An Interesting Debate

Waterdrop

Banned
The punishment in Islam of terrorism is the capital punishment. It is stated unambiguously in the Quran. If you didn't know that you should start educating yourself instead of repeating what you hear in the media. Stopping the terrorists is a jihaad, a struggle to establish what's right and stop what's wrong. Mass murderers in the West do not represent Christianity and likewise the terrorists do not represent Islam even they say they do.

noone is saying that all of islam believes this. If you read what i said in my previous posts then you'd know this.

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
Well the war was not sanctioned by the church

This is what happens when somebody looks for information in an encyclopedia, u discover that:

First Crusade was launched by Pope Urban II at the Council of Clermont (Encyclopædia Britannica)

U also get to discover that some people don't distinguish between metaphores and synonyms.

"A mighty army of religious warriors is being assembled on the president's behalf."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/06/04/opinion/main621181.shtml

Waterdrop

Banned

This is what happens when somebody looks for information in an encyclopedia, u discover that:

First Crusade was launched by Pope Urban II at the Council of Clermont (Encyclopædia Britannica)

U also get to discover that some people don't distinguish between metaphores and synonyms.

"A mighty army of religious warriors is being assembled on the president's behalf."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/06/04/opinion/main621181.shtml

Are you kidding me? You're stretching now and it's quite embarrassing. media outlets don't speak for Americans...

konrad16660

very interesting

I had seen the womans post on youtube before. It was much harder to find the clerics response. I was glued to his oration the entire time. Being an American it does sadden me to see that a certain group of people are being target. Hyprocritical considering we sided with bin-laden during the Soviet conflict. It seems like America only makes friendly with other people when there is some profit. Anyways thanks for posting those videos. I truly strive for peace, however futile that may seem.

"Mankind is a single Nation"

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
I had seen the womans post on youtube before. It was much harder to find the clerics response. I was glued to his oration the entire time. Being an American it does sadden me to see that a certain group of people are being target. Hyprocritical considering we sided with bin-laden during the Soviet conflict. It seems like America only makes friendly with other people when there is some profit. Anyways thanks for posting those videos. I truly strive for peace, however futile that may seem.

:salam2:
There are lots of Muslims, Christians, Jews, atheists, etc, who strive for peace. Unfortunately many others strive for evil among the mentioned groups. Many prefere polarity, like Wafa Sultan and those (including some Muslims and Christians) who divide the world to "us" versus "them".

Waterdrop

Banned

it's funny that you ended your post with "Mankind is a single Nation" because I agree 100% that we are ALL (muslim, Christian, hindu, aetheist..etc.) equal, however many people from different religions put themselves on a higher level and claim to be better than those of opposing viewpoints (all religions do this) and refuse to listen to other sides.

abdellah007

waterdrop

waterdrop.

this debate takes longer with no results as i see.

one thing i want u to do. as long as there re many reverts from chritianity to islam in this website, i invite u to PM them and ask them why they choose islam. they better know what chritianity is all about and maybe their stories will help sorting things out. dont u see that scientists,,authors,
actrists and and and are choosing this beautiful religion. didnt u ask urself once why? do they do not know ben laden, suicide bombers,,,, etc. bcos they were seeking the truth in their own then they found it. do the same and make searches in ur own.

may allah swt guides u to the right path.

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
Salam,

He means that regardless of the ugly stories (some real and sad and some fabricated) the media propagandizes, some unbiased people from all over the world refused to succumb to preconceived stereotypes and chose to invistigate on their own, only to find out that Islam is different from what some Muslims mistakenly do.

how many of these stroies are correct about what muslims in fact do?

where have you problem sister?

with islam or with muslim?

If with muslim you have to see him as a human being who is full with mistakes and quran is not responsible for that and if you have question related with islam then feel free to ask.