Am i am Muslim???

zainababuzaid12

Salam

I always wonder I do Karate and you have to bow down to the Master. Is that Shirk?? If it is i am really Sick when i mean Sick I mean Dead Sick. I really need to know this Fast can any one please give advice. I need help is their anyway i could know. Can anyone contact a Scholar.Because I never knew. Maybe Allah might not forgive me. I really need Help.

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
Assalamu'alaykum

I found this on islamQA sister, i think this is what you're looking for

Ruling on doing martial arts which involve bowing and shirk

I am in a Kung fu school, and I have been training with the same teacher for over 4 years. I am now a close student to the teacher which means he teaches me more of the style and chinese medicine. In my position I must help the school grow by trying to get more people at the school. My intention is to get the people in the school so they can learn self defense. The problem is that in this school there are two types of (major)shirk that go on regularly, but the teacher does not force the student to perform these things if he doesn't want to. Is it haram that I bring people to the school knowing they might engage in these activities. What about children?.

Praise be to Allaah.
Practising sports of various kinds that do not go against the rulings of sharee’ah and that fulfil the aim of worshipping Allaah is one of the things that are encouraged by Islam, so as to attain physical strength and mental health. The evidence of the Qur’aan and Sunnah indicates that this is allowed in sharee’ah and is in fact encouraged.

But in some cases these sports may be haraam, not in and of themselves, but because they include some haraam things. This applies to what you have mentioned in your question.

An example of the haraam things that may happen is bowing to someone other than Allaah. It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “A man said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, when one of us meets his friend, can he bow to him?’ The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘No.’ He said, ‘Can he hug him and kiss him?’ He said, ‘No.’ He said, ‘Can he shake hands with him?’ He said, ‘Yes, if he wishes.’” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2728; he said it is a hasan hadeeth. Also narrated by Ibn Maajah. 3702. The hadeeth was classed as hasan by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 160).

Ibn Taymiyah said: “With regard to bowing in greeting, this is forbidden as narrated in al-Tirmidhi from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), that they asked him about a man who meets his brother and bows to him, and he said no to that. That is because it is not permitted to bow or prostrate for anyone except Allaah.” (Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 1/377).

If you know that the person whom you invite to join will do something haraam or something that is a kind of shirk, then you should not do that, whether the one whom you invite is a child or an adult, because that is a kind of cooperating in sin, and Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Help you one another in Al‑Birr and At‑Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression”

[al-Maa'idah 5:2]

May Allaah help us and you to do that which He loves and which pleases Him. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions.

And another fatwa from the same source.

What is the ruling on playing karate

What is the ruling on playing karate?

Praise be to Allaah.

Karate is one of the martial arts, a form of self-defence using one’s hands, without any kind of weapon. It allows hitting with the foot, fist or edge of the hand, focusing on concentrating all one's energy in that blow.

The shar’i viewpoint of this sport:

The sport includes numerous physical, psychological and mental benefits, and it is in accordance with sharee’ah in some ways, and goes against it in others. Among the ways in which it is in accordance with Islam are:

The concealing garments which cover all the ‘awrah completely. The rules of this sport require wearing covering garments composed of a shirt of thick white cotton, and trousers made of the same material, which have to be wide to allow movement of the legs and feet.

Combatants are forbidden to direct blows that will cause harm to their opponents. The rules of the game dictate that attacks must be restrained, and must not cause harm to one's opponent, unlike the rules of boxing, for example.

But on the other hand this sport is not free of things that go against sharee’ah, such as allowing blows to the face.

In addition, it includes some religious rituals that are derived from local Indian religions, such as the exchange of greetings between the combatants, which take the form of bows that are similar to rukoo’ (the Muslim does not bow to anyone except Allaah), and the exercises such as keeping silent and focusing or meditating, which are derived from the religious rituals of Buddhism, etc. All of these are totally rejected by Islam.

But it is not forbidden to practise this sport once these issues have been eliminated. It is possible to eliminate them on an unofficial level, even if it is not possible to do so on an official and international level. It is not essential to learn these skills at the level of championships and clubs which adhere to these matters and view them as an essential part of the sport which everyone who practises it must adhere to.

From Qadaayaa al-Lahw wa’l-Tarfeeh, p. 369

Edit: Don't worry about it sister, if you did bowing to the master before, it was because you didn't know about it that it is forbidden to do so, and insya Allah He will easily forgive you for it, don't ever despair from the mercy of Allah sister. Btw is the one teaching karate a brother or a sister?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam

I always wonder I do Karate and you have to bow down to the Master. Is that Shirk?? If it is i am really Sick when i mean Sick I mean Dead Sick. I really need to know this Fast can any one please give advice. I need help is their anyway i could know. Can anyone contact a Scholar.Because I never knew. Maybe Allah might not forgive me. I really need Help.

:salam2:

My dear sister you are muslim if you believe here is only one God and Muhammed is messenger of Him. Allah is the most forgiving. May He forgive you if you have done anything wrong.

:hearts:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Now, do you feel better? You are a good Muslim. You are a serious Believer. How you love the Quran. It just makes me love you more and more.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
wa`alaykumassalam

Just tell them its not allowed for you to bow and it will be alright inshaa`Allah i did the same thing.

a_stranger

:salam2:

Very nice that we think and try not to do something wrong alhamduliAllah this is blessing now you can tell them you can't bow to other than the one who created you.

And there is no sin for you in the mistakes that ye make unintentionally, but what your hearts purpose (that will be a sin for you). Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (5) Surat Alahzab translation of the meanings of Quran