A Woman's Place Is In The Home.

shaz_1999

I agree with what you say from a female view coz some women have no shame the way they are they give the wrong impression about Islam, but it should never be forced upon people coz they end up hating the person who is forcing it upon up.

But on the other hand some people should be out, like for spreding the word of Islam or teaching or something like that. Like I defo need to go out ot clear my head or I would go mad.

But at the end of the day nothing should be forced on people they should have a choice coz then they are doing it for the wrong reason.

Like if parents say you cant go out if youve not prayed your namaz that person would pray namaz just to go out not to please Allah.

Hope it made sense

Sister June

Is the message I seem to be getting over and over again from various sources.

Do you agree or disagree?

The gender divide could be interesting. How many sisters would be/are happy to be confined to their domiciles? How many brothers (would) insist on them so being?

Yes and no, If she wants to be there fine, but if she had the option to get a job fine. All women dont have that choice. Especially here in the states living is SOOO expensive most families cannot live on one salary.
I myself have been selling on ebay to make some extra cash, however that does not seem to be working so I may have to go back to work.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salam,

As an older woman and a serious Muslim I now firmly believe that being able to stay at home is a privelge. What many forget is the need for us to spend time alone contemplating and praying. As a working mother I look forward to the times when I can leave the chaos of the world and seek refuge in my faith.
Careers come and go. I have to work. I am a counselor by occupation, at this venture in my life. I state to my clients, mostly mothers, to enjoy the blessings they have. The food for the soul is not outside the body.
The family is the strongest unit in a society. The glue to a family is the love that a mother provides.
We live in a world which enjoys emusculating our men. It is the duty of the wife to make his home a paradise. He needs to forget the constant humilation he faces in a world run on corruption and greed. The world is in a hurry to make an extra dollar at the price of blood.
Children are the treasures of heaven Allah grants us. What else could a woman desire but to raise the flowers of heaven such that when the husband comes home he is greeted by the fragrance of his children..and life makes sense.
Thank you.

zainab

Salam,

As an older woman and a serious Muslim I now firmly believe that being able to stay at home is a privelge. What many forget is the need for us to spend time alone contemplating and praying. As a working mother I look forward to the times when I can leave the chaos of the world and seek refuge in my faith.
Careers come and go. I have to work. I am a counselor by occupation, at this venture in my life. I state to my clients, mostly mothers, to enjoy the blessings they have. The food for the soul is not outside the body.
The family is the strongest unit in a society. The glue to a family is the love that a mother provides.
We live in a world which enjoys emusculating our men. It is the duty of the wife to make his home a paradise. He needs to forget the constant humilation he faces in a world run on corruption and greed. The world is in a hurry to make an extra dollar at the price of blood.
Children are the treasures of heaven Allah grants us. What else could a woman desire but to raise the flowers of heaven such that when the husband comes home he is greeted by the fragrance of his children..and life makes sense.
Thank you.

I agree totally. Lovely reply Sister.

:wasalam:

abdul Qadir

remember death
:salam2:
many non muslim women who are well educated and had well paying job stoped working and stay at home to take care of their children (saw on in 60 minutes like a year ago)

what is more important than to take care of a soul that Allah gave you???

kayleigh

If a woman is single I don't see the harm in her working. Even if she's married and doesn't have kids and she thinks she can handle working and domestic responsibilities, then I don't see the problem. However, while a woman is raising her kids I don't think it's good to work unless it's financially necessary. If the kids are grown and on their own and she still wants to work then, again, I don't see the harm.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salam,
Sister kayleigh, i do not believe harm is the word. Women have choices. However, there is more to life than working for a living i.e. going out to make money. Islam tells us to work hard throughout life. The wives of the Prophet (pbuh) worked hard. The main objective should not be to make money. The focus ought to be how do I raise my imam, meet the needs of my family and community, and serve Allah. Islam produces lawyers, doctors, philosphers, politicians,etc. We the female slaves of Allah need to find a balance, just as our brothers do. Yes, work but the object of work should be to serve Allah. If Allah blesses us with wealth as we go along then we need to give more in return. Islam does not recommend judging. Judgement belongs to Allah. Islam suggests we keep an eye on the contents of our hearts.