A stupid question

slaves of ALLAH

Asalamualikum warahmatullah barakatu, I would like to wish everyone happy Eid Mubarak.it has been a long time since i visited this site.I have a question a stupid question .My question is This wholeseller selling halal meat but at same time they selling pork too,can i still buy the halal meat with them?If they cut the halal meat using the same knife to cut pork is this ok?I hope by asking this question i have not offended anyone.

JenGiove

Not such a stupid question...I can't speak with anything CLOSE to knowing but I would say that if you doubt that the meat is Halal, then avoid the wholeseller. Its not worth the risk.

I would say no, it isn't ok. I'm also not a muslim so wait for others.

weakslave

If you can verify that the meat is from halal sources and that there is no cross contamination through using knives or other tools then it is not any different to buying halal meat from another source.

But if you cannot verify this, then it is best to avoid it as one can never be too careful these days...

The_truth

Asalamualikum warahmatullah barakatu, I would like to wish everyone happy Eid Mubarak.it has been a long time since i visited this site.I have a question a stupid question .My question is This wholeseller selling halal meat but at same time they selling pork too,can i still buy the halal meat with them?If they cut the halal meat using the same knife to cut pork is this ok?I hope by asking this question i have not offended anyone.

Asalaamu Alaikum. If the wholesaler is a non believer then he will not care to know about the source of the meat. Many animals nowadays are slaughtered using mechanical stunning which can kill the animal; before slaughter and this makes the meat from the animal haraam.

The word ‘Halal’ has become the most abused word equally misused by Muslims and non Muslims. It is displayed anywhere and everywhere without any kind of regulation and corroboration and the consumers are led to believe that it is genuinely Halal. According to a research, statistics show that over 90% of Halal labelled meat and poultry in the UK is in actual fact, doubtful. Indeed the word ‘Halal’ displayed at the outlets or on consumables is not sufficient anymore.

Therefore you should buy your meat from a reputable Muslim butcher who sources meat that is not stunned prior to slaughter. You should certainly avoid buying meat from a wholesaler who also sells pork as they cannot be trusted at all.

Nowadays what you see is not what you get so unfortunatley the time has come where we really have to research where our meat is coming from and whether it is stunned or non stunned. We should be very careful what we consume and we should always take extra care to ensure that what we are eating and filling our bellies with is properly halal.

If you want to know more about mechanical stunning then visit the following website: http://www.halalmc.net/resources/issue_stunning.html

And Allah knows best in all matters

The_truth

Asalaamu Alaikum. This is very relevant to your question:

Question

What are some general principles related to Halal meat? Can we trust others' word on whether the meat is Halal?

Answer

1.In general, the jurists (fuqaha) mention that one can trust another’s word (Muslim or non-Muslim) that the meat has been properly Islamically slaughtered [Fatawa Hindiyya, Radd al-Muhtar].

2.However, when there is reason to be cautious, it is recommended to take the means to make sure that it is in fact Halal.

3.When there is ‘reasonable’ fear that this particular meat is possibly Haram--or when it is generally the case that meat labelled ‘Halal’ is dubious--then it would be one’s duty to make sure.

(End of Fatwa)

Keeping the above in mind, Muslims living in this country need to ponder as to which situation relates to them. The first and second situations are both out of the question, and the reason is obvious. The third situation also does not relate to us, since there is not only ‘reasonable’ fear that the meat labelled as Halal is possibly Haram. Rather, based on the research and investigation of many individuals and organisations, the current situation is even worse – that is there is ‘extreme’ fear that a particular meat labelled as Halal may be Haram.

Therefore, one must not take another’s word at face value; rather it will be one’s duty to ensure that the meat is Halal, whether individually or through an organisation that one trusts and who would give this assurance.

And Allah knows best

Sheikh Mufti Muhammad Ibn Adam Al-Kawthari

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah
Salaams Brother...

If he cut with the same knife both meat then u cannot accept it. u have to avoid the whole seller....

Wassalaam

arzafar

also a more orthodox condition is that the one slaughtering the animal must be a Muslim (right creed + prays 5 times a day)

slaves of ALLAH

Thanks for the reply

Asalamualaikum to all, i am hapy becasue my thread has been answered , which means that if the butcher is using the same knife to cut both meat than it is best to leave it. would that be correct?