Animal / vegetable products.......

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatoh.

Well after a year or so of being muslim, just recently have I even noticed to look in to my products. It really never came to me until now.
Well I have realized that almost every single product in my home, is either made of Alcohal (shampoo, deaoderant, perfumes, dishwasher cleaners etc)
Or it is made of animal fat ( Soap, body wash, deoderant, toothpaste)

So I went out to shoppers drug mart, which is a store here in Canada which has all hygeine products and what not. So I look at the back of some items , and noticed it doesn't say alcohal or anything. I even took it to the doctor in the back and asked him, does it have any animal fat. His reply was no it doesn't seem so.
So I take the items home, only to come on the internet to find out, one of them is made of beef/pork the other , I called their company and they told me "It may have it, it may not, but we don't know what was the resource used at the specific time"
What kind of answer is that ! How do they not know !
Anyways, Canada sucks, every single item in the stores is haram. I even searched on a website for some soap, only to find out that the ONLY soap item that isn't haram is sold in the states and not in Canada...

So I guess I need to buy oils, because soap is haram, unless there is some halal soap somewhere. Now the question is where can I find oil, and I will never order it from the internet.

Anyways sorry for complaining but I guess I can stop now... To the brothers/sisters who live in the west... A reminder !! LOOK at your products because 95% of the stuff here is made of animal fat, and alcohal. Call your companies, and try your best to just buy oils. Oil's are not made of fat , up to my knowledge....
What a waste of money !! :( Assalamu alaikum, wa rahmatullahi , wa barakatoh.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Brother, use Tom of Maine's products - its all halal. And I know for a fact that the Bath and Body soaps use fish gelatin (which is halal), but since you're a brother, I don't suppose you want to use all that sweetly smelling stuff.

You can use many liquid soaps, just check to see if they don't have tallowate.

Alcohol used in these things is okay, as far as I know. We're just not supposed to be drinking the alcohol, but nowhere in the Quran does it say that alcohol is not to be used in anything at all - I mean, its one of the most important chemicals.

Okay, I just checked the muslim consumer group website, and Palmolive soap (gold and classic) does not contain pork, though it contains beef fat. Can we muslims use beef fat soaps???? I mean, since its near impossible to find a halal bar soap. Tom of Maine's soap is priced at nearly $4 for a single bar, which is pretty pricey, and out of my budget.

kayleigh

I'm sure if you go to Whole Foods or something you can find vegan products. as for the alcohol, I think a lot of it is a different kind of alcohol than the kind you drink. and even if it was, who cares if you wash your hair with it? You're not drinking it.

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
................... prince!!
jazak allah khair for your concern regarding halal products. may allaah swt help and protect us all.
ameen.