A SPeech on Niqab Ban (HELP)

aisha16

Saalam, :D

I'm taking a Speech class this semester and am planning to do my Persuasive Speech on the niqab ban in France. I'm supposed to convince my audience about something I believe-some policy, law, etc. (can be pro, or anti) In this case anti-niqab ban. I'm kind of stumped on my outline. What are powerful points I should bring up against the ban. All I have is a violation of: freedom of religion, freedom of dress, and freedom of personal choice. I'm trying to break out of the whole freedom aspect but can't think of a single thing else. I've been looking through some articles here on TTI about Niqab ban but I'm not finding what I'm looking for. What powerful points can I use to captivate my audience and help support me against this stupid ban. Please help me find some good points. Especially sisters who wear niqab. Thank you in advance. :D

Ma Saalam :D

Shak78

You can point out how small the niqab wearing segment is and how it isn't a threat to France or how many of the Niqab wearing Sisters are born and raised French not immigrants.

helpinghumanity

Saalam, :D

I'm taking a Speech class this semester and am planning to do my Persuasive Speech on the niqab ban in France. I'm supposed to convince my audience about something I believe-some policy, law, etc. (can be pro, or anti) In this case anti-niqab ban. I'm kind of stumped on my outline. What are powerful points I should bring up against the ban. All I have is a violation of: freedom of religion, freedom of dress, and freedom of personal choice. I'm trying to break out of the whole freedom aspect but can't think of a single thing else. I've been looking through some articles here on TTI about Niqab ban but I'm not finding what I'm looking for. What powerful points can I use to captivate my audience and help support me against this stupid ban. Please help me find some good points. Especially sisters who wear niqab. Thank you in advance. :D

Ma Saalam :D

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah,

You can get very solid points from these videos,

[yt]3TQL8Tvj3tA[/yt]

Debate - Burqa Ban (Part 1/4)

[yt]gysNFmebHlw&feature[/yt]

Debate - Burqa Ban (Part 2/4)

[yt]sTVjZEfr_LU&feature[/yt]

Debate - Burqa Ban (Part 3/4)

[YT]tyM2wNb5sw0&feature[/YT]

Debate - Burqa Ban (Part 4/4)

[YT]US1wjoKc3b4&feature[/YT]

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamua llaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

Mashallah dear sister for choosing this theme for your project in your school,and may Allah accept your honest niiyaah and help you with giving dawah about Islaam.

I have also made once in my school speach about our Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayha wa saalam because I wished that every persone does not metter is he Muslim or non Muslim realise who was our Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayha wa saalam and which message he brought to all mankind, which is message of Islaam. SubhanAllah.

I do not wear niqaab ( at least I do not wear yet, because I do not know how Allah is going to guide me in future Inshallah :hijabi:) but I do wear Hijaab Alhamdulillah and I love niqab and support my sisters who wear it for the sake of Allah. :SMILY252::SMILY252:

Although I do not wear niqaab, I will share with you my feelings for my hijaab and talk in general for feelings of covered Muslim woman with hijaab or niqaab.

Bismillah Al rahmaan Al raheem

In The name of Allah The Most Mercyfull, The Most Compassionate

Every Islamic rulling and every rulling of Allah subhan wa teala to us Muslims should be perceived completaly so that we can understand deeply and with meaning why Allah subhan wa teala is ordering something and the sense, benefit and beauty behind that order. And this is aslo with the meaning and understanding why Muslim woman must cover themselfe with hijaab or niqaab,and why it is obligated in our Deen ( religion).

Unfotunatly many non Muslims may misunderstood covering of Muslim woman, because of the wrong intepretation of some non Muslims who think that Muslim woman is closed in her home, opressed and that usually her father, or husband are ordering to her to cover herselfe with Hijaab or Niqaab,and that these are not her feeling, and hers own wishes to follow how is ordered by Allah subhan wa teala for His sake.

But those answers must be looked and found in Quraan and Sunnah, why Muslim woman must cover themselves and why covering is ordered for them,and which benefit Muslim woman is gaining with covering. Muslim woman, her beauty and her role in society like a mother, wife, daughter, sister and after Muslim woman is consider as something between the most valued things which exist,and by that Muslim woman is consider as diamond which need to be protected and honoured.

Between other reason why it is ordered for Muslim woman to cover herselfe is to keep her honour , her modesty, but aslo the modesty of other members of one society, does not metter are they Muslims or non Muslims. If we take a look in today society, we will see its distruction which is coused the most by immorality, where man and woman dress immodestly and these kind of dressing are leading toward other disaeses like looking in other man or woman, after toward zina ( fornification or adultery), homosexuality and on the end toward many diseases between them AIDS which is the most worst and mortal . On that way covering of Muslim woman, whatever if she covers with Hijaab( covering of whole body and hair) or if she covers completaly her body and face which is called Niqaab in Islaam, is the best protection for one society and protection for dignity of one woman, where she is not presented only like a body and is not presented for all lustful eyes of man to look at her and see her only as body. That is why Muslim woman is protected with covering, her beauty,her honiour, modesty, her integrity and herselfe as Insaan and as human being. If Muslim woman is forbidden to cover her face which is out of her belifs and which is ordered in her religion, than it would mean that she is opressed as woman and human beeing because her face is her own property and she has right to decide by herselfe to who she is going to show her face according to her feelings and her freedom of opinion and according to teaching of her religion.

And I think dear sister that it should be good that you ask personal experiance of sisters who wear niqaab and present thier feelings in your speach and I hope Inshallah my feelings will be usefull for you on any way for Allah sake. That Allah Almighty increase us in our knowledge and accept all our deeds that we do for Him.Ameen summa ameen

:wasalam:

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
sister,here are a few words,written from myself,may they be a source of inspiration for your speech,may Allah help you

"we're in th 20th century,on 2011 many walls have been broken,the freedom of each people has become the key for a prosperous future.In the past women couldn't express their opinion,they had no right.In the past the only way to obtain something were the battles.So,violence belonged to the past.time by time women obteined a major cosideration,and HOW?challenging the public opinion starting to uncover their body.they lost little by little their pudicity and dignity,they started to uncover their heads(many women used to cover the hair even if they weren't muslims),but they needed their "freedom" and didn't content,so they started uncovering the legs and to use vulgar terms...How can the "loss of values"of a woman be called freedom?the women of nowdays are used like middles of pleasure and objects over which make business.How can we compare the freedom of a woman who wants to uncover herself,to the one who wants to be covered?There is no equality neither justice,if the so called "justice" doesn't apply the equal rights to people!why if a woman walks is mini-skirt,nobody sees the evil,while when a woman in Niqab walks on the road,she's looked as something bad?The society changed its habitudes,it has become the refuge of corruption,of those who make use of drugs,of those who waste their time from a night club to another one.If a girl dresses short and tight clothes,she is well looked and she "strangerly" has more chances in the world of job and television,instead,if a woman walks wearing black long full covering clothes,she must pass trhough the commissary of police...
What do you want from us?leave us living in peace.we believe in Allah and we follow His way.You don't believe to Allah or you believe that He wants you to dress in such a unpudic way?Well,do what you want and leave us in peace.our Niqab is our identity,and nobody can keep it away.
You claim to be perfect,but when you start to get older,you see the time has passed over your skin and you don't accept this,well,you fill your body with "tons"of sylicone until you become as like as "barbies".You want to ban Niqab,but firstly start looking into yourselves,how you are nervous,proud and anxious.you live your life with the only intent to ban our identity.But you won't overcome,because Allah is our protector,you may put us into the jail,you may torture us,but we'll never put off our niqab,otherwise we'll never look at you as strangers or criminals,because Islam is the religion of Peace and peace is the word of all those ones who follow Allah's way.
The terrorism doesn't enter in this matter,because if somebody wants to kill another one he does it also wearing casual clothes(in Marrakech 16 people died in a terroristic attac and those who entered the local,wore casual clothes but had a bomb with them).so don't find excuses to ban the niqab.your worst fear is to see Islam growing up faster than you image,so you want to "cut"it off banning what it's exencial for the muslim women.we won't make you overcome to us,we'll not uncover ouselves for your personal satisfaction.you may burn our niqab,and we'll cover our faces again,we will make you tire until you'll leave us in peace.nobody must touch our niqab,we believe to human's freedom and we feel free in this wayfor the sake of Allah."

P.S.the word "freedom"has been intended like freedom to express somebody's way to do what he retains most right.indeed if a niqabed woman gives the chance to the "justice" to ban what it's part of her belief,well maybe one day we'll be obliged to put our hijab off too.:astag:

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam 'Aleikum,

The videos are funny! I never knew Australians were that hilarious!

May Allaah [swt] aid you ukhti for your project.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah. May Allaah increase you in beneficial knowledge...

There was a nice video message Shaykh Haytham gave the sisters in our university few months ago and he mentioned some very nice points.

[yt]_SHREBLNFDc[/yt]

aisha16

Assalamu Allaykum,

Thank you all for your help! :D I finished my outline and powerpoint complete with pictures of actual niqabis. Have to do my presentation on TuesdaY! Please make duaa for me! :D