedah as Aqeedah Wasitiya, or other books that Ibn Taymiyya, shaykh Salih al Fawzan, al Uthaymeen, Bin Baz, and other scholars have written help us to understand this specific topics in the right way. Because we know from the hadith of 'Umar Ibn al Khattab -radiallahu anhu- that Rasool -salallahu alayhi wa sallam- told to angel Jibri -alayhi sallam- that Emaan is:
1. Belief in Allah subhana wa ta'ala
2. Belief in the angels
3. Belief in the books
4. Belief in the prophets
5. Belief in Judgment Day
6. Belief in Qadar

Asking about angels, about Qadar, and this things that are the foundation of the Emaan of the Creed, means that we want to understand properly this basis, but if we want to understand them in the right way, we, inshaAllah, have to read or listen to lessons that talk about Aqeedah. If we want to stay in the right path, this is the first step that we must learn, because Eman increase and decrease due to, the lack in this six basis.
So learning about the Creed/Belief in Allah subhana wa ta'ala means, LEarning Tawheed,
Then learning about the angels, means learning their duties, their nature.

We have to learn this Aqeedah from authorised books, from scholars of Ahlu Sunah (Salaf). So i recomend to each one of us to read at least one book that explains Aqeedah and Tawheed beacuse this is the foundation of Islam.

Salam Alaykum

Thanks for your reply brother..um can you please check out the pdf i had uploaded onto one of my threads? The link is:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/sho...d.php?p=443311

Can you tell me if it''s authentic?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I will reread the thread. I am a little tired. It is late here.

No, I am not a new Muslim. I was born into a devout Muslim family. I played in the duyna. One day I woke up and ran to Allah subhana talla. I hold to the Rope of Allah subhana talla. I have studied Islam for twenty some years and will continue until the day I die, Insha'Allah.

I will, Insha'Allah do as you ask. I will not be able to do it tomorrow. I am a woman of my word and I will get back to you.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Assalaam walaikum,

I will reread the thread. I am a little tired. It is late here.

No, I am not a new Muslim. I was born into a devout Muslim family. I played in the duyna. One day I woke up and ran to Allah subhana talla. I hold to the Rope of Allah subhana talla. I have studied Islam for twenty some years and will continue until the day I die, Insha'Allah.

I will, Insha'Allah do as you ask. I will not be able to do it tomorrow. I am a woman of my word and I will get back to you.

Thank You sister, our partnership shall stay..we shall uncover the truth =)

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
salam alaykum

salam alaykum brother

The question of the Holy Prophet (salaam laahu alaihi wasallam) knowing the Unseen has been the topic of great
discussion and controversy among various groups of Muslims. This question cropped up perhaps with the advent of
the Wahabis, who among other things, challenged the attributes of the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam).
The Wahabis campaign of degrading the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) under the pretext of pure Monotheism
surpassed the Arabian Peninsula and spread over the entire South Asia. One Muhammed Ismail Dehlvi who translated
and interpreted the most defamed book, Kitab-ut-Tawhid, authored by Muhammad Ibn-e-Abdul Wahab Najdi
imported it in India. The book with its Indian version entitled Taqwiat-ul-Imaan presented a number of false
ideologies, which were cleverly substantiated by the Quranic verses, and the sayings of the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu
alaihi wasallam). The very objective of these writings was to degrade the status of Allah's exalted creatures.
The history of the Wahabi Movement in Arabia has been a bloody one, as the followers of Muhammed Ibn-e-Abdul
Wahab Najdi treated the Ahle-Sunnat people as Kaafir and legitimised their elimination. The Wahabi Movement was
not that strong in India as the Ulema of Ahle-Sunnat vehemently opposed the Wahabi ideologies and the Sunni
masses also extended their fullest support to their Ulema.

I have read nearly half of the book Kitab-ut-Tawhid of Muhammad Abdul Wahhab, and it is not my saying but today scholars of Islam say that it is one of the best books of tawhid, and the explanation that salih al Fawzan made to it is about 500 pages and it is a base in our religion. Muhammab Abdul Wahhab wrote :
Removal of Doubts - 11 Parts - 88p - (Kashf ush-Shubuhaat)
The Three Fundamental Principles - Abdul Wahab - al-ibannah - 22p
Fundamentals of Islam - Abdul Wahab - 24p
Do Wahhabis Su pport Suicide Bombings? - by Shaykh Muhammad Saleh Al Uthaymeen

He has made a big work for the explanation of true Islam, and he made Jihad too in his life. The people accuse it for a lot of things for having made a sect too, but if you read his letters that he sent to different scholars in different countries, who asked about his dawa, he always was telling that he was just acting upon the Qur'aan, the Sunnah, and the way of the Companions- radiallahu anhum- and other Salafi scholars.

Being sincere with you brother, it is the first time i hear:Tafsir-e-Madarik, Tafseer-e-Khazin, Tafseer-e-Khabir.
I know tafseer Ibn Katheer, tafseer Tabarani, Tafseer
As for the pdf, I didn't read it because it is sufficient for me to read this kind of introduction, and understand that this person who wrote the book is distorting the truth. This is what I think from what I have learned, maybe I am wrong but inshaAllah I am not.

Read this also:
Are the ahaadeeth about matters of the unseen revelation (wahy) from Allaah?
I have a question regarding hadith. I know the Prophet (saaw) never spoke from his own desires about the deen so how did he know information about stuff like the signs of the dat of judgement and so on? Did Allah (swt) tell him all these things?
Please clearify this matter for me. Thank you

Praise be to Allaah.

Everything that the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has told us about the unseen, past, present and future, such as the beginning of creation, the resurrection, Paradise, Hell, the signs of the Hour, the angels and the Prophets, all of that is by revelation (wahy) from Allaah, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Nor does he speak of (his own) desire. It is only a Revelation revealed” (al-Najm 53:3-4)

“This is of the news of the Unseen which We reveal unto you (O Muhammad)” [Hood 11:49]

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘I don’t tell you that with me are the treasures of Allaah, nor (that) I know the Unseen; nor I tell you that I am an angel. I but follow what is revealed to me.’” [al-An’aam 6:50]

Hence it is obligatory to believe everything that Allaah has told the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) concerning the unseen and other matters, for he is the one who tells the truth and is to be believed. Whoever disbelieves him, even if it is with regard to only one report that he knows to be sound (saheeh), becomes an apostate thereby, if he is Muslim.

Al-Nubuwwaat (Prophethood)

Written by Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Barraak
islamqa.com
I said brothe we have to pay attention where we take our religion.
Religion is life and we have to take care of our life.

salam alaykum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother..Islam is the Truth. It is a journey. As one becomes more dependent on Allah subhana talla..the ebb and flow of life makes sense. One of the beauties of life is the Quran. He has given us everything. He tells us everything.

I am very taken by the comment of the brother who writes: " we have to pay attention to where we take our religion. I like the plural pronoun. It is our religion and we have to be responsible in our thoughts, words, and deeds.

Walk slowly, read, discover but take heed. We are a collective faith.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Mashallah

salam alaykum brother

I have read nearly half of the book Kitab-ut-Tawhid of Muhammad Abdul Wahhab, and it is not my saying but today scholars of Islam say that it is one of the best books of tawhid, and the explanation that salih al Fawzan made to it is about 500 pages and it is a base in our religion. Muhammab Abdul Wahhab wrote :
Removal of Doubts - 11 Parts - 88p - (Kashf ush-Shubuhaat)
The Three Fundamental Principles - Abdul Wahab - al-ibannah - 22p
Fundamentals of Islam - Abdul Wahab - 24p
Do Wahhabis Su pport Suicide Bombings? - by Shaykh Muhammad Saleh Al Uthaymeen

He has made a big work for the explanation of true Islam, and he made Jihad too in his life. The people accuse it for a lot of things for having made a sect too, but if you read his letters that he sent to different scholars in different countries, who asked about his dawa, he always was telling that he was just acting upon the Qur'aan, the Sunnah, and the way of the Companions- radiallahu anhum- and other Salafi scholars.

Being sincere with you brother, it is the first time i hear:Tafsir-e-Madarik, Tafseer-e-Khazin, Tafseer-e-Khabir.
I know tafseer Ibn Katheer, tafseer Tabarani, Tafseer
As for the pdf, I didn't read it because it is sufficient for me to read this kind of introduction, and understand that this person who wrote the book is distorting the truth. This is what I think from what I have learned, maybe I am wrong but inshaAllah I am not.

Read this also:
Are the ahaadeeth about matters of the unseen revelation (wahy) from Allaah?
I have a question regarding hadith. I know the Prophet (saaw) never spoke from his own desires about the deen so how did he know information about stuff like the signs of the dat of judgement and so on? Did Allah (swt) tell him all these things?
Please clearify this matter for me. Thank you

Praise be to Allaah.

Everything that the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has told us about the unseen, past, present and future, such as the beginning of creation, the resurrection, Paradise, Hell, the signs of the Hour, the angels and the Prophets, all of that is by revelation (wahy) from Allaah, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Nor does he speak of (his own) desire. It is only a Revelation revealed” (al-Najm 53:3-4)

“This is of the news of the Unseen which We reveal unto you (O Muhammad)” [Hood 11:49]

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘I don’t tell you that with me are the treasures of Allaah, nor (that) I know the Unseen; nor I tell you that I am an angel. I but follow what is revealed to me.’” [al-An’aam 6:50]

Hence it is obligatory to believe everything that Allaah has told the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) concerning the unseen and other matters, for he is the one who tells the truth and is to be believed. Whoever disbelieves him, even if it is with regard to only one report that he knows to be sound (saheeh), becomes an apostate thereby, if he is Muslim.

Al-Nubuwwaat (Prophethood)

Written by Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Barraak
islamqa.com
I said brothe we have to pay attention where we take our religion.
Religion is life and we have to take care of our life.

salam alaykum

Assalaam walaikum,

Brother..Islam is the Truth. It is a journey. As one becomes more dependent on Allah subhana talla..the ebb and flow of life makes sense. One of the beauties of life is the Quran. He has given us everything. He tells us everything.

I am very taken by the comment of the brother who writes: " we have to pay attention to where we take our religion. I like the plural pronoun. It is our religion and we have to be responsible in our thoughts, words, and deeds.

Walk slowly, read, discover but take heed. We are a collective faith.

Mashallah =)

I love your post brother and thanks sisters. So I will be deleting that PDF then as sincerly it looks like its wrong. (Sister Aapa you can still read it). So I read your quote about the book. Outstanding, I agree that we must act upon the Quran and the Sunnah, but isn't the beauty of the truth and the Quran and Sunnah that its logical? That's why I love Islam so much...i try to be a devout Muslim (i'm not even close yet) but I will never leave this religion as its the truth from out Lord, Creator, Friend Allah (God). Also this religion, deen and its akhidah are based all of logic and truth and it gave birth (maybe it did, maybe it didn't) to my hard to explain..mind consuming aspiration. Also I agree with the answer from islamqa. As for the ghayb (what ever it is, be it the unknown/unseen/beyond/knowledge/power/*shudders type of thing) we only know of what has been give to us by Allah through our Prophet P.B.U.H. It was a glad tiding. I agree. Also please read my thread about the tasfirs on the Unknown..please read it and explain to me, as I mean why do people say that the keys to the ghayb or the ghayb itself is only th 5 items in surat luqman..i mean by definition creation might not know..only Allah does...and what the 5 items in surat luqman might be, may only be a really small like infitismally small fragment of the ghayb =)

For more information check this thread:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69042

Also can you give this site a read:

http://www.itsislam.net/articles/infinite_powers.asp

It talks about Allah's infinite power and the veil to the unseen (i.e. Ghayb) being infinite to. SO check it out.

Also you can reply on either thread...this thread is an old one so yeah. If its possible if the admins can combine all my threads concerning the ghayb and my aspiration and science and stuff all together into a super thread...that would be helpful =)

I'm sorry for creating so many threads...Like i said i'm wanting to learn :D :SMILY259::SMILY259:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Slow down son. You are in hyperspace and I am on soild earth, for the moment.
We know junnath is the Truth. We know junnhum is the Truth. We know Allah is Truth. Let us work here for the eternal. Only Allah subhana talla can remove our veils.
Insha'Allah I will read all your posts and respond as I stated by tomorrow.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Assalaam walaikum,

We know junnath is the Truth. We know junnhum is the Truth. We know Allah is Truth. Let us work here for the eternal. Only Allah subhana talla can remove our veils.

:lol:

well thank you sister, i hope u read my previous post =)

i hope I'm doing good...as you said...Im in HYPERSPACE :wavyarms:

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister did u read my post? I just want some feedback =)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sweet brother I have not had a chance, I have had some unexpected bad news. I have transportation issues of utmost urgency. I wish I was in hyperspace at this moment. I am going to make salat and wish for sleep and dreams of being in hyperspace. Insha'Allah after I deal with the insurance companies and ex-husbands I will make time to read and respond in an intelligent manner.
In the meanwhile read ways to curb our desires in a Muslim way.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Assalaam walaikum,

Sweet brother I have not had a chance, I have had some unexpected bad news. I have transportation issues of utmost urgency. I wish I was in hyperspace at this moment. I am going to make salat and wish for sleep and dreams of being in hyperspace. Insha'Allah after I deal with the insurance companies and ex-husbands I will make time to read and respond in an intelligent manner.
In the meanwhile read ways to curb our desires in a Muslim way.

Okay and inshallah your troubles will vasnish..good luck sister :)

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
salam alaykum

Brother True Sultan, I read the article on http://www.itsislam.net/articles/infinite_powers.asp
It is general, it is for making dawa. But there are many other things that we must know.
I suggest to you this website:
http://www.abdurrahman.org/

I want to answer to a lot of questions, but when I don't know the answer I must not say my opinion, because my opinion can be evil/wrong if it goes against the rules of the Sharia.

You can find authors of Ahlu Sunnah wal Jammah here. And it expalins very well, the Aqeedah, Tawheed, Names and Attributes of Allah and other books and articles. Don't hurry in Islam, take Islam with determination, with sincere purpose, for the sake of Allah, search in your city righteous friends, and know that the knowledge of this Religion takes a long time.

Salam alaykum brother.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Brother True Sultan, I read the article on http://www.itsislam.net/articles/infinite_powers.asp
It is general, it is for making dawa. But there are many other things that we must know.

I want to answer to a lot of questions, but when I don't know the answer I must not say my opinion, because my opinion can be evil/wrong if it goes against the rules of the Sharia.

You can find authors of Ahlu Sunnah wal Jammah here. And it expalins very well, the Aqeedah, Tawheed, Names and Attributes of Allah and other books and articles. Don't hurry in Islam, take Islam with determination, with sincere purpose, for the sake of Allah, search in your city righteous friends, and know that the knowledge of this Religion takes a long time.

Salam alaykum brother.

Oh really? I thought that talked about something else..well thanks and keep the help coming brothers and sisters =)

Aisha. joyo

~ALLAH 0 AKBAR~
I have a question, how many angels gaurd heaven (i know 19 gaurd hellgate)?

But why gaurd it, whats so special in there to be gaurded? If its about people Escaping, why assigns Angel, Allah will be the only one of that time, so Allah surely can gaurd thoughs gates himself if its important ;)

Also when i was reading some stuff about this on the internet there was a verse saying that God asked hell if its satisfyed and it replyed saying is there more...is hell living? (or does it mean hell is infinite)?

NIce thread never thought abt that before:shymuslima1:

wasalma alykum

~Aisha~:hearts:

True_Sultan

A logical believer

Salam alaykum brother.

Also brother I read this article:

http://en.islamtoday.net/artshow-266-3150.htm

Its an amazing article. I agree we weren't meant to know all of the unseen, and the unseen is infinite and keys to the unseen belong to Allah and also it belongs to him and Allah is also the greatest unseen with the keys and it belongs to him...so it makes amazing sense. It also never specified that the 5 items in surat luqman are the only things ghayb...I like this article. So is this authentic? Also if Allah is the greatest of the unseen, then wouldn't the keys to the unseen be different from the unseen? because we will meet our lord on the day of the Resurrection, so we will see the greatest of the unseen!!!!!! yet the keys might not be revealed unless God wills, but we won't know as it might be infinite...So couldn't all the keys only be with Allah and it has been with Allah infinitely...even before creation..infinite and beyond like him? Just a thought, but I mean the article also says the unseen was shown to some handful of people including the prophets, so parts of the unseen can be shown. Also what about the ilm-e-kitab? The book of knowledge? Do we have any info on that? Apparently it has the laws of the governing universe..its like the keys to the universe....apparently Asaf used it to bring the throne in a twinkle of an eye to Solomon.

NIce thread never thought abt that before:shymuslima1:

wasalma alykum

~Aisha~:hearts:
Well, its kind of a good idea not to think about it too, because its confusing, but i asked because i wanted to learn =) :SMILY259:

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
salam alaykum

brother this article, inshaAllah is very good http://en.islamtoday.net/artshow-266-3150.htm
I read also in that website the Belief in the Unseen and it is good too.
It is as follows:

Belief in the Unseen is central to the message of the Qur’ân. Allah says:
“This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah; who believe in the Unseen, are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 2-3]

This verse establishes for us that belief in the Unseen is the basis for certainty of faith. Indeed, all six of the articles of faith are founded upon belief in the Unseen.

This is why Allah mentions belief in the Unseen here as the first characteristic of a believer. We are not supposed to limit our belief to those things that we can apprehend with our senses. We are not supposed to allow our observation of the physical world to blind us to our faith in what is beyond it.

Allah gives us the balance that we are supposed to strike when He tells us: “On the Earth are signs for those of assured Faith, as also in your own selves: Will you not then see? And in heaven is your sustenance, as (also) that which you are promised.” [Sûrah Dhâriyât: 20-22]

In these verses Allah mentions matters of the Unseen with matters that are subject to our empirical scrutiny. The world of the Unseen is the domain of faith. The proof for our faith, however, is in the tangible world, the world wherein we carry out our lives.

A Muslim believes in the existence of that which is beyond human perception. A Muslim believes in Allah and His attributes. A Muslim believes in the angels, the scriptures, and the Prophets. A Muslim believes in the Hereafter and what it entails of the Resurrection, Heaven and Hell, the Balance, and the Bridge and other details mentioned in the Qur’ân and the authentic Sunnah.

This also entails belief in the Jinn, for Allah says: “Say (O Muhammad): It is revealed unto me that a company of the Jinn gave ear, and they said: Lo! we have heard a marvellous Qur`ân, which guides unto righteousness, so we believe in it and we ascribe no partner unto our Lord.” [Sûrah al-Jinn: 1-2]

Allah says: “Behold, We turned towards thee a company of Jinn (quietly) listening to the Qur`ân.When they stood in the presence thereof, they said, ‘Listen in silence!’ When the (reading) was finished, they returned to their people, to warn them. They said: O our people! Lo! we have heard a scripture which hath been revealed after Moses, confirming that which was before it, guiding unto the truth and a straight path.” [Sûrah al-Ahqâf 29-30]

Therefore, it is, in a Muslim’s faith, a matter of certainty that the Jinn exist and that they are accountable to their Lord and Creator, that the message of the Prophets is for them as well, and that among them are believers and unbelievers. Our belief in these matters requires no empirical proof.

We must simply concede that our minds and our faculties are limited, and some things in Allah’s creation have not been subjected to our scrutiny.

Consider the human soul. Though it has a vital connection with the human body, its nature is a complete mystery to us.

Allah says: “They ask you about the soul. Say: the soul is from the affair of my Lord, and of knowledge you have been vouchsafed but little.” [Sûrah al-Isrâ: 85]

Belief in the Unseen gives the mind scope that it otherwise would not have. Without belief in the Unseen, life would become depressing and claustrophobic. This is why, regardless of their religious convictions, people show a general tendency to need their Lord and Creator, especially at times of hardship.

Allah describes this tendency in the Qur’ân: “Now, if they embark on a boat, they call on Allah, making their devotion sincerely (and exclusively) to Him; but when He has delivered them safely to (dry) land, behold, they give a share (of their worship to others)!” [Sûrah al-`Ankabût: 65]

Outside of the limited scope that Islam sets for belief in the Unseen within the framework of our acceptance of the scriptures, Islam gives humanity wide berth for the exercise of reason and the pursuit of empirical knowledge. Islam encourages us to stud the world around us and uncover its secrets.

This is why Islam demands that any claim we make about a matter of the Unseen must be strictly supported by scripture. Otherwise, the Unseen should not be invoked.

Allah instructs us in the Qur’ân, regarding a claim that people made about the Hereafter: “Say: Bring your proof (of what you state) if you are truthful.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 111]

This gives us the criterion between belief in the Unseen and belief in superstition. The Unseen refers to matters of faith that are beyond our rational powers to apprehend. Superstitions, by contrast, are the consequences of our failure to exercise our rational faculties where they should be applied.

The matters of the Unseen that Islam calls upon people of faith to believe – they are all matters which reason cannot ascertain. At the same time, they are not matters that run contrary to the dictates of reason.

Ibn Taymiyah explains this as follows:
Islam asserts matters that transcend the limits of human reason – matters that the human mind is incapable of resolving on its own. Islam does not assert matters that run contrary to the dictates of reason, things that our rational faculties clearly show us to be impossible or wrong.

Reason does not deny the existence of the Unseen. To the contrary, reason acknowledges that necessity of the Unseen for human life in this world and for the concerns of the Hereafter.

It is true that there are not only that 5 things pointed on sutat Lluqman:
Verily, Allah! With Him (Alone) is the knowledge of the Hour, He sends down the rain, and knows that which is in the wombs. No person knows what he will earn tomorrow, and no person knows in what land he will die. Verily, Allah is All-Knower, All-Aware (of things). (Luqman 31: 34)

But Allah does not state here that there are ONLY THIS. I see this aya as a description of our life... We don't know the Day of Judgment, we don't know whether there is a male or female in the womb of a woman, the rain give life to the earth and the plants grow up, no one know where he will die and when he will die so there is a conception about this:
Life as you would die after a second and also as you would have a long life.
So that means that we must be prepared in every istant of our life about death, because in the state we die, we will be resurrected in the Day of Judgment. And we have also to work for our wordly life but never put it before the 'Akhira (the other world) that last forever.

Also if Allah is the greatest of the unseen, then wouldn't the keys to the unseen be different from the unseen?
Brother don't enter too much in this point. As I said you before we can not think with our limited mind about this topic. After reading the article that I put above you will realise it.
because we will meet our lord on the day of the Resurrection, so we will see the greatest of the unseen!!!!!!
Only the believeres will see Allah in the Day of Judgment, the Kafirs (the one who does not believe) will not see Allah.

So couldn't all the keys only be with Allah and it has been with Allah infinitely...even before creation..infinite and beyond like him? Just a thought, but I mean the article also says the unseen was shown to some handful of people including the prophets, so parts of the unseen can be shown.

i don't understand exactly what do you mean here but I can say to you that:
The article says clearly that Allah gives us the knowledge that He wants to give. He the Majestic, shows to prophets or other believer that things that He wills. So we can not know anything beyond that which Allah want us to know. The article says clearly that Allah has told some things about the unseen to this pious believer. As the story in surat Kahf, where Musa (alayhi sallam) meets with Khidr.

So brother we have to stay into the boundaries of the Qur'an and the Sunnah, without asking too much things in this delicate matters, because I am a simple believer too and I don't know very much about this. We have to learn from students of knowledge or scholars, because they know better than us, and can provide, inshaAllah, exact answers.

As for 'Ilm al Kitab, I don't know brother. We have to read about it.

Read this article if you have time http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/10690/book%20of%20knowledge

Salam alaykum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I wrote a beautiful response. It got lost in cyberspace.

Short respone: ( to the point).

Responsibility. We can not devle into that which Allah subhana talla has told us not to know. It is quite simple. I read the posts and responses. Everyone said the same thing to you. Son, if we are to be aware of something the flip side of the coin is you must be responsible for the entirety of the event. You can not want to know the unknown without being responsible for the known.
That is too much for humans. Our thersholds would crumble under the pressure. The noble prophets prayed to Allah subhana talla that the average person be spared of such tremendous responsibility. In His Mercy, Our Gracious Allah has spared us the horror of the responsibility. Do we not pray everynight and ask His Favor of not testing us too much. Iblis wanted that which was not his. Allah Knows.

I pray you are not upset with me. Think of this: I have just baked the most delicious cookies. I have them on the baking rack to cool. I have warned you not to touch them. You touch them and you get burned.

Go take your energy and do good deeds. I hope this made sense.

my love,
your aapa

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Akhi, why dont you focus your energy, thoughts and understanding in this forum:

Islamic Articles And Important Information

especially on these topics which you might want to put extra, extra focus+understanding+reflect+ponder:

Fundamental Beliefs in Islam Tawheed and Aqeedah
Articles About The Quran
Articles About Hadith

and a few other topics. But that should be enough for the time being. The above are the important knowledge that should be seek first and foremost as a Muslim, akhi, rather than trying to seek that which isnt of MUCH importance.

Akhi, the message everyone is trying to tell you is crystal clear and the same.

Dont waste that of what Allaah has gifted to everyone their own speciality and uniquness, akhi. Do not waste it to something not worth it.

Before I go on writing redundant words, sit back and try to reflect and ponder what everyone has said in ALL of your threads.

Take this as an advice from a Muslim to another Muslim.

Only to Allaah I shall seek forgiveness and blessings.

Wassalam.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
ummm ?

brother this article, inshaAllah is very good http://en.islamtoday.net/artshow-266-3150.htm
I read also in that website the Belief in the Unseen and it is good too.
It is as follows:

Belief in the Unseen is central to the message of the Qur’ân. Allah says:
“This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah; who believe in the Unseen, are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 2-3]

This verse establishes for us that belief in the Unseen is the basis for certainty of faith. Indeed, all six of the articles of faith are founded upon belief in the Unseen.

This is why Allah mentions belief in the Unseen here as the first characteristic of a believer. We are not supposed to limit our belief to those things that we can apprehend with our senses. We are not supposed to allow our observation of the physical world to blind us to our faith in what is beyond it.

Allah gives us the balance that we are supposed to strike when He tells us: “On the Earth are signs for those of assured Faith, as also in your own selves: Will you not then see? And in heaven is your sustenance, as (also) that which you are promised.” [Sûrah Dhâriyât: 20-22]

In these verses Allah mentions matters of the Unseen with matters that are subject to our empirical scrutiny. The world of the Unseen is the domain of faith. The proof for our faith, however, is in the tangible world, the world wherein we carry out our lives.

A Muslim believes in the existence of that which is beyond human perception. A Muslim believes in Allah and His attributes. A Muslim believes in the angels, the scriptures, and the Prophets. A Muslim believes in the Hereafter and what it entails of the Resurrection, Heaven and Hell, the Balance, and the Bridge and other details mentioned in the Qur’ân and the authentic Sunnah.

This also entails belief in the Jinn, for Allah says: “Say (O Muhammad): It is revealed unto me that a company of the Jinn gave ear, and they said: Lo! we have heard a marvellous Qur`ân, which guides unto righteousness, so we believe in it and we ascribe no partner unto our Lord.” [Sûrah al-Jinn: 1-2]

Allah says: “Behold, We turned towards thee a company of Jinn (quietly) listening to the Qur`ân.When they stood in the presence thereof, they said, ‘Listen in silence!’ When the (reading) was finished, they returned to their people, to warn them. They said: O our people! Lo! we have heard a scripture which hath been revealed after Moses, confirming that which was before it, guiding unto the truth and a straight path.” [Sûrah al-Ahqâf 29-30]

Therefore, it is, in a Muslim’s faith, a matter of certainty that the Jinn exist and that they are accountable to their Lord and Creator, that the message of the Prophets is for them as well, and that among them are believers and unbelievers. Our belief in these matters requires no empirical proof.

We must simply concede that our minds and our faculties are limited, and some things in Allah’s creation have not been subjected to our scrutiny.

Consider the human soul. Though it has a vital connection with the human body, its nature is a complete mystery to us.

Allah says: “They ask you about the soul. Say: the soul is from the affair of my Lord, and of knowledge you have been vouchsafed but little.” [Sûrah al-Isrâ: 85]

Belief in the Unseen gives the mind scope that it otherwise would not have. Without belief in the Unseen, life would become depressing and claustrophobic. This is why, regardless of their religious convictions, people show a general tendency to need their Lord and Creator, especially at times of hardship.

Allah describes this tendency in the Qur’ân: “Now, if they embark on a boat, they call on Allah, making their devotion sincerely (and exclusively) to Him; but when He has delivered them safely to (dry) land, behold, they give a share (of their worship to others)!” [Sûrah al-`Ankabût: 65]

Outside of the limited scope that Islam sets for belief in the Unseen within the framework of our acceptance of the scriptures, Islam gives humanity wide berth for the exercise of reason and the pursuit of empirical knowledge. Islam encourages us to stud the world around us and uncover its secrets.

This is why Islam demands that any claim we make about a matter of the Unseen must be strictly supported by scripture. Otherwise, the Unseen should not be invoked.

Allah instructs us in the Qur’ân, regarding a claim that people made about the Hereafter: “Say: Bring your proof (of what you state) if you are truthful.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 111]

This gives us the criterion between belief in the Unseen and belief in superstition. The Unseen refers to matters of faith that are beyond our rational powers to apprehend. Superstitions, by contrast, are the consequences of our failure to exercise our rational faculties where they should be applied.

The matters of the Unseen that Islam calls upon people of faith to believe – they are all matters which reason cannot ascertain. At the same time, they are not matters that run contrary to the dictates of reason.

Ibn Taymiyah explains this as follows:
Islam asserts matters that transcend the limits of human reason – matters that the human mind is incapable of resolving on its own. Islam does not assert matters that run contrary to the dictates of reason, things that our rational faculties clearly show us to be impossible or wrong.

Reason does not deny the existence of the Unseen. To the contrary, reason acknowledges that necessity of the Unseen for human life in this world and for the concerns of the Hereafter.

It is true that there are not only that 5 things pointed on sutat Lluqman:
Verily, Allah! With Him (Alone) is the knowledge of the Hour, He sends down the rain, and knows that which is in the wombs. No person knows what he will earn tomorrow, and no person knows in what land he will die. Verily, Allah is All-Knower, All-Aware (of things). (Luqman 31: 34)

But Allah does not state here that there are ONLY THIS. I see this aya as a description of our life... We don't know the Day of Judgment, we don't know whether there is a male or female in the womb of a woman, the rain give life to the earth and the plants grow up, no one know where he will die and when he will die so there is a conception about this:
Life as you would die after a second and also as you would have a long life.
So that means that we must be prepared in every istant of our life about death, because in the state we die, we will be resurrected in the Day of Judgment. And we have also to work for our wordly life but never put it before the 'Akhira (the other world) that last forever.

Brother don't enter too much in this point. As I said you before we can not think with our limited mind about this topic. After reading the article that I put above you will realise it.

Only the believeres will see Allah in the Day of Judgment, the Kafirs (the one who does not believe) will not see Allah.

i don't understand exactly what do you mean here but I can say to you that:
The article says clearly that Allah gives us the knowledge that He wants to give. He the Majestic, shows to prophets or other believer that things that He wills. So we can not know anything beyond that which Allah want us to know. The article says clearly that Allah has told some things about the unseen to this pious believer. As the story in surat Kahf, where Musa (alayhi sallam) meets with Khidr.

So brother we have to stay into the boundaries of the Qur'an and the Sunnah, without asking too much things in this delicate matters, because I am a simple believer too and I don't know very much about this. We have to learn from students of knowledge or scholars, because they know better than us, and can provide, inshaAllah, exact answers.

As for 'Ilm al Kitab, I don't know brother. We have to read about it.

Read this article if you have time http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/10690/book%20of%20knowledge

Salam alaykum

Assalaam walaikum,

I wrote a beautiful response. It got lost in cyberspace.

Short respone: ( to the point).

Responsibility. We can not devle into that which Allah subhana talla has told us not to know. It is quite simple. I read the posts and responses. Everyone said the same thing to you. Son, if we are to be aware of something the flip side of the coin is you must be responsible for the entirety of the event. You can not want to know the unknown without being responsible for the known.
That is too much for humans. Our thersholds would crumble under the pressure. The noble prophets prayed to Allah subhana talla that the average person be spared of such tremendous responsibility. In His Mercy, Our Gracious Allah has spared us the horror of the responsibility. Do we not pray everynight and ask His Favor of not testing us too much. Iblis wanted that which was not his. Allah Knows.

I pray you are not upset with me. Think of this: I have just baked the most delicious cookies. I have them on the baking rack to cool. I have warned you not to touch them. You touch them and you get burned.

Go take your energy and do good deeds. I hope this made sense.

my love,
your aapa

Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Akhi, why dont you focus your energy, thoughts and understanding in this forum:

Islamic Articles And Important Information

especially on these topics which you might want to put extra, extra focus+understanding+reflect+ponder:

Fundamental Beliefs in Islam Tawheed and Aqeedah
Articles About The Quran
Articles About Hadith

and a few other topics. But that should be enough for the time being. The above are the important knowledge that should be seek first and foremost as a Muslim, akhi, rather than trying to seek that which isnt of MUCH importance.

Akhi, the message everyone is trying to tell you is crystal clear and the same.

Dont waste that of what Allaah has gifted to everyone their own speciality and uniquness, akhi. Do not waste it to something not worth it.

Before I go on writing redundant words, sit back and try to reflect and ponder what everyone has said in ALL of your threads.

Take this as an advice from a Muslim to another Muslim.

Only to Allaah I shall seek forgiveness and blessings.

Wassalam.

I understand what is being said and I thought about it to. Maybe it was meant to be hidden as this thing/power/knowledge could be dangerous to mankind. Also what did you mean Aapa by this:

Iblis wanted that which was not his.

And to brother besmiralalbani what I meant by this line:

So couldn't all the keys only be with Allah and it has been with Allah infinitely...even before creation..infinite and beyond like him? Just a thought, but I mean the article also says the unseen was shown to some handful of people including the prophets, so parts of the unseen can be shown.

Is that if Allah is greatest of the Unseen then the keys are the same. As the keys are only belonging to Allah. I also wanted to say that if the keys to the ghayb are Allah's unseen treasure and only belong to him, couldn't they be beyond the realm of creation? Like couldn't they be infinite?

That's what I wanted to say.

Jakkaz Allah Khair for your answers..please keep the post coming :)