A Tribute to Mothers

tulipflower777

:salam2:

A Tribute to Mothers -

(Those Childhood Days)

When you came into the world, she held you in her arms. You thanked her by wailing like a banshee.

When you were 1 year old, she fed you and bathed you. You thanked her by crying all night long.

When you were 2 years old, she taught you to walk. You thanked her by running away when she called.

When you were 3 years old, she made all your meals with love. You thanked her by tossing your plate on the floor.

When you were 4 years old, she gave you some crayons You thanked her by coloring the dining room table.

When you were 5 years old, she dressed you for the holidays. You thanked her by plopping into the nearest pile of mud

When you were 6 years old, she walked you to school. You thanked her by screaming, "I'M NOT GOING!"

When you were 7 years old, she bought you a baseball. You thanked her by throwing it through the next-door-neighbor's window.

When you were 8 years old, she handed you an ice cream. You thanked her by dripping it all over your lap.

When you were 9 years old, she paid for piano lessons. You thanked her by never even bothering to practice.

When you were 10 years old, she drove you all day, from soccer to gymnastics to one birthday party after another. You thanked her by jumping out of the car and never looking back.

When you were 11 years old, she took you and your friends to the movies. You thanked her by asking to sit in a different row.

When you were 12 years old, she warned you not to watch certain TV shows. You thanked her by waiting until she left the house.

Those Teenage Years

When you were 13, she suggested a haircut that was becoming. You thanked her by telling her she had no taste.

When you were 14, she paid for a month away at summer camp. You thanked her by forgetting to write a single letter.

When you were 15, she came home from work, looking for a hug. You thanked her by having your bedroom door locked.

When you were 16, she taught you how to drive her car. You thanked her by taking it every chance you could.

When you were 17, she was expecting an important call. You thanked her by being on the phone all night.

When you were 18, she cried at your high school graduation. You thanked her by staying out partying until dawn.

Growing Old and Gray

When you were 19, she paid for your college tuition, drove you to campus, carried your bags. You thanked her by saying good-bye outside the dorm so you wouldn't be embarrassed in front of your friends.

When you were 20, she asked whether you were seeing anyone. You thanked her by saying, "It's none of your business."

When you were 21, she suggested certain careers for your future. You thanked her by saying, "I don't want to be like you."

When you were 22, she hugged you at your college graduation. You thanked her by asking whether she could pay for a trip to Europe.

When you were 23, she gave you furniture for your first apartment. You thanked her by telling your friends it was ugly.

When you were 24, she met your fiance and asked about your plans for the future. You thanked her by glaring and growling, "Muuhh-ther, please!"

When you were 25, she helped to pay for your wedding, and she cried and told you how deeply she loved you. You thanked her by moving halfway across the country.

When you were 30, she called with some advice on the baby. You thanked her by telling her, "Things are different now."

When you were 40, she called to remind you of a relative's birthday. You thanked her by saying you were "really busy right now."

When you were 50, she fell ill and needed you to take care of her. You thanked her by reading about the burden parents become to their children.

And then, one day, she quietly died. And everything you never did came crashing down like thunder.

:wasalam:

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
thats an awful story...............I understand it...it makes you wonder is this how I treat my parents...

halah

:salam2:

You really brought tears to my eyes even though I wasn't such undutiful one, but I still feel of my shortcoming towards her.:(

Istella

(Those Childhood Days)

When you came into the world, she held you in her arms. You thanked her by wailing like a banshee.

I think I did that cause I wasn't able to talk yet to actually thank her.

When you were 1 year old, she fed you and bathed you. You thanked her by crying all night long.

Must be cause I was still hungry. *smile*

When you were 2 years old, she taught you to walk. You thanked her by running away when she called.

When my parents called me, I usually went straight to them! I asked my father to read this and he said I was never the one to run away FROM them. Not even my brothers!

When you were 3 years old, she made all your meals with love. You thanked her by tossing your plate on the floor.

My parents brought me up well enough for me to know it isn't right to toss plates on the floor. I know how much my late mother loved her plates!!

When you were 4 years old, she gave you some crayons You thanked her by coloring the dining room table.

I had colouring books so I showed my creativity on them. Although I believe I did a Picasso piece on the wall once..... *ah those were the days...*

When you were 5 years old, she dressed you for the holidays. You thanked her by plopping into the nearest pile of mud

Oh no way!! My parents did not allow me to walk out by myself when I am nicely dressed!!

When you were 6 years old, she walked you to school. You thanked her by screaming, "I'M NOT GOING!"

My mother didn't walk me to school. My eldest brother did and although I remember vaguely crying, I didn't scream "I'M NOT GOING!!!!" cause I was excited about making new friends!

When you were 7 years old, she bought you a baseball. You thanked her by throwing it through the next-door-neighbor's window.

Hehe... she didn't get me a baseball. She was worried enough back then that I wasn't too much of a girly girl - always wanting to play with my brothers instead of the dolls!

When you were 8 years old, she handed you an ice cream. You thanked her by dripping it all over your lap.

Hmmm... I think I might have been guilty of that!

When you were 9 years old, she paid for piano lessons. You thanked her by never even bothering to practice.

No piano lessons for me! I took up drums and ballet. Went for every single class!

When you were 10 years old, she drove you all day, from soccer to gymnastics to one birthday party after another. You thanked her by jumping out of the car and never looking back.

I always looked back... I am very close to my family, especially my parents. There wasn't a day when I was away, did I not call them to tell them how much I love them.

When you were 11 years old, she took you and your friends to the movies. You thanked her by asking to sit in a different row.

Sorry - wasn't allowed to the movies at the age of 11!

When you were 12 years old, she warned you not to watch certain TV shows. You thanked her by waiting until she left the house.

Not much of a TV person when I was younger. Used to play outside with friends or bug my mother in the kitchen!

Those Teenage Years

When you were 13, she suggested a haircut that was becoming. You thanked her by telling her she had no taste.

My mother actually had good taste so I thanked her a lot for that.

When you were 14, she paid for a month away at summer camp. You thanked her by forgetting to write a single letter.

I called often...

When you were 15, she came home from work, looking for a hug. You thanked her by having your bedroom door locked.

My mother was a homemaker so when I got home from school, she was always around for me to give her a big hug and a kiss on her cheeks! I miss that a lot.... :SMILY23:

When you were 16, she taught you how to drive her car. You thanked her by taking it every chance you could.

The driving instructor taught me how to drive cause my mother surrendered driving when she got back from London! My father was too strict for me and my brothers thought they were too cool to teach me... *smile*

When you were 17, she was expecting an important call. You thanked her by being on the phone all night.

I had my own phone so... that was never a problem!

When you were 18, she cried at your high school graduation. You thanked her by staying out partying until dawn.

No partying here - just some prayers with people from the mosque.

Growing Old and Gray

When you were 19, she paid for your college tuition, drove you to campus, carried your bags. You thanked her by saying good-bye outside the dorm so you wouldn't be embarrassed in front of your friends.

I went to a local university, just minutes from my house. I am never embarrassed about my mother nor father. I love them to death! I really don't care what my friends think... and if I had to be embarrass about my friends seeing my parents... well, then they are exactly my friends.

When you were 20, she asked whether you were seeing anyone. You thanked her by saying, "It's none of your business."

LOL - I tell my mother EVERYTHING! She has all my secrets and she took them with her to the grave. I have never uttered "it's none of your business" to my parents, not even my brothers!

When you were 21, she suggested certain careers for your future. You thanked her by saying, "I don't want to be like you."

I am who I am today because of my parents. A well educated woman with a great career and I can't thank both my parents enough! I am truly blessed to have my parents and I thank Allah for that.

When you were 22, she hugged you at your college graduation. You thanked her by asking whether she could pay for a trip to Europe.

I thanked her for being there and we all took a fantastic holiday together!

When you were 23, she gave you furniture for your first apartment. You thanked her by telling your friends it was ugly.

Never stayed on my own. In my country, it is not common to live with your parents. Children usually leave their parents when they get married but I know a lot of people that think it isn't cool to stay with your parents. Personally, I think staying with my parents brings me closer to them and also, it's time for me to take care of them.

When you were 24, she met your fiance and asked about your plans for the future. You thanked her by glaring and growling, "Muuhh-ther, please!"

My mother would never do such a thing (if she was still alive), not even my father. They respect me enough to know that I will go to them when I am ready to talk about "the future".

When you were 25, she helped to pay for your wedding, and she cried and told you how deeply she loved you. You thanked her by moving halfway across the country.

Nope, that didn't happen.

When you were 30, she called with some advice on the baby. You thanked her by telling her, "Things are different now."

When you were 40, she called to remind you of a relative's birthday. You thanked her by saying you were "really busy right now."

When you were 50, she fell ill and needed you to take care of her. You thanked her by reading about the burden parents become to their children.

And then, one day, she quietly died. And everything you never did came crashing down like thunder.

:wasalam:

Will never happen because she has passed away. These are all valid points, I do know it happens but not in my family. We were brought up to thank those who helped us become who we are today and I never failed to let my parents know how much they mean to me. Just a few weeks before my mother passed away, I told her how lucky I was to have her as my mother. Every night without fail, I tell both my parents that I love them and kiss and hug them good night...

I can't bear to think that there are people out there that treat their parents in such ways that are mentioned by the original poster.

dunno

well its just story its not about you so dont have to say what happend or what didnt
thanks for hte story
sorry if i was rude i didnt mean too