All the wrong in Islam

moonnah

Or the "cultural Islam".

How do you still practice yet bad things are done in the name of Islam everyday?

Women beaten and killed unjustly; many men get away with unjustly things (and women do not); women are forced to marry at a young age.

My DH is a Muslim from Pakistan and I know these things happen. I have seen them with my own eyes. These are huges blocks for me.

How can all this be justified?

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
what!!

asalamu alaykum,

are you muslim anyways? because if you are not there is no way you can understand it. of cousre some people do that and the media makes it that all muslims are doing that. the people who are doing that think that they have knowledge but they don`t they never really took the time to understand the meanings of the holy Quran. and as you get more replies from other muslims they would say the same. they are ignorant people in everywhere that means everybody doesn`t follws islam the right way as they should be following. i hope this helps and what other muslims say.

Suhaila1

~~~~~~
I don't understand your question...You're wondering how I can be a Muslim when some crazy guy on the other side of the earth is killing in the name of Islam?

Someone can kill an innocent person and say they're doing it in the name of justice; does that mean justice is bad? No, it means that person is insane.

And so are you, for taking those people seriously.

user expired!

This is very illogical!!

Its like saying 'how can we still be human after all the suffering Humanity as caused!! lets all commit suicide!', this just doesn'nt make sense!

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Or the "cultural Islam".

How do you still practice yet bad things are done in the name of Islam everyday?

Women beaten and killed unjustly; many men get away with unjustly things (and women do not); women are forced to marry at a young age.

My DH is a Muslim from Pakistan and I know these things happen. I have seen them with my own eyes. These are huges blocks for me.

Hi moonnah

did you know that non-muslims (be it christians, hindus, and on...) all do the above... they kill, rape, mistreat women, and on and on... should we take those people who did wrong and justify their actions as the religion they try to follow???... in other words, if you look nice but have an "ugly" cousin, does it mean that your family (or you) are ugly??? does NOT make any sense, right??

please learn about Islam... Islam is a religion... Muslims are people (not perfect since humans are not perfect) trying to practice Islam...

Take care moonnah, hope Allah opens your heart to Islam...

saffanah

speak good or silent
Someone who do bad things, he or she does not practise Islam. If she/he is Muslim, then it is obvious that these people did not understand and against the Islamic law.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Or the "cultural Islam".

Lol honestly right before you mentioned that your "DH" was Pakistani, I already had a feeling you were talking about Pakistanis. These days when people mention anything related to the "cultural Islam", they really mean Pakistanis because no one's as bold about their extremist actions like Pakistanis are. And despite the fact that I myself am Pakistani, I would be offended that you consider all Muslims to be the same when you are only looking at one country and a FEW people.

I don't know how many times I've had to say this but I will say it again because it appears to be GREATLY needed. You do believe that all these "transgressors" are HUMAN, yes? Humans are liable to make mistakes as they are created with LIMITATIONS. We're not angels, we're not meant to be perfect. Being Muslim doesn't equal perfection.

Also as a result of being human, Muslims share this same special commonality with CHRISTIANS, JEWS, HINDUS, etc. So basically if I were to go by your ideology, then a Christian should reconsider his faith because there are a group of priests in his community that are pedophiles and like to rape children. Or if I was Jewish, I should just drop what I'm doing and live in isolation out of fear of sin because some Zionist Jews were murdering innocent Palestinians.

Maybe you should talk to your "DH" and ask him these questions. And while you're at it, maybe you should remember that if you're going to point out the flaws of one group you should point them out in ALL groups because last I recall, we're from the same species and all liable to make the same mistakes.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Or the "cultural Islam".

Hello there,

First of all, don't judge ANY religion by ignorant humans. You should not judge Islam but its people. Before you go around judge and saying things about religion you should go and read the religion book to discover if how the people are act is apporpate.

[I second to that, every where you go now days there is disgusting behaviour in all religions , its the people that are not following the right way, I to hope that you will gain some deeper insight, so you will undertsand. I try my hardest to the day I day to follow the book and I think it is everyones duty to spread the true meaning to people as soom people may not know or it might be that it hasn't reached them yet, and that is what we are hear for,

true say, proud to be muslim and I dont abuse or hurt anyone insha allah, I am here to help anyone whilst allah gives me the strength wherever they be from any nation, these people that are taking to extreme are lost and they need help if god willing it is meant to be, as he is the only person that knows what they conceal in side.

danyal_1992

Or the "cultural Islam".

hye,
if u wanna judge any religion of the world,then u must judge it on the basis of its scripture . Because if u judge it by observing its followers, they may be not following it correctly so u will not be able to know wat the particular religion says and if u wanna know wat Islam says then u must read the Qur'an but wid not negative mind or u will not understand it correctly.By the way i m also from Pakistan. May Allah give u hiddaya.

Zafran

Muslim Brother
Salaam

Just because some idiots in the corner of the world are doing stupid things in the name in Islam does not mske the religion bad, but the people that are doing those things most of the time for there own gain.

Read the quran.

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
Lol honestly right before you mentioned that your "DH" was Pakistani, I already had a feeling you were talking about Pakistanis. These days when people mention anything related to the "cultural Islam", they really mean Pakistanis because no one's as bold about their extremist actions like Pakistanis are. And despite the fact that I myself am Pakistani, I would be offended that you consider all Muslims to be the same when you are only looking at one country and a FEW people.

I don't know how many times I've had to say this but I will say it again because it appears to be GREATLY needed. You do believe that all these "transgressors" are HUMAN, yes? Humans are liable to make mistakes as they are created with LIMITATIONS. We're not angels, we're not meant to be perfect. Being Muslim doesn't equal perfection.

Also as a result of being human, Muslims share this same special commonality with CHRISTIANS, JEWS, HINDUS, etc. So basically if I were to go by your ideology, then a Christian should reconsider his faith because there are a group of priests in his community that are pedophiles and like to rape children. Or if I was Jewish, I should just drop what I'm doing and live in isolation out of fear of sin because some Zionist Jews were murdering innocent Palestinians.

Maybe you should talk to your "DH" and ask him these questions. And while you're at it, maybe you should remember that if you're going to point out the flaws of one group you should point them out in ALL groups because last I recall, we're from the same species and all liable to make the same mistakes.

This moonah character is not a muslim and certainly targeting her hatred for Pakistanis for some reason. Please don't waste your time on her. if she sincerely wants to know about Islam, she can go through the forums and decides.

I love Islam and Pakistanis and you lot, thats all matters.

Wassalam

moonnah

This moonah character is not a muslim and certainly targeting her hatred for Pakistanis for some reason. Please don't waste your time on her. if she sincerely wants to know about Islam, she can go through the forums and decides.

I love Islam and Pakistanis and you lot, thats all matters.

Wassalam

FYI...
How dare you say such a thing! Dont disrespect me and dismiss me!!!

How come when someone asks hard , tuff ,and honest questions we are shoved away as "haters".

I can get 1,000 links of the bad in Islam and I can get the same amount on Christianity. I am interested in Islam so here I am. There is no such thing as blind faith; we all must learn ; so here I am.

I never said I was a Muslim.

ShyHijabi

FYI...
How dare you say such a thing! Dont disrespect me and dismiss me!!!

How come when someone asks hard , tuff ,and honest questions we are shoved away as "haters".

I can get 1,000 links of the bad in Islam and I can get the same amount on Christianity. I am interested in Islam so here I am. There is no such thing as blind faith; we all must learn ; so here I am.

I never said I was a Muslim.

An important this to remember is that one must seperate religion from the people that practice it. And the hard, tough questions have been asked before but usually in a less inflammatory way. You made a statement that there was so much wrong with Islam but used the actions of sinful humans to judge the religion.

As an American I can tell you that domestic abuse, killing and sexual assault are definitely not unique to Muslims. America is mostly a Chrsitian nation and the violence committed here is extreme...rape, murder, assault...it's sickening actually. So how can you witness this everyday on the news and still be an American? Because the actions of others have nothing to do with your beliefs and practices, right?

You used the term "cultural Islam" and that is a flawed term in of itself. There is Islam and then there is culture, there is no culture of Islam. The Quran and Hadiths instruct to treat your spouse with respect and dignity, to give to charity, to be slow to anger and quick to forgive. This is the rules I follow, not the ignorant teachings of a culture.

moonnah

An

You used the term "cultural Islam" and that is a flawed term in of itself. There is Islam and then there is culture, there is no culture of Islam. The Quran and Hadiths instruct to treat your spouse with respect and dignity, to give to charity, to be slow to anger and quick to forgive. This is the rules I follow, not the ignorant teachings of a culture.

but if thats the truth then Islam takes full responsibility for all the things that go on behind Muslims closed doors.

I think their is SUCH a thing as Cultural Islam.
When one visits Pakistan homes, muslim homes in America and Saudi homes they are all different with sometimes different religious beliefs and Islamic cultural beliefs.

When Islam dominates all aspects of life even the government then it is "cultural".

Maybe I am wrong; but then so would be the thousands who study these things.

Suhaila1

~~~~~~
i understand however I didnt come here to talk about Christianity or American society. I just am asking straight forward and dont want to beat around the bush or tip toe around.

ShyHijabi was pretty straightforward...Try reading her post again, I don't think her message got through to you.