Advice from my reverted brothers and sisters!

massi

:salam2:
Allah bless and guide you to Djana .
well my Advice you have to do many perfect things for your mother ...
you have to be helpful for her ...clean the home ...cook...and give her present...
and when she ask you why you did it ? you say: because i m muslim and i must to do anything for you ...and you teach your mom what Allah said in the quran about Parents and also sunna ....

Sakeena

Asalam alaikum,

my mom says she's read the Quran and wants nothing to do with it... I think that it would be best to stay quiet....:girl3:

Sakeena

That's it! I'm gonna bash someone in the head in a minute!! :SMILY29:

sniffs.....................I wanna be a Muslimah..... :girl3:

massi

well it's impossible to say that she read the Quran and it's nothing ....
maybe she has to read again and again with Tafsir and maybe listen to it ...

pakidr

options u can think about...........

Assalam o allaikum!
first of all i want to congratulate you on taking such a brave decision at such young age...towards me its its really young because if i think about myself,i had not even thought,why i am a muslim?and u not only thought but also took a brave decision,that shows u r a wise girl...........after reading above suggestions i would like you to think seriously aboutfollowings
1:though situation seems unbearble but even then you can try to be calm and patient towards your mother.you have not mentioned ab anyone else in family(if supportive)dont offend her except in things against islam(like meals,music,parties etc etc)otherwise help your mom the way you can(because acc to islam we cant say even upps!!!to our parents,its offensive)she is your mother and deffinitely she loves you and she id doing all this to revert you back from the paths she thinks wrong,i would say it emotional blackmaling..............
2:secondly comes the option of leaving home,if at all thats impossible for you to live with her,now its up to you whether you can mange that or not............how ever if you feel you have better option and it will not affect your studies then go for that............
3:About marriage i would not advise you a hasty decision,it depends whether you have any right option and choice or not....at this young age and at school i think its not possible you could have a right,helping and courageous person.in my openion you should wait till you find your choice who should be helpful for you and he should have atleast same intensions like yours(to be a good muslim).but if you have someone then go for it.............
and be brave and think wisely,the choice you have made will not let you down in this life and hereafter...........Inshallah........all these obstacles are your test,to make you stronger..........if you ever find yourself entangled in such saitan nets try to read good islamic books(people r mentioning here)they will make u strong and onething important company is very important to face this stress,try to make some friend(on net,phone,community,islamic centres) with whome you could share,it will help you a lot..........we all here r praying for you...so now smile:SMILY139:
:wasalam:

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu sister

First of all, May Allah SUbhanahu wa Taala ease your hardship and bring ease, peace and tranquility in your life.

This is your battle ground where you are being tested, so hold firm to your faith and be steadfast, righteous and have patience. Surely they are the ones who are successful.

Take help from Muslims who are near to your house. Are there any mosques nearbye or Muslims living in your area? Ask them for help. Try to be with Muslim sisters who are close to you. At home do not talk anything about Islam, just continue your duties as a normal human being. Help your parents in household activities, be humble and keep smiling to them.

Sister life in this world is very short compared to the Hereafter, so please keep that in mind always. During the time of Rasul Allah Sallahu alahi wa sallam, Muslims were abused, insulted, physically tortured even. Did that make them lose hope in Allah Subhanahu wa Taala? I once read the story of a sahabi whose mother abused and physically hurt him because he became a Muslim. I forgot the name though (aazubillahi minas shaitanir razeem).

To get Jannah is not easy sister, we have to pass more difficult tests which are coming in near future. Read the story of Surah Al Buruj, where the King orders his army to put those people in the fire who rejects him as God. Did that stop people from embracing the fire and dying for the sake of Allah Subhanahu wa Taala?

So Hold fast to your faith and have patience. Surely Allah Subhanahu wa Taala will bring a way for you which you never have had imagined.

wa/salam

Sakeena

No mosque near my house that I know of.. I did receive a list of mosques but no Muslimah live in my area..................inshallah I have a great friend, a Muslimah, but I cannot see her....she lives in another town.... I do miss her!:hearts:

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
There are Islamic Organizations in USA. Try to contact them. Like Islamic Society of North America, Muslim Student's Association etc.
Brothers and Sisters in USA, please help our sister sakeena for the sake of Allah Subhanahu wa Taala.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
sIster, Assalam aleikum,

You should delete some messages because your inbox is full..and i cannot respond to your pms; i have not forgotten you ;)

Love you :hearts:

Sakeena

No like I said it won't work cus she don't wanna listen! Oh my God! I said that over and over!!! :hearts:

Mairo

Maryama
Assalamu aleikum,

Dear Sister Sakeena,
Although you are still young, it sounds as though you should seriously consider moving into another environment that will be better for you. It is hard enough to practice as a Muslim in the United States when you do have the support of your family. It is very, very difficult when you cannot count your own home as a place of peace and sanctuary! You have done well for yourself so far and kept your faith strong regardless of this difficulty, which is great. But it can't be easy on you, and I'm sure you're in need of a lot more support.

Do you have any other relatives who are more supportive of your reversion to Islam that you could live with instead? Or perhaps you could find some other Muslim sister(s) in your area that you could live with? Or if there are none in your area, would you be willing to move someplace where it would be possible to live with some other sisters? Also, I do not think you are too young to consider marriage, if that is an idea that is appealing to you.

And don't forget of the utmost importance is to seek guidance from Allah through patience and prayer. May Allah guide you to the place that will be best for you.

Best wishes to you, God bless

Sakeena

Asalam alaikum,

everyone is against my reversion and I'm tired of it! No I can't really leave cus I can't drive yet, plus I graduate in May inshallah. After that I can leave... I have no Muslim sisters in my area........

That's it! I've had it! N matter what I do/say, etc they are not happy with me! Maybe it would be better if I was gone move somewhere else inshallah. BUT WHERE??!!

sigh... marriage sounds promising... but it should be done for someone who ready...heehee...

salam,

Sakeena
:girl3:

Assalamu aleikum,

Dear Sister Sakeena,
Although you are still young, it sounds as though you should seriously consider moving into another environment that will be better for you. It is hard enough to practice as a Muslim in the United States when you do have the support of your family. It is very, very difficult when you cannot count your own home as a place of peace and sanctuary! You have done well for yourself so far and kept your faith strong regardless of this difficulty, which is great. But it can't be easy on you, and I'm sure you're in need of a lot more support.

Do you have any other relatives who are more supportive of your reversion to Islam that you could live with instead? Or perhaps you could find some other Muslim sister(s) in your area that you could live with? Or if there are none in your area, would you be willing to move someplace where it would be possible to live with some other sisters? Also, I do not think you are too young to consider marriage, if that is an idea that is appealing to you.

And don't forget of the utmost importance is to seek guidance from Allah through patience and prayer. May Allah guide you to the place that will be best for you.

Best wishes to you, God bless

Mairo

Maryama
Wa aleikum salaam,

I want to ask the reverts, the scholars, and any one who has the similiar experience with dealing with non-Muslims (esp. Christians, and people who want u to abandon Islam so they can be happy...

I just want you to know that you are not alone in this, at all! You explained it so perfectly too, the non-Muslims seem to want us to discard our religion so that THEY can be happy. It is very frustrating. Dealing with my family members has been the most difficult part for me. However, unlike you, I do not live with them. And fortunately I am married and my husband is Muslim (however I am much older than you!). I can honestly tell you that without that source of support and understanding in my life I don't know what I would do! Living in the US is like a constant test. Although there are people who are respectful of Islam, there are many who are just the opposite. And we have to live our lives constantly surrounded by non-Muslims: in our neighborhoods, in our schools, in our workplaces, in the marketplaces, etc. Having a place where we can find peace and support is crucial.

Since you are almost finished with high school, have you entertained the thought of attending university somewhere? Are there any larger cities in the US, where you could find a greater population of Muslims, that seem interesting to you?

Wasalaam

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum

riyaad us-saliheen is really good :)

I loved it and I still do.

Here's an online link for it if you dont want to buy it yet, but it's always a great book to have a hard copy of as well.

Riyaad Us-Saliheen Online

I think I'll put it on TTI ... it'd make it easier to see it here :)

wasalam

Salam, sorry brother, hehe didn't check to see if y are a boy or girl lol. So you buy those books online here? How much are they inshallah? If I purchase them, will it benefit TTI as well as myself inshallah?? :)

Salam

Sakeena :hearts:

Wulf

A'salaamu'aleikom Sister Sakeena.

I can understand your feelings of rejection and confusion. For myself, it has been the oposite to you. I am the parent, it has been my children, and my Wife that have rejected my beliefs.

In the end, one has to make a choice. Whom do I fear the most? Whom do I love the most?

I have chosen Allah, subhana wa ta'ala, but in doing so I chose to surrender all that oppose Him. I am now Divorced, my seven children have abandonded me and Last week, I even took my youngest daughter to live with her Mother because of her oposition.
Yes I am sad in a way, but although I have no-one, I know that I have the companionship and Love of Allah, subhana wa ta'ala, to support me.

I do not judge, but you live in a country where idolatry is a way of life. Your courage in the face of oposition stands as an example to others, more so because of your age. There are Adults who would fear to make the stand, that you are making, for your beliefs.

I pray that you will find the patience to continue your struggle and that Allah, subhana wa ta'ala, will make life a little easier for you. Ameen.

W'salaam

Ibrahim

Sakeena

American Muslims Please Read This Post Insha'Allah!

Asalam alaikum everyone, :hijabi:

here's advice from brother Khalid he sent me alhamdulilah:

listen to me carefully sister and act accordingly
these are to the problems u sent me the other day

one contact all muslim adults in you area, male and female born and revert muslims, either in universities, mosques and local communites and explain your situation to them and keep this a secret from your family and ask for HELP, Security etc try to be organisaed just i case your mother does throw you out at least you will have some where to go rather than be out in the cold.
contact Hina and her family and tel them your situation and ask for HELP and Advice and ask them to Help you in extreme situations if required.
this may sound bitter to you, but contact your ex fiancee and ask him to be there for you as a brother in ISLAM and to help you out if required.
NEVER EVER RUN AWAT OR LEAVE YOUR HOME OR MOTHER OR FAMILY, as islam bring family and relations together not to break it so endure it and be patient.
what are the reasons why you reverted to islam explain them with your mother.
how did you feel before islam and how do you feel now explain to your mother
use dialogue build your relationship, for example trust, love, go out to dinner or game of sports etc have a fun day out - you try to organisr it.
PRACTICE ISLAM IN SECRET if it upsets ur mother and she is threatning to throw you out - practice it all in secret.

BE a muslim and never ever leave a muslim even if you have to die, but show the beauty of islam in a un-directed manner to your mother and family etc.
one last advice - BE PATIENT, ENDURE EVERYTHING, PERSERVERE IN ALL SITUATIONS AND REMEMBER THE REWARD ALMIGHTY ALLAH (ALONE) HAS PROMISED THE PROPLE THAT ARE PATIENT IN TIMES OF DIFFICULTIES, HARDSHIPS, AFFLICTIONS, SO NEVER EVER LOSE HOPE, NEVER EVER DISPAIR, NEVER EVER LEAVE ISLAM FOR ITS YOUR TICKET TO ETERNAL BLISS, ETERNAL SUCCESS, ETERNAL HAPPINESS, ETERNAL PEACE, ETERNAL FUN AND GOOD TIMES IN PARADISE.
BE KIND TO YOUR MOTHER, REPSECT HER ALOT, SHOW EXCELLENT MORALS AND VALUES BE GGOD TO HER, DONT MAKE HER ANGRY AND INSHALLAH THIS MIGHT BE THE WAY BY THE PERMISSION OF ALMIGHTY ALLAH (ALONE) FOR HER TO COME TO ISLAM - INSHALLAH.

So what's do ya'll think so far? I must admit Khalid, your a helper! Allahu Akbar! Thanks to Allah (SWT) that we have you with us!

Wasalam,

Sakeena