An introduction, finally

WolfWalker

I have been lurking on this site for a little while now and think it is about time to introduce myself.
I'm not a Muslim, at least not at this point, I'm not much of anything really. Guess you could say I'm searching. Searching is good right, means I know there is something lacking, where as a lot of people don't even know that.
I grew up in a non-practicing Christian household, any religious exposure of any kind was spotty at best. And when i did go to church with the more religious members of my family it always felt like i didn't belong, and i never could make sense of the whole Jesus was Gods son thing. I did however believe he was a teacher and a prophet, but there were a lot of prophets and teachers that God entrusted (not sure that is the exact word I'm looking for) to instruct his servants, and they were never called sons of God. Plus to me it seemed as if they were putting him at the same level as God, I don't know that sort of bothered me a lot, because to me God is God and no one is better than God or can hope to be like God, we poor humans can only hope to be pleasing to God. And like it or not Jesus was only human, therefore in my thoughts shouldn't have been put up there with God. So there ended my time with the Christian churches. I like a lot of disillusioned Christians, then turned to paganism, again not for me. I have studied many religions and the sects with in those religions and so far nothing has really seemed right.
I don't know much about Islam but that is why I am here, to learn about it. What I do know, and don't take me the wrong way please, is that what I have learned about it has started a hunger in me to know more and more about it.

Now that i have completely bored you LoL, on to some stuff so you know a bit about who i am. I am 42, married, female, and i live in Canada. My husband is not religious, but he supports me in my search for truth, as he puts it lol. And he is a great sounding board when it comes to my discussing what i have learned so who knows maybe he also is learning something lol.

Let me just end with a thank you , for this wonderful site, I have learned a lot just in the few days i have been lurking here.

BigAk

Hello WolfWalker,

I want to start by saying that you are a "Muslima at heart." (Muslima is the arabic pronunciation for a female muslim). Everything you put in your post above has confirmed the fact. Here's how:

1) You have acknowledged the fact that there is only ONE God (Allah in Arabic).

2) you have acknowledged the fact the Jesus (PBU) is no more than a messenger/prophet of God.

3) You have acknowledged your belief in the previous messenger/prophets of God.

This is basically what Islam is all about.

What is left is :

1) acknowledging that Muhammad (PBU) is also a messenger of God.

2) acknowledging that the Quran is divine words of God sent by the angel Gabriel.

3) Believing in all the Angels of God. (You prob. already do)

4) Believing in the hereafter. (You prob. already do)

5) Believe in whatever fate has God ordained for you whether good or tough. (You prob. already do)

and that's it... It's Islam in a nut shell.... pretty simple huh??.. :D

Finally; we are very delighted to have you here among our community. :)

ProudToBeaMuslim

Peace be with you dear sister. :)

Welcome to TTI. We are really glad to have you amongst us! Please feel free to ask any questions you have! don't hesitate the slightest. We are here to help. You are our sister, and it is out of genuine love for you and love for our God that we will help you to find the same peace and satisfaction, that we found in the deen of Islam....The deen from our creator.
"They are those whom Allah had guided. So follow their guidance. Say: "No reward I ask of you for this (the Qur'an). It is only a reminder for the 'Alamin (mankind and jinn)." "
( سورة الأنعام , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #90)

First of All dear sister, start by reading The Qur'an. Contemplate it. There is a very active Muslim community in Canada. You can get a copy from a nearby Mosque or order it through the internet. There are many sisters and brothers here in TTI from Canada who may be able to help you with that Insha Allah.
Also check out some TTI articles about basics in Islam in the left handside tab of the TTI Home page.

"He it is Who has appointed for you the night that you may rest therein, and the day to make things visible (to you). Verily, in this are Ayat (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) for a people who listen (i.e. those who think deeply). "
( سورة يونس , Yunus, Chapter #10, Verse #67)

"Those who remember Allah (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying): "Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted are You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire. "
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #191)

""Do you wonder that there has come to you a reminder (and an advice) from your Lord through a man from amongst you to warn you? And remember that He made you successors after the people of Nuh (Noah) and increased you amply in stature. So remember the graces (bestowed upon you) from Allah so that you may be successful."
( سورة الأعراف , Al-Araf, Chapter #7, Verse #69)

"And when they (who call themselves Christians) listen to what has been sent down to the Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم), you see their eyes overflowing with tears because of the truth they have recognised. They say: "Our Lord! We believe; so write us down among the witnesses. "
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #83)

Tell us more about where you have reached and what do you know exactly about Islam so that we can help you more.
For whom God intends good, He gives them the understanding of his religion.
Peace be with you and your family sister. :)

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
Hey, a warm welcome to you Sister :)

I hope u find what you're looking for here, and now that you have joined TTI, inshaAllah *God- Willing* you can ask us anything if you're having doubts etc :)

Always here to help out inshaAllah

Take care of yourslef, and have a great stay! :)

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
Welcome to TTI. Hope you find here what you are looking for. I joined this website nearly 2 years ago and during this time I have seen many people who came to this website wondering what Islam is, some even came challenging Islam. And then I saw over a period of time their posts changed, then they learned Islam and read Quran and then became Muslim.

Islam means Peace, Islam also means Submission, Islam also means Sincerity. So Islam means the peace you get when you sincerely submit yourself to the commands of God Almighty, and by doing so you become a Muslim.

I also felt the same as one of our brother BigAk has posted that you are already a Muslimah at heart. And since you are on TTI, InshaAllah (God willing) you will travel the rest of your journey and become a Muslimah in other ways too.

Our beloved Prophet Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Him) got several miracles, but his biggest miracle was the Holy Quran. This is an amazing book, even its translation can also be quite overwhelming because it is directly from the creator of the heavens and the earth. You feel its power when you read it. This book has been around for more than 1400 years and despite numerous attempts by its enemies has still remained intact and pure since the time of its revelation, because its author, Allah (SWT), the God Almighty Himself, has taken over the responsibility to protect this book, which is the last and final testament for all humanity until the Day of Judgment.

I am sure you would have many questions... Please feel free to ask any question at anytime. We will do our best to answer them.

Welcome again sister WolfWalker, and if your husband could also join then we will be equally glad in welcoming him too.
:wasalam:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
HUUUUUGGG!!!
the warmest welcome to you sister!!:D
like some of my brothers said already, I too believe that you're for sure a MUSLIMAH by heart!!:D you just havent made it official.....inshaAllah we hopping to hear about your Shahada (testmony of faith)and your husband's too;););) yaaaaaaaaaayy:D:D:D
got any questions??? just ask inshaAllah, there are so many nice brothers and sisters here who are willing to help !!!:D

WolfWalker

I have started to read the Quran on line, and intend to call the Islamic Association here about getting one of my own. Actually how i found out about the Islamic Association here was from a video right here on TTI, the video is one of a university student here that reverted to Islam.
I haven't read much I'm afraid, I can only read so much from a computer screen before my eyes hurt. However something I neglected to mention in my earlier post was that as I thought on the subject of the Quran, that to me it makes sense that God would appoint another prophet to bring to His servants once again His will for our lives, seeing as the Torah and the Bible were messed up by men with their own agendas, disregarding God's will for us. Even though in the bible it says that no word was to be added nor taken away from it, so many things were added to the bible and other things were left out, and still to day it keeps getting changed, it boggles the mind that men claiming to be of God could assume to be better than God as in to decide what should or shouldn't be in a book that is by God. Yet only the Quran has never been changed. Makes one think. Well at least it makes those that are willing to think/see/hear , think on it, and make them want to know more. At least that is how it is with me.

I do have a question that is bothering me, seeing as i am only now starting to learn of Islam, and it is that I know we are in the end times , after all Mohammed was the last prophet that Allah sent , there are no more after him, If the judgment were to come before i became Muslim , or if my end came before then, what would happen to me. I mean no one should rush a decision as important as this, as one needs to be sincere in their intent to do something like this because of fear would have no meaning in my opinion so i want to make sure that my intentions are right.

Any ways sorry to go off in a tangent again, and for such a long post. And again thank you all for your understanding and patience.

revert2007

Love Fishing
I do have a question that is bothering me, seeing as i am only now starting to learn of Islam, and it is that I know we are in the end times , after all Mohammed was the last prophet that Allah sent , there are no more after him, If the judgment were to come before i became Muslim , or if my end came before then, what would happen to me. I mean no one should rush a decision as important as this, as one needs to be sincere in their intent to do something like this because of fear would have no meaning in my opinion so i want to make sure that my intentions are right.

Any ways sorry to go off in a tangent again, and for such a long post. And again thank you all for your understanding and patience.

well sister before the world really comes to an end,there will be the arising of the eanti christ dajal and and Prophet Isaa will come down to earth adn kill the dajal.these whole antochrist thing takes some time whereby
the 1day =1 year
the 2nd day=1month
the 3rd day=1 week
and the following days are as normal days

the world doent come to an end just like that...it takes some process and step by step

u can't repent anymore when the angel blows the trumpet.when he did this..the world will start the process of ending.

u dont have to bother about the world come to an end but u should bother about dying.we might die before the world come to an end and once u have died,u cant repent anymore
thats the reason we advice those being a muslim by heart to pronounce the shahadah before it's too late(before the death )

in my experience of da'wah,i hv learnt a lot of things about advicing others about islam.u are absolutly right about being sincere and learn about islam and have confidence about the truth of islam before saying shahadah.

i know some people who have said the shahadah and even soemone say it 7-8 times,yet they keep on doubting about islam and decided not be a mulsim.

do the shahadah when ur mentally and spiritually prepared and u think u can go ahead with this beautiful life.

u dont need to know A-Z but at least u should 100percent believe that Allah is the only Creator,prophet Muhamad s.a.w is the final messenger to convey Islam and everything from quran is Allah's word and beleive in the end of world(kiamat),believe in angels,believe in hell heaven and so on

what is the point of saying shahadah if ur heart and mind still doubts about islam and Allah.

i advice u,to learn as much as possible at least to convince ur heart and mind.

ur still a beginner and u might have plenty of questions to be answered.just feel free to ask insyaAllah we will answer all ur doubts

:)

zbhotto

Banned
One of the reason the christian give divinity to prophet Jesus (PBUH) is that they say God's word become flesh. This is a vague argument because it is HIS (SWT) word that bring everything into existence in the worlds. For example Koran says,

1. The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.
( Yusuf Ali's translation , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #59)

2. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.
( Yusuf Ali's translation , Maryam, Chapter #19, Verse #35)

3. We said, "O Fire! be thou cool, and (a means of) safety for Abraham!"
( Yusuf Ali's translation , Al-Anbiya, Chapter #21, Verse #69)

These verses clarifies that everything came into existence after ALLAH's command (word). Following these two verses we can say It was ALLAH'S command by which the eggs of Mary are fertilized automatically. It is so easy to Aimighty ALLAH that He (SWT) can create millions of Jesus from a single woman/monkey/chicken eggs in zero earth time.

If Jesus was a flesh of ALLAH's word then where was He in the first 30 years of his life. Did he not speak in his first 30 years of life? Word of ALLAH's become flesh does not mean Word become God, (if so it implies there are two gods, god is god and his word is god) rather it means Word fertilize the egg of Mary only. Jesus says ''I just hear (from revelation) and Judge and my judgement is true.'' If God's word become flesh then from where he is hearing. How come he judge, is there any revelation in the bible where jesus says "I got this revelation and it was false". If not then how come he can claim he judge the revelation. He cannot judge a revelation it is an interpolation.

It is ALLAH's word the clay become flesh of Adam (PBUH). Does this mean Adam is GOD. Nonsense

Islam is Best

hello

Good question,

but God says that when it comes the Day of Resurrection does not work rights if you do not believe in islam a you believe when he sees the larger truth

This is why God gave us reason to think with and to know what is the true religion I do not think that will determine the true religion requires you to only a few weeks

the god test us is thes world so what will be your answer ??

I compared among all religions in the world and found that 90% of the population of the earth to follow the following religions Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism and Judaism

You can read more about these religions

Ask yourself, but if God created us Why do not we show

So God does not appear to us to our testing a particular reason in this life

So God wants to know right from wrong God, and affects every person to be held accountable according to the work in this life

It was all the people of the land belonging to the same religion, but when the proliferation of people seduced by the devil and make them worship other than God then appeared religions and beliefs that are incompatible with the worship of God

You have to say your word

and do not be hesitant because you're moving really on the right way

and Ask God to gude to straight way

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

sister as i already see u r a moslem by belief it is a question of fulfilling its obligations which r designed to mk our life successful.

so mans judgement is really when he/ she dies because h/she wakes from the dream called life and ofcourse the big day is near as well.

so dont delay islam is the deen ul fitra i.e the natural way of life

if u ere to die tmrw what wud u do --think -then do the due

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
My beloved sister, I welcome you from the bottom of my heart.
Keep searching sister , searching is ALWAYS good. I'll pray for you.And
May god lead you to the straight path!

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
My dear sister, I welcome you from the bottom of my heart! may you find the answers And may god lead you to the right path!!!

a_stranger

you are most welcome :SMILY259::SMILY259::SMILY259::SMILY259::SMILY259::SMILY259::SMILY259::SMILY259::SMILY259::SMILY259:

Teaching of islam is light that brighten hearts, souls .......and make people happy now and then by the mercy of Allah swt. :SMILY139::SMILY139::SMILY139:

zarah

Islam
Staff member
I have been lurking on this site for a little while now and think it is about time to introduce myself.
I'm not a Muslim, at least not at this point, I'm not much of anything really. Guess you could say I'm searching. Searching is good right, means I know there is something lacking, where as a lot of people don't even know that.
I grew up in a non-practicing Christian household, any religious exposure of any kind was spotty at best. And when i did go to church with the more religious members of my family it always felt like i didn't belong, and i never could make sense of the whole Jesus was Gods son thing. I did however believe he was a teacher and a prophet, but there were a lot of prophets and teachers that God entrusted (not sure that is the exact word I'm looking for) to instruct his servants, and they were never called sons of God. Plus to me it seemed as if they were putting him at the same level as God, I don't know that sort of bothered me a lot, because to me God is God and no one is better than God or can hope to be like God, we poor humans can only hope to be pleasing to God. And like it or not Jesus was only human, therefore in my thoughts shouldn't have been put up there with God. So there ended my time with the Christian churches. I like a lot of disillusioned Christians, then turned to paganism, again not for me. I have studied many religions and the sects with in those religions and so far nothing has really seemed right.
I don't know much about Islam but that is why I am here, to learn about it. What I do know, and don't take me the wrong way please, is that what I have learned about it has started a hunger in me to know more and more about it.

Now that i have completely bored you LoL, on to some stuff so you know a bit about who i am. I am 42, married, female, and i live in Canada. My husband is not religious, but he supports me in my search for truth, as he puts it lol. And he is a great sounding board when it comes to my discussing what i have learned so who knows maybe he also is learning something lol.

Let me just end with a thank you , for this wonderful site, I have learned a lot just in the few days i have been lurking here.

:salam2:

Welcome!

:wasalam:

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
AsalamAlakum,

Welcome to TTI

It’s nice to have u join this lovely community.

Insha Allah u benefit from us as we from u.

Enjoy ur stay Insha Allah,

Take Care,